Walmart Shift Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Shift Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Depends on the Market/Region, but usually a phone interview. It also varies on timeframe for which they want to fill the position. Some move very quickly.. others take their time in responding.

Interview Questions

• All questions were open-ended, scenario-based questions such as "Tell me about a time when.. ".   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Lake Charles, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Lake Charles, LA).

Interview

Situation based questions. Describe specific situations that you dealt with in a retail position. Be positive with your answers. Stay confident so that they see you are calm under pressure.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Dallas, TX).

Interview

This is my first interview for shift manager I'm very excited about it. I have been communicating with the store manager through email. Waiting on him to schedule the time and day.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you maintained an environment that promoted and reinforced the highest standards of integrity and ethics among associates   Answer Question
    • What steps did you take   Answer Question
    • How have you incorporated these ideals into associate initiatives   Answer Question
    • How was your team held accountable for behavior that did not conform to these standards?   Answer Question
    • How did you measure the impact of your efforts?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

2 sets of Competency based interview questions. Went through phone interview then had to go to a Walmart location to complete a panel interview with store managers and district managers. Asked competency based questions based on job description

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Columbus, GA) in January 2015.

Interview

If you get called for an interview, you can pretty much guarantee that you have the job unless you fail the drug test or are a complete idiot. The questions they ask are very easy. Nowadays expect to be employed as a Temp. A few months down the road, based upon your work ethic, you can expect to be hired on as part-time.

Interview Questions

• How what do you think you can do to make this company better.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laguna Hills, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Laguna Hills, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Tour based interview, covering various areas of the Store. Tour Fresh, Backroom, Apparel, and Financial discussion. Tour as if teaching a new direct report. Observation and critique by current Store/Shift Manger. Includes financial discussion with Market Manager. Review in front of group to present reasons for hire. Discussion takes place after to choose candidate. (Candidate is often times pre-selected)

Shift Manager Interview

Interview

Situational based questions that are open ended questions. Always looking for what you would do as a leader in the work force. Previous interviews with Wal-Mart set a similar basis for the questions asked during the interview. Always prepare situations that show a positive outcome for the decision made. Always be prepared to end with what the outcome was for the situation.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay is based on regional area

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

All interviews are scenario based - first interview with an hourly supervisor and the second with a salaried member of management.

Anonymous Employee in Warrenton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Warrenton, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Received a call one week ago to schedule an interview. Phone interview lasted roughly 30 minutes and consisted of 8 standard questions. The crucial part is to make sure that you have detailed examples for each. If you find that there are many probing questions (questions asking for more detail off of the original question) then you need to be more explicit in your answers. If your interviewer asks the main question and all of the probing questions initially - they have no idea on how to interview! Focus on the answering the first question in great detail and the probes will be answered.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself. This is the time where you get to sell yourself. Pick your strongest qualities. If you need to discuss your areas of opportunity, select something that can also be a strength. For example: I tend to analyze problems down to the smallest detail which can be time consuming.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation.

Shift Manager Interview

Interview

applied, got a call, 1 hour interview, got a call back and accepted the job.