Walmart Walmart Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

1.9

334 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Saint Paul, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was by a manager who was new to Walmart. She knew her way around Walmart. The interview was conducted in a private office. The manager was very friendly and willing to go outside of the box with conversation. He seemed to agree with every answer I provided. What does that mean?

Interview Questions

• What have you done to go above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Anonymous Employee in Warrensburg, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Warrensburg, MO).

Interview

3 separate interview process. 2 upfront and 1 after background check. Takes about a month to actually start cause of the process of contacting references. Be patient if you make it past the 2nd interview then they are interested.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't a negotiation phase. They let you know what they offer and if you are interested you let them know.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart in January 2017.

Interview

Days after I applied online they gave me a call to schedule an interview. The interview took around 30 minutes and was very easy and they asjed basic questions that you would expect. Very nice hiring managers.

Anonymous Employee in Somerset, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Somerset, KY).

Interview

Walmart pooled about eight of us for hiring into the back room, and only asked a few simple questions before saying weather we were hired or not. . .. . . .

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was very easy. Everyone was kind and made me feel welcome. I didn't feel any pressure and the atmosphere was very open. I met with 3 different people for about fifteen minutes each. I came back for a second round, and had the same very pleasant experience.

Interview Questions

• What did you leave your previous job?   1 Answer

Walmart Cashier Interview

Interview

very difficult process including a onsite interview this was one of the hardest interviews of my life & I could not handle the pressure. I ended up crying during the interview, but got the job because they felt bad for me.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you overcame a customer objection   2 Answers

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Three interviews each consisting of a 15-30minutes. It may take up a few days for a response. Two of the interviewees were friendly and one was a strong persona. Overall it should be simple interview.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I have an interview tomorrow I am really nervous I came on glass door to hopefully find some good advice and to try to find out some of the questions they ask during the interview also to find out if they put you through a long hiring process wish me luck fingers crossed

Interview Questions

• Not sure what they are going to ask .I will post what happens .   Answer Question

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a call about a week later to set up an interview. I was introduced to the store manager and interviewed with two other managers. Mainly signed paperwork and they talked to me about my job description. I got hired on the spot. They only asked one question, which was difficult for me because I have no prior job experience. They did a background check and I got called the next day to set up orientation for next week! I'm very excited. Overall, it was very professional and I was impressed.

Walmart Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Two interviews are conducted to consider a potential employee. Pretty relaxed interview with minimal performance pressure. I was discouraged by the interviewers lack of interest in my educational goals; they perfer an open schedule, even if it means postponing education. After the initial interview, I was advised to follow up with a phone call to schedule the secondary interview. Overall, it was fairly easy and exactly what would be expected.

Interview Questions

• How have you responded to a difficult customer service experience?   1 Answer