Walmart Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.6

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me by email. Asked me to fill out a questionnaire. All but one question were already answered in cover letter or resume (i.e., very lazy), but I replied promptly. Recruiter responded 5 days later with more questions, and I again replied promptly. Two days later he asked for my availability for interviews, and the day after that he said the position was filled by "a candidate that had already completed the hiring process." When I responded how unprofessional his behavior was, that he was engaging candidates so late in the process when they likely were going to make someone an offer, his response was that it was a standard practice for Walmart - so not even an apology. Does not inspire you to want to work there, if they treat candidates this poorly.

Interview Questions

• How much coding do you do on a daily basis?
    What's the most challenging project in the last two years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Washington, DC) in March 2016.

Interview

Process started with phone interview then moved to homework of building small program. Once those are passed, On site interview was asked. They were very quick about process. On the day of onsite interview they got back to me with positive feedback. Overall experience was great.

Interview Questions

• The question was relatively easy. How to build system that can keep track of location that truck has visited.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview took place at local restaurant, with a senior manager, the contract company supervisor, and 2 co-workers. Very informal, and easy to talk. senior manager asked a difficult logic puzzle question... I got closest at the table to the correct answer. The rest of the interview was mostly a discussion about previous projects. I had worked with one of the other developers at the table for a few years with a different company, and our history together made the whole process much easier.

Interview Questions

• Experience with self checkout software   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Germany, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Germany, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

5-7 years of design experience with creating clear, value adding design strategies and understanding how to execute these. Preferably in an agency setting – brand-side, digital agency or PR. Proven experience in clearly translating brand values into appealing design to use in social media campaigns, blogs, advertorials and other channels. Degree in Design, Art, Marketing, or a related field

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly simple interview if you prepared. The interview was for a frond-end position. I was asked about core Javascript concepts found online as "top javascript interview questions". Questions were about closures, function scoping, etc. Example : Add a counter and get the value of a counter with initializing the counter as global.

Interview Questions

• Print number 1 to 10 with a delay of 1 second. (Use a closure)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Bentonville, AR) in December 2011.

Interview

Typical for a technical job. First there was a phone screen then a panel interview and then a 1 to 1 with the hiring manage and another one with the hiring managerr's director.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Chicago, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

Day long interview at the big hotel in chicago. The question were were easy to average dev question. THere were 5 guys asked various questions, The first three are technical interview. The last one with the HR , the forth one with a director.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (San Mateo, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Hr called and scheduled an interview with the hiring manager. He called me and asked me simple questions like have u worked on spring, have u worked on hibernate, why you used spring, why you used hibernate and other similar questions and then they never got back to me. I dont knwo if they were really interested to hire.

Anonymous Employee in Mesa, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Mesa, AZ) in September 2009.

Interview

boring a 8yr old could have interviewed me better

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none this it what were hiring you for thats it

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interviewer asked to describe my ongoing projects and it's data model. Lot of focus on Java and not necessarily meaningful ones. It was like he wanted to brush through a Java primer book covering as many topics as possible. Asked a few data structure related questions but didn't give much time

Interview Questions

• Serialization, Explain Java Memory model, Java 8 Lambda expressions, Synchronization, Inhertiance and Abstract classes   Answer Question