Walmart Senior Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Marketing Manager

Create your profile to get personalized information

Walmart Senior Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

Connected via email to answer a few questions and scheduled a phone interview. Interview was general regarding my work history and experiences. Situational questions regarding management and hands on ability.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose the college you eventually attended. Why did you choose the major that you graduated with?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for the role after networking with some people from Walmart at a conference. After several months of phone interviews (I must have interviewed with 6 people over the phone) and multiple phone calls with the recruiters, they flew me down to Bentonville for another series of interviews. During this point, I gave them a salary band which I thought was really wide and they explained that they would make an offer towards the lower end, but not to worry because Bentonville has such a low cost of living.

My flight was not direct and took 6 hours including layovers, I had to rent a car and immediately went in for 5 more back to back interviews in a tiny room. I thought it was strange that none of the people I was interviewing with were from the department I applied to. By the end of the day I was exhausted, and that night, they had planned a dinner for me to meet more people, which were all from the different department which again I thought was odd.

After hearing nothing back from them for several weeks, I let them know I had received an offer from another company, and that prompted them to send me an offer for a completely different job (I applied for a marketing role and they offered me an operations role) with a salary that was a solid $25k lower than my lowest salary band number. I was offended to say the least that they put me through such an intensive interview process and never had the intention of interviewing me for the role I was interested in.

I called the recruiters to decline the offer over the phone but neither of them replied, so I emailed them my decision to decline and thanked them for their time. They didn't even reply to acknowledge that I had declined.

Truly the biggest waste of time I've ever been engaged with in any interview process.

Interview Questions