Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Boston, MA) in February 2011.

Interview

called in to office to interview with store manager and spoke about job position then wen inside and they called me fo jib the next day it wasn't too hard and there was alo tof cimouter triiang that lasted too long andit was bring adnt hey didn't give you any breaks

Interview Questions

• tell me abour yurslef what expericed do you have q   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Lakewood, WA) in June 2014.

Interview

They make you wait and then ask you alot of scenario questions. The process was shorter than I thought. I did my three interviews and drug test in one day

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Charlotte, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Called me and scheduled an interview. sat for about an hour before I met with someone. Asked me questions, waited for about 30 minutes before I interviewed with a second person. Got offered the job after the second person and was sent to go do a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate anything.

Anonymous Employee in West Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (West Sacramento, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

The Walmart interview process was reasonable. First, you will have to put in an application through a computer located at the front and the back of the store. Then you will receive a call in the next couple of weeks if you are a qualified candidate. They will ask you to come in for an interview. Once you do, you will have two separate interviews, one with the human resources manager and one with the front end manager. If they both like you and you pass a drug test, you will probably get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond for customer service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oakdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Oakdale, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Meet with HR/ supervisor for interview. If they like you, they call the store manager in to interview you. If they like you, you are offered the job right on the spot upon completion of drug test

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart in October 2015.

Interview

I got two interviews by one of the experienced works and the assistant manager , easy process. Only got asked two interview questions. Had to wait a while because they had a lot of applicants. Well worth it.

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you went above and beyond will working at a job.   Answer Question

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart in September 2014.

Interview

They have a thing called story time and you have to do it with a zone manager and an assistant manager. You can't just answer the question you have to be like this one time in band camp we did a trust and leadership exercise.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have an emotional day but didn't let it affect your work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Front Royal, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Front Royal, VA) in April 2011.

Interview

Easy. There are usually interviews with two either dept managers or assistants and then the store manager. Just basic questions about customer service, work experience. Most of the people that get hired there know somebody. Skills and previous experience don't seem to matter much to them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer.How did you handle it and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Selmer, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Selmer, TN) in February 2011.

Interview

I was called for an interview 1 week after putting in an application online. I dressed in business casual. Got to the store, waited in the back where lay away is located with another women who was dressed in jogging pants and a t-shirt & I did not know she was also waiting for an interview until they called us both back. I went into a room with 2 department employees (they were not managers) who asked me questions from a list. Some of the questions seemed a little ridiculous for someone applying for a cashier job. Some of the questions I just drew a blank. At one point one of the ladies stopped me and said "The manager is going to ask you these same questions so you need to try to answer them better." I apologized & explained I was nervous and the questions were a little confusing. When they were done with their questions, which took about 20-30 minutes, They left & I waited for the Assistant manager to come in. She was a nice lady, very outgoing & friendly, she had papers with interview questions on them & started asking me. Her personality & attitude made me more comfortable so I was able to answer the questions better this round. She even stated that some of the questions were ridiculous. She asked about my past jobs & even made a few comments about my last job as far as not liking that type of work, etc. I told her I wanted a job where I could advance. She stated this was the best place to advance. (I would find out later that wasn't the case).

After our talk, which was maybe 15 minutes, she told me to follow her into the HR office & asked if I could go right then & take a drug test. I said I could. She said as long as I passed I had the job & they would be calling me for orientation. I was shocked to see the lady in the jogging pants was ALSO hired & was actually leaving the interview early because of a dentist appointment. I felt this was very unprofessional but they hired her as well & she started the same day I did. All in all, the hiring & interview process wasn't that bad. Some of the interview questions are confusing but anyone with the slightest bit of common sense can get a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you feel you went above & beyond on the job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. They said the position paid $x.xx amount.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKeesport, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (McKeesport, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

Didn't interview yet but very nervous because it's my first job and I really want it because I wanna be more independent and social and learn new skills for the future