Walmart Walmart Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.1

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chillicothe, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Chillicothe, OH) in June 2017.

Interview

Met the co manager, he liked me, moved to store manager. Small basic questions, customer situations, asked stuff off my application and asked when I could come back. Easy interview process, minimal questions, lasted about an hour

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question
  • How would you help a customer who wanted to know where the routers were if you met them in the front of the store?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walmart

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

Interview was quick, lasted about 5 minutes, asked a few questions regarding previous experience, what the job requires, hours, it overall was pretty quick, at the end of interview, said if I was considered they would call me back

Interview Questions

• Name a time in your life when you went above and beyond to solve a problem   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fresno, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Fresno, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I was asked past experience, what were my future goals and why I want too work here. Asked why should they hire me. Wondered why I wanted to work here.

Interview Questions

• What my goals were in this company and my future.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They explained what was rewired from me and what the salary was being offered and I liked what I heard.

Anonymous Employee in Southgate, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Southgate, MI).

Interview

My interview was only for about 10 mins. Soon as I went back she had me filling out paperwork to consent for background check. Then we went over my work experience. I was only asked one question. The whole hiring process took one week then I was called for orientation. I didn't have to take a drug test either.

Interview Questions

• I was asked: name one time you went above and beyond for a customer. If you never worked you could use a friend, family member or etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

The interview was really quick. Maybe 10 minutes. I went to customer service and told them that I had an interview and one of the employees took me to the right place. They asked me two questions then had me sign some papers saying that I didn't commit any felonies.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you went above and beyond to help a customer.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at walmart   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mooresville, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Mooresville, NC) in June 2016.

Interview

I was on time for my interview. After about 20 minutes I was called in. We went over my application and then there was just one interview question. I was given an offer and asked to return to the waiting room. After about 10 minutes I was called back in. I reviewed the offer and accepted. All I had to do was wait for my background check which took less then a week.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you helped a customer? What was the situation and what did you do?   Answer Question

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

It was very easy, took you to the back and they asked you a few questions about your past work experience. the questions were easy and was job related. After that they had you wait until they interviewed other people. After that they took us to the back for a drug test and was hired on the spot

Walmart Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart.

Interview

I went in and they said they had one question they were supposed to ask but they didn't even bother to ask it. The job was described to me and they asked if I could do it, which I said I could. They asked if I would have any problems with I drug test, and I said I would not. For full disclosure I must say I made it to the interview in inclement weather when most of the other employees had called out for the day, which made for a really good first impression. One of my buddies recently got a job offer as well. For his interview process they did a similar thing by walking him through the area he would be working and describing the job requirements and asking if he could do it. He was offered the job on the spot. They did do a background check and a drug test before I started.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Giddings, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Giddings, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Was fairly simple, interviewer was nice and was open to receiving questions. I enjoyed speaking with her, but didn't like how busy and rushed she seemed. Overall it was a good experience, but I declined the offer.

Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Gainesville, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel interviews can be a bit nerve racking, but these three ladies put my mind at ease by explaining why the company chooses to do panel interviews and by going slightly off script nbefore the actual interview began.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty to help a customer.   Answer Question