Walmart Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2017

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Vero Beach, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and then face to face. Behavioral interview questions around competencies. Situation action and result driven responses based on customer service, merchandising people and operations questions, may ask probing questions for clarity

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time behavioral interview questions   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roanoke, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Roanoke, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

No real question about the goals they kind of look for you to lead the interview and then answer your on question they don't give you a lot to go on so you have to really do your homework

Interview Questions

• What was your worse customer service problem   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart (Jacksonville, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went well, I was living 60 miles away so we did a phone interview. Then the final step I went in to town to meet with HR manager then after that meet and greet I had to meet the store manger in person that I was going to be placed at. I had fun and Walmart paid for my mileage and relocation.. excellent company to work for,

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to make an important business decision   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Chicago, IL).

Interview

3 interviews. All competency based. 10-12 Questions with increasingly higher level people in organization. 1 on 1 interviews. Stayed to scripted questions all based on competencies of the position. Very friendly but very business professional.

Interview Questions

• What's your leadership style?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Compensation based on store volume

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in July 2016.

Interview

first round questions, second round touring a walmart store and being shadowed by the market team and business case presentation based on the store you are interviewing for, third round covering store specific business case with regional team.

Interview Questions

• All situational based questions, tell me about a time you demonstrated this competency...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Walmart (Detroit, MI).

Interview

there were two managers and it was a good process. They worked with my time since I was a student at the time. They asked about where I saw myself in 5 yrs etc.

had another position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Portland, OR) in January 2015.

Interview

It was a 2 step process with a phone interview and then a store tour interview. The phone interview seemed traditional enough, they asked about specific types of ways I had effected the business and what the out come was. The store tour was most interesting it was a hour and a half period of time that you walked the store and pretended you were a store manager as well as a small window where you were given a business situation and had 15 min to come up with a plan to present.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you saw a potential opportunity for shrink and stopped it before it was an actually issue.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Interview

Initial interview is often by phone. Followup interview will be a panel. Both interviews are ten behavorial questions. Be prepared with a number of scenarios that demonstrate your leadership capabilities.

Store Manager Interview

Interview

2-3 interview process. Usually takes 2-3 weeks.
    Usually never hire an outside candidate for store manager position.
    Have training positions.

Interview Questions

• All situational questions. Looking for specific examples of customer service, employee relations and/ or compliance and ethics.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

It was online at first and then after a few weeks I called them. I waited a few more days and then finally got a call back. It was then another week before I had the interview and then 2 weeks after the interview I finally received feedback from the interview and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my family life which I thought was inappropriate.   Answer Question

In the end, I didn't like the direction the company was going.