Walmart Interview Questions in Wichita, KS | Glassdoor

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS) in November 2016.

Interview

Very professional and quick to respond after having submitted the application. I was offered a job the next day as a night stocker. They made sure I knew where exactly the store was and what time to be there.

Interview Questions

• I was asked when I could start.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winfield, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Winfield, KS) in September 2016.

Interview

very laid back but thorough I wished I had been better prepared dress wise and wish that I had a good resume showing lots of job experience in the field of sales, which i did not

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work for Walmart?   1 Answer

Trainee- Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS) in July 2015.

Interview

After I submitted my application,I was called approx 2 weeks later to set up an interview. I was out of town at the time but the store manager agreed to wait until the following week to interview me. During the interview I was asked a series of questions that focused on customer service as well as leadership. The interview was a formal, 1:1 interview with the store manager.

Interview Questions

• .Customer Service: When did you go above and beyond in a customer service situation, maybe even taking the time to train a peer on your method to gain customer support.
      Planning and Execution: Describe a time when you took the initiative to plan an event or designed a method to improve something (sales, training, processes, etc) and how you gained the support of your team mates, how you got their buy in, what was the outcome (hopefully good), what was your part (hopefully leader), etc.
      People Leadership: Tell me about a time when your peers looked to you for advice/direction because of your skill set   1 Answer

Seasonal Cashier Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS) in October 2014.

Interview

Yesterday (10/29/14), I got a call from 21st & Maize location and it was a 1 question phone interview (never got asked to come in for a in-person interview) for a Seasonal Cashier, I told her I had no cashier experience (Walmart claims they train), she paused/hesitated (could hear a sigh) and she said we'll train you

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Zone Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS) in September 2014.

Interview

Internals will get one interview against two other people. Externals will get two against an undetermined amount of people. For supervisors it's mostly just questions about situations you've overcome or ways you've instilled high customer service. About 6 questions with one assistant manager. This job is usually only given to Internals as it requires an intimate knowledge of Wal-Mart's processes. There are six at my store and only one was hired outside the company.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to handle a difficult customer concern, how did you address the problem, what resources did you use, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Any Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS) in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call within a few day. Went in for the interview where I was asked multiple questions about different scenarios. Also, how I thought I would fit into the store, and why I chose this job, specifically. After that they handed me some paper work and gave me instructions on how to finish the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you were in a problematic situation, and how did you find the solution?   Answer Question

Unloader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS).

Interview

You go through 3 interviews and they ask questions that pertain to that area. It last about 2hrs. They let you know then if your hired or not.

Interview Questions

• They asked you a question and you had to remember what they two part question was and answer it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations for anything. You take the job or you don't.

Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS).

Interview

Sent in my resume, cover letter, reference page and a letter of recommendation from a previous employer to the Market Human Resource Manager. Got called back about a week later and was interview on the phone as a first step screening process. They delayed me a bit and I was holding out on another job offer (finally got dropped by the other company, they couldn't wait any longer). Entire thing took about a month but I was offered the spot eventually.

Interview Questions

• Time when I was in charge of a group or organization   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. bASE PAY AND WORK NIGHTS AND WEEKENDS TOO

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goddard, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart (Goddard, KS) in November 2012.

Interview

Walmart policy is to be interviewed by two completely incompatible managers to base a hiring decision on agreeable choice. I was interviewed by 2 assistant managers, both off my first impression was clearly they wasn't a perfect pick for management. At that moment I knew I'd regret even applying. I knew off my employment background an strong work ethics, that Walmart as a company is mismanaged. Was hired based only for photo lab technician. That was not the case, as to fellow employees my leadership skills an people skills proved, I was to be promoted promptly. Which I was within a month of employment. I spoke of some who shouldn't be in management position an was then listed as the "Impact Leader". When corporate came thru for visits, I'd thought the open door policy was ethical . Needless to say it's NOT. An if you as the assiocate or department manager speaks up, plan on getting Coached for freedom of speech an belittled.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle strict company guidelines and unchangeable policy that's written in stone?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for $8.50 per hr to $10 per hr. Management came back an set in stone only to give $7.25

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart (Wichita, KS) in March 2012.

Interview

They called me in for a super day and I interviewed with 8-10 members of the team.They sat me down and asked me several questions about my background, they gad great food it was a very friendly, open and honest environment. It helped that the recruiter was very straightforward about the position and they got back to me soon after.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my biggest weaknesses, ran through the fizz buzz test and asked how I worked in a team environment, about my resume etc.   Answer Question