Walmart Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart Walmart Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Warrensburg, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Warrensburg, MO).

Interview

3 separate interview process. 2 upfront and 1 after background check. Takes about a month to actually start cause of the process of contacting references. Be patient if you make it past the 2nd interview then they are interested.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. They let you know what they offer and if you are interested you let them know.

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Somerset, KY).

Interview

Walmart pooled about eight of us for hiring into the back room, and only asked a few simple questions before saying weather we were hired or not. . .. . . .

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was very easy. Everyone was kind and made me feel welcome. I didn't feel any pressure and the atmosphere was very open. I met with 3 different people for about fifteen minutes each. I came back for a second round, and had the same very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Walmart Cashier Interview

Interview

very difficult process including a onsite interview this was one of the hardest interviews of my life & I could not handle the pressure. I ended up crying during the interview, but got the job because they felt bad for me.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you overcame a customer objection   2 Answers

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Three interviews each consisting of a 15-30minutes. It may take up a few days for a response. Two of the interviewees were friendly and one was a strong persona. Overall it should be simple interview.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I have an interview tomorrow I am really nervous I came on glass door to hopefully find some good advice and to try to find out some of the questions they ask during the interview also to find out if they put you through a long hiring process wish me luck fingers crossed

Interview Questions

• Not sure what they are going to ask .I will post what happens .   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later to set up an interview. I was introduced to the store manager and interviewed with two other managers. Mainly signed paperwork and they talked to me about my job description. I got hired on the spot. They only asked one question, which was difficult for me because I have no prior job experience. They did a background check and I got called the next day to set up orientation for next week! I'm very excited. Overall, it was very professional and I was impressed.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Two interviews are conducted to consider a potential employee. Pretty relaxed interview with minimal performance pressure. I was discouraged by the interviewers lack of interest in my educational goals; they perfer an open schedule, even if it means postponing education. After the initial interview, I was advised to follow up with a phone call to schedule the secondary interview. Overall, it was fairly easy and exactly what would be expected.

Interview Questions

• How have you responded to a difficult customer service experience?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Victorville, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online through "Walmart Careers" sometime in mid October and got a call back about a week-and-a-half later to come in the very next day for an interview. I arrived 30 minutes early but waited about an hour before I was actually seen.

Truth be told, in order to increase my chances of getting hired, I applied for 4 different Walmarts that were in my area (we have a ton of Walmarts near our neighborhood) and I also applied for multiple positions, even custodial, so I was surprised when I ended up getting an interview for a cashier position.

I ended up interviewing with one of the co-managers who asked me 4-5 questions. From there, I was sent back out by the bathrooms to wait for another 30 minutes to an hour, but the interviewer did advise me that I would be waiting a while and that I was free to roam the store or to go grab food for lunch, which I did. By the time she came back to see me, she had me sign papers for a background check, and then immediately took me to the back to show me my job offer,which I accepted & signed for. I was told that once my background check came through I'd get a call for orientation.

It took one week exactly for me to get a call back for orientation (I interviewed on a Friday and was called the next Thursday to come in for orientation the following Friday morning).

Now I'm just waiting for morning to arrive so I can go on to orientation!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself.   1 Answer
    • Time you went above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer
    • Why did you apply?   1 Answer
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

They have you wait outside until they bring you into a room with other people. The interview it self was hard to hear because of other people in the room. They talked about Walmart culture and their bonus program, they usually only hire on experience if you have alot of it. Didn't ask a lot of questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none