Walmart Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Dec 21, 2016

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3 interviews. All competency based. 10-12 Questions with increasingly higher level people in organization. 1 on 1 interviews. Stayed to scripted questions all based on competencies of the position. Very friendly but very business professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Compensation based on store volume

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Detroit, MI).

Interview

there were two managers and it was a good process. They worked with my time since I was a student at the time. They asked about where I saw myself in 5 yrs etc.

had another position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 step process with a phone interview and then a store tour interview. The phone interview seemed traditional enough, they asked about specific types of ways I had effected the business and what the out come was. The store tour was most interesting it was a hour and a half period of time that you walked the store and pretended you were a store manager as well as a small window where you were given a business situation and had 15 min to come up with a plan to present.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you saw a potential opportunity for shrink and stopped it before it was an actually issue.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Initial interview is often by phone. Followup interview will be a panel. Both interviews are ten behavorial questions. Be prepared with a number of scenarios that demonstrate your leadership capabilities.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

2-3 interview process. Usually takes 2-3 weeks.
    Usually never hire an outside candidate for store manager position.
    Have training positions.

Interview Questions

• All situational questions. Looking for specific examples of customer service, employee relations and/ or compliance and ethics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

It was online at first and then after a few weeks I called them. I waited a few more days and then finally got a call back. It was then another week before I had the interview and then 2 weeks after the interview I finally received feedback from the interview and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my family life which I thought was inappropriate.   Answer Question

In the end, I didn't like the direction the company was going.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

I went through Soar consulting recruiting agency as a veteran. Walmart had a 2 round interview process for external hires. The first interview was with 3 executives face to face. I was flown to Bentonville for the second round of interviews where I was interviewed in front of 3 televisions per a televideo interview process. It was not a comfortable, personable interview which I found to be awkward, uncomfortable, and nerve racking.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

There were at least 10-20 people for the interview. We were sitting in one room going over the company etc. Then we had to fill out another form with our availability, resume, references, etc. After that Q & A and we were done for the first interview. We were told to receive a phone call.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are related to your experience and how you would handle them. Therefore, any question could be considered difficult should you not have the answer to a certain scenario. Just make sure you are ready and can answer / relate to questions and answer them to the best of your ability.   Answer Question

Because I feelt as if I did not really like the environment, and what was expected vs. pay etc.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Bakersfield, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Internal interviews are in many cases already decided before they happen. This was the case with mine and only went through the interview for continuity and received the job as discussed prior to it.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to move to a better store since all you have done is fix problems for us.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

situational questions about 10-12 of them that will be very redundant in style and answer. They will bore you to death and not really have anything to do with your success

Interview Questions

• tell about a time when someone was dishonest   1 Answer