Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was an easy, casual interview. The questions were pretty canned, as might be expected for a job at this level. Tell us a challenge you've overcome, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. It was not stressful, but take a few minutes to think out your answers to the generic questions ahead of time so you're not caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a big challenge.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

It was simple, they asked basic questions and just expected one to be honest, they work with you if you are a student.I got hired straight away the job interview was also easy after getting hired you have to do long online assessments which literally drain you, i couldn't wait to get out on the floor.

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Montgomery, IL).

Interview

Very general questions. Depending on which member of management you get they will either ask 10 questionso or 5. They are basically the same questions just asking to specify different examples of the same situation. You would get a 1st interview with a supervisor. Then the second interview with an assistant manager (same questions as the 1st interview). If you passed both you would get sent for a drug test and back round check. If you passed both you would get called in for a 3rd interview which was just a paper signing and congratulations on getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer. What was the situation? How did you help the customer? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Derry, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Derry, NH) in August 2016.

Interview

Incredibly easy. I sent in the application electronically and got a call not 30 minutes after to set up an interview. The entire process took about a week, and the woman interviewing me was incredibly nice and laid back. She asked me one question and it was like I had the job instantly. They called me a day later asking to come in for a job offer that Friday, and I was at orientation by the following Monday.

Interview Questions

• They only gave me a single interview question and it was: Customer Service means a lot to us. We like our employees to go the extra mile when helping our customers. What was one time time when you went above and beyond to help a customer in need of assistance? (I was told that if you didn't have prior retail experience a school or other work experience was perfectly acceptable).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Tampa, FL).

Interview

My interviewer was very respectful and very to the point. My interview probably only lasted about 20 minutes. They asked very basic questions and didn't make me feel uncomfortable. They were dressed casual not even in Walmart clothes and offered me a soda during the process. Very painless and very boring. Not challenging at all

Anonymous Employee in Camden Wyoming, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Camden Wyoming, DE).

Interview

Pretty laid back offered job on the spot. I was nervous, but I literally walked in there for my interview. Answered the questions to be the best of my ability. Offered the job because they were low manned.

Interview Questions

• Name a time I had to deal with settLing a dispute between customers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Westbury, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was called in to an interview but the manager was out so after 30 minutes they told me to go home and I received a phone call a few minutes later for a phone interview with the same manager and was given a second interview.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a car and are you available to work at all times   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was 2 Interviews all together (2 interview is like basically getting hired)one with the department manager and the other was an assistant manager. They were chill and basically I told them what they wanted to hear and got hired.

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Broomfield, CO) in June 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was very easy, came in to speak with an asst. manager and went over application. Asked me one simple interview question and then gave me paperwork to fill out. Got sent out for 15 minutes until co-manager came out and then I was given job description and some more paperwork. Got a call back 6 days later to come in for orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Hamburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Hamburg, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

They pulled my name off the online application, looked at my resume a second, asked one question, and offered a job. They apparently hire everyone, and expect most to quit.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of you helping a customer at your former emplyer.   1 Answer