Walmart Interview Questions in West Virginia | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.4

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bluefield, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Bluefield, WV) in July 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by one person. They asked what kind of retail experience that I had, and we mainly went over what I would be doing at the job. She mainly went over how I could move up in the company, and what they were looking for in employees when determining promotions within.

Interview Questions

• Describe one time that you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weirton, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Weirton, WV) in June 2016.

Interview

met with two assistant managers and just had a nice chat, no high stress thing. they had me review my information from the application, then they had just one question they wanted answered. at a previous job what was something I did to go out of my way to help someone that wasn't apart of my job description. I was then hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• what makes me different from the others who are applying for the deli associate opening   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charles Town, WV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Charles Town, WV) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy questions, quick, very easy process! I came into it a bit nervous only realize it was a very relaxed and open environment! They also made a point to describe the position applied for very well!

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Huntington, WV) in June 2014.

Interview

Very easy interview, apply online wait a couple weeks for a call back. when i applied if they were going to hire you they'd send you to take a drug test but they don't do that for overnight anymore.

Interview Questions

• name a time you and a friend had a problem between each other? what did you do to fix it.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mason, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Mason, WV) in August 2013.

Interview

This was my first interview at Walmart other than when I hired in. I was nervous, but after we got started I was okay. I answered a series of questions that wanted to know how I handle situations and steps that I would take to complete a difficult task. I just spoke from personal experiences.

Interview Questions

• If you were in the middle of doing something important and an associate came to you with a problem, what would you do?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntington, WV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Huntington, WV) in May 2013.

Interview

It took 3 days each day was the same questions Describe to me a time when...........

Interview Questions

• None really just some were oddly specific   1 Answer

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Princeton, WV) in January 2013.

Interview

The interview process was fairly smooth. The interviewer was the assistant manager, and the HR manager was also present. They were both friendly and inviting, but i know this may not be the case at every Walmart. They were hiring a lot of people for the store remodel, so there wasn't much pressure to give an outstanding interview.

Interview Questions

• Provide an example of when you dealt with a stressful situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morgantown, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Morgantown, WV) in May 2012.

Interview

After appling and passing the question and answer session I was called by the HR manager at one of the local stores for an interview. I was interviewed by the HR manager, a store manager, and my specific manager and asked questions about previous experiences and how I handled it and what I would do in a given situation.

Interview Questions

• What would I do if a customer came in and wanted to return an item they say they purchased just a week ago but it clear that it was highly used and they had just cleaned it up some.   1 Answer

Auto Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vienna, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Vienna, WV) in March 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted between 2 to 3 weeks later. Was interviewed by 3 members of management. Standard interview questions, nothing overwhelming, alot of situational questions such as, "remember a time when this happened, and how did you solve this problem" kinda questions. Went over my employment history and answered questions about that. Second interview, interviewed by support manager In my department, then sent to talk to another member of management who contacted my references. Once through that set up orientation date and was sent to nearby location to take drug test.

Interview Questions

• "Think of a time when you made a mistake in a job setting, how did you fix this mistake."   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Electronics Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Weston, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart (Weston, WV) in May 2011.

Interview

Nothing fancy or elaborate. Just basic behavioral questions to see how you function when faced with conflict and how you work in a team. Drug screening afterwards.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me about your biggest struggle and achievement."   Answer Question