Walmart Senior Finance Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Senior Finance Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in January 2009.

Interview

Behavioral questions
Will see if you can handle change and adaptability.
Company is built on three basic beliefs (Service, Respect and Excellence). They will test if the candidate subscribes to this philosophy or not.

Interview Questions

• They will take you for a team lunch and see if the team can have an interesting 1 hour conversation with you. They will see if you are a team player or not. Don't show your attitude and be humble.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The economy was bad in 2008 and I did not have much room for negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in May 2008.

Interview

Project Financing question. If you are thinking of replacing an existing equipment with something new, describe some of the things you would consider. This is vague question, which forced me to thing about all the steps necessary for a replacement decision.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2009.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with the hiring Sr. Director. He requested that I do a fly back to a second interview and to meet the team. At Wal-Mart HQ in Bentonville, AR I had six 1:1 interviews with various team members including a VP. Following the interviews I met with a company recruiter who explained the benefits package and asked me a few questions about any possible reservations I may have about accepting a position at Wal-Mart. (One of there big concerns is Bentonville is a small town of about 20k people so some high caliber talent is immediately turned off by that).

The interview questions consisted mostly of questions of competency, career, and a couple behavior based questions specific to the job such as "How would you handle a financing situation with these variables... ?" Overall, each interviewer was very amicable and open to any questions I had about challenges of the position, the area, the culture, etc.

If you do end up heading down to Bentonville for an interview do not be turned off by the lack of grandeur of the "Home Office" for the largest retailer in the world. Wal-Mart's culture is serious about saving money and the no-nonsense quality of the building materials sends that message. Also, I would highly recommend the any of the BBQ sandwich joints in the area. Apparently, they take there BBQ very seriously in that part of the country and the food quality shows. Good stuff!

Interview Questions

• Our operations kick off significant cash. How would you go about funding store expansion in countries in which Wal-Mart has a small foot print? Specifically, would you make a USD denominated loan to the subsidiary or have them get in country/in currency funding?   2 Answers
    • What do you know about bloomberg terminals? What do you know about Quantum (a Sungard product)? Rate your Excel skill solely based upon your abilities with Macros.   Answer Question

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2008.

Interview

Behavior based interview. Culture is risk averse, insular. the company evades questions about benefits, work environment, business hours, training and orientation. Make sure you know what you are getting into.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a certain situation?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Walmart exerts high pressure tactics at every phase. If you get an offer, it will likely come at a very inconvenient time, and they give you 24 hours from that instant to take a drug test, and you must use thier lab . I found I had to skip work to take the drug test.

Senior Manager, Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in June 2009.

Interview

i went through a recruiter, had initial phone conversations with hiring manager, potential peer. flown to bentonville and had multiple interviews (10-12) over a day, fly home the next day.

Interview Questions

• some were very finance - math related. depends on who is interviewing you. standard stuff - tell me about a time when, how do you work with difficult people, etc. just tell a compelling story about why you want to work for Walmart.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Push back on first offer for sure