Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.0

652 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Germantown, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Germantown, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

It was a negative experience. I scheduled my interview at 10:45am and no worker was at the service desk to "check me in" and so I sat in a chair with other interviewees. Sat and sat until it was 11:30am. Finally a worker came to talk to me and asked my interview time. Turns out they totally forgot about my interview and skipped me! Went in with the manager and it was super informal, glad he was easy to talk to but it was really unprofessional of them. Also, the job offer was not even the position I applied to... Love shopping at Wal-Mart but oh my gosh management sucks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Anamosa, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Anamosa, IA) in May 2017.

Interview

Basic interview process and it was really easy to be a top candidate as long as you are a normal, hard working person. There were no tough questions, but a lot of training immediately following the background check and drug test

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I went in for the interview. The process was longer than I thought. It was good. No problems. Not sure what else to say. It wasn't too bad. The interview.

Anonymous Employee in Boardman, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Boardman, OH) in April 2017.

Interview

I filled out the application online at home and did a questionnaire and if I passed it would submit my application.
    I was called for an interview about a week later and set an interview up for the next day. Went in the next day and waited a few mins, but once I got back there it was a very laid back interview. We went through my work history and a few things from my application. Then she asked a few questions pertaining the job. And after all that I was hired right there. All I had to do was wait for an email to do my background check, which I got by the time I got home, and then I was called for orientation 2 days later.

Interview Questions

• what was the most recent thing you did to help either a previous customer, employee or friend out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Shakopee, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Shakopee, MN) in April 2017.

Interview

I waited for about 10 minutes and was called back. Told responsibilities and attendence policy. They asked one question and gave me packet to fill out. Talked to 2 different people and was there about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to go above and beyond in a previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eddystone, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Eddystone, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

Put in my application, was called back that same day, and got the job on site during the interview. Had to go back the next day to fill out paperwork regarding my backround check. Was told I'd be called within a few days for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Fishers, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Fishers, IN) in April 2017.

Interview

Very quick, easy to navigate online application process. The interview itself was brief. The offer came very quickly (pending the background check). From start to finish, it was online application on one day, phone call to come in for an interview the next day, interview the day after. The interview immediately triggered the background check which took less than a day to complete, resulting in an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Bellingham, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

They were very friendly and kept a good mood atmosphere. I first talked to the personnel coordinator and later to both managers I would answer to if hired. They focused a lot on costumer service.

Interview Questions

• The one costumer service you have done that you feel you went out of your way to help   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Clinton, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Easy interview. Being that I had worked at a Walmart twice before I was an easy hire based on my experience. Signed some paperwork regarding my background check. That following Wednesday they called me. I started orientation the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The actual face to face interview lasted for no more than 10 minutes and then they give you a bunch of papers. Nothing professional really. It was kind of a rush because it was about ten other people waiting to be interviewed and it seemed a big mess. But it's nothing for anyone to worry about. Walmart will hire just about anybody.

Interview Questions

• There were really no real interview questions just if had any experience in retail and for how long.   Answer Question