Walmart Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Senior Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 19, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

The first step was a phone screen with HR recruiter. If you passed that, then next phone/webcam interview with hiring manager + another colleague. If you pass that, you go to Bentonville for a day to meet with the head of the group and some folks from other groups. ADVICE: ask to speak to a peer in the group before you make your decision - you to verify the things you've heard.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Are you okay coming to Bentonville?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in May 2014.

Interview

Straight and to the point. Interview panel was prepared and understood what they were looking for in the person and the role. There was a brief phone interview with the recruiter, a second phone screen with another Senior Manager and then I was brought onsite to Bentonville to interview with Senior leadership.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and previous experience? How do you feel this will translate into the Walmart Culture.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in March 2014.

Interview

Very structure, they want a short answer (straight too the point) with real work examples of acomplishment our highligths of a true leadership in your professional life or sports or community

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Five questions based on core competences

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you changed you communication style to meet the needs of a customer.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart in January 2014.

Interview

Walmart uses a behavioral interview approach. By telling stories of past accomplishments, an interviewee can paint a picture for the interviewer of how they will act in future situations. Walmart is looking for core competencies that align with the company culture. These include use of good judgment, being able to influence other across organizational lines, getting things done.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed to shift priorities in the middle of a project?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2012.

Interview

1st Round interview on campus and was fairly straight forward. 2nd Round took place in Bentonville and was a series of several interviews that were either one-on-one or panel. These interviews were also fairly straight forward with a focus on behavioral/fit questions. You will have to prepare a case and/or give a presentation based on previous professional or school work.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were really difficult. Just make sure you know your basic finance and you may want to prep some cases for a refresher.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR).

Interview

Very quick and clean process. 1st - an initial phone screen to level set expectations; 2nd - Online interview with two department staff asking both technical and behavioral questions; and 3rd - onsite interview in Bentonville. Last step consisted of fours / 1 hour interviews each with two department staff.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you made a wrong decision in the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was non-nego, but signon bonus was workable.

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2012.

Interview

phone interview and panel interview. Several directors took one hour to interview together which mixed technical questions and behavior questions. The interview is not difficult.The questions are very friendly. I didn't need to do any presentation or demo to get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in September 2012.

Interview

1. Screening Interview; 2. Green Interview (video conferencing) 3. On site Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart in February 2012.

Interview

Walmart flew me to Bentonville, AR, I stayed two days after the initial phone interview. This second interview was all day long. The most important part of the process was a Panel Interview with 5 panelists, 5 questions testing competencies. Walmart values cultural fit and requires mostly that you reside in Bentonville, AR. During the day long interview I was escorted by a real estate agent to see houses and see the town. Salary and benefit negotiations were done over the phone at a later date, after the offer was submitted.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to hold someone accountable   Answer Question