Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.0

619 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Suffolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Suffolk, VA).

Interview

The interview took a while because a lot of people were interviewing that day and a few managers were running late. I sat down to interview and was asked a few different scenarios and I used my experiences from school to answer them. Waited. Waited longer. They gave me papers to take a drug test. I took it and passed. Received a phone call a few hours later with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you react under pressure?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Bolivar, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bolivar, TN) in November 2016.

Interview

Nothing major just asked when I am available plus someone outside of the company asked the manager to get me hired. So walked in, met the assistant manager, he basically asked me when I can be available and offered me the only available job (which was meat department)and I accepted it.

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Two people interview you, pretty easy. It was a typical interview. Went over needs and requirements. Two managers interviewed me. Took about 45 minutes for interview to be finished. Great managers

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Lexington, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Quick process almost perfunctory meet with 3 different managers including a brief talk with the store manager. Was offered a job immediately no drug or background check required. Very pleasant first introduction.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Paramount, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Paramount, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was relatively easy and fast paced as soon as your background check results come in. Walmart has a high turnover rate because a lot of people do not like working the long hours as well as the menial Petty culture that tends to plauge the workerplace. But the interview process was very easy going and I guess The Experience may be different depending on managers.

Interview Questions

• How long do you see yourself working for Walmart   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Saw three different people, dept mngr,hr and co manager, one right after the other. Each step took about 20 minutes the interview really keyed in on past experience with providing customer service

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time when you went above and beyond to provide superior customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was an easy, casual interview. The questions were pretty canned, as might be expected for a job at this level. Tell us a challenge you've overcome, what are your strengths and weaknesses, etc. It was not stressful, but take a few minutes to think out your answers to the generic questions ahead of time so you're not caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you overcame a big challenge.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Kansas City, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

It was simple, they asked basic questions and just expected one to be honest, they work with you if you are a student.I got hired straight away the job interview was also easy after getting hired you have to do long online assessments which literally drain you, i couldn't wait to get out on the floor.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart (Schaumburg, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

amazing experience ,
    hiring manager was so good first she asked about my experience in relative field then she told me about the things walmart associate should do
    she asked few questions after and in following two days i got the job.

Interview Questions

• whats your role in people buying something?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Montgomery, IL).

Interview

Very general questions. Depending on which member of management you get they will either ask 10 questionso or 5. They are basically the same questions just asking to specify different examples of the same situation. You would get a 1st interview with a supervisor. Then the second interview with an assistant manager (same questions as the 1st interview). If you passed both you would get sent for a drug test and back round check. If you passed both you would get called in for a 3rd interview which was just a paper signing and congratulations on getting the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to go above and beyond for a customer. What was the situation? How did you help the customer? What was the outcome?   Answer Question