Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Wal Mart Cashier Interview Questions

2.1

358 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Plano, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

first i was called for telephonic interview, and then for the orientation, and explained my about my job duties, regulations of the company. And then started with my cbl's. was at training for a week, then as i finished my training i was put on floor for cashier.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work in walmart?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Fayetteville, AR).

Interview

Pretty basic interview. Got a call from HR/personnel for an interview. Got interviewed by a CSM and then had an interview with a Assistant manager, they just asked some basic customer service questions and then was offered the job.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Valdosta, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed twice and each one asked me five basic interview question (name a time...). They were very polite. I wore business casual clothing. My attire consisted of a black knee-length skirt, a black bolero type blazer, a conservative blouse, and a pearl necklace with matching earrings. One of the interviewers told me they really appreciated it. I also brought a couple of copies of my resume and they liked that as well.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Decide to apply. When I did it , it took forever and still waiting for a call back . Call or bug themail to show that you are interested in it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Quick. Applied at the store, was called a week later. Very nice hiring manager. Process really simple. In was pretty much offered the job on the spot. I started the following week, with a new incoming group. I also received a phone call confirming my hire and my start date. Best hiring process I have ever been through.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service means to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Niles, IL).

Interview

I applied online at the Walmart store. I was called in for am interview. I interviewed with a human resources associate , then with a manager. I was hired after about three weeks from first applying.

Interview Questions

• When would I be available to work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got a call back the same day and told her I could come in for an interview which I did. Very nice and easy interview. The lady who interviewed me was very personable and made me feel very comfortable. We talked for about an hour and then I was offered the job and sent to do the mandatory drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Starting at 9.00 an hour.

Anonymous Employee in Howell, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Howell, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

It started with a telephone screening and an interview date was set up within 3 days of the phone call. The interview was very easy and quite informal. I felt the Interviewer was extremely pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that happened and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hours.

Wal Mart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted my application online on Wednesday of last week, and got a call Thursday morning to come in that afternoon for an interview. I brought in a cover letter and resume (not many people do this so it helps you to stand out!) and I had a 2 part interview. The first part I did TERRIBLE. I was nervous, I wasn't specific when they wanted specific examples to their situation questions - it was bad. However, she was very nice and told me that a manager from Front End would be in to interview me as well. She told me to stay calm and try to think of specific times that could be from a previous job, a situation at home with family, or even in school. The second interview went SWIMMINGLY. My second interviewer smiled the whole time and I was much more comfortable with her.She let me know that she was going to go ahead and put me through for a cashier job. She made a few calls and then did a job offer. I was told the job was mine as long as I passed my drug test that was scheduled the next morning (Friday) and that it takes a few days for them to get the results and that I would hear from them sometime mid next week (this week). HOWEVER, just a couple of hours after I took the drug test personnel from Walmart called me to have me come in for orientation (that I went to yesterday). Later this week I will be doing my 16 hours of CBLs and then next week I start training. It was pretty painless, and it everything happened so quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What steps did you take to calm them down and help them?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Augusta, ME) in August 2015.

Interview

Never send me an e-mail as to what I qualified for and was told it would be posted to my e-mail within 2 hours per telephone conversation with representative; and the jobs are still open in the Augusta, Maine store.

Interview Questions

• What position was I looking for.   2 Answers