Walmart eCommerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart eCommerce Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

1-2 Telephonic followed by in house where you meet 4-5 folks during full day onsite. I wish they would have had more complex problem solving + coding questions. Some coding, some design, some questions around you been doing, java & related tech expertise. The bar has gotten stiffer of late as they try to hire the best. They really need to weed out bad people from getting into company.

Interview Questions

• Design online, multi-tenant payment system
      BTree, recursive problem
      Java fundamentals
      Answer Question

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

I went through rounds of interviews and also submitted a pre-interview questionnaire. First two rounds were webx. If you make it to third round they fly you out to the office.

Digital Category Owner Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce in February 2017.

Interview

This was a preliminary phone Call:
    Very casual with strictly behavioral questions. Took about 20 minutes. I got a first round interview that takes place over WebEx (Facetime). The Recruiter was very nice and even prepped me once I got offered a first round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you undertook a leadership role?   1 Answer
    • What is a time you overcame a challenge in a group setting?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in eCommerce?   Answer Question

Category Specialist - Retail ECommerce Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, who asks 5 or 6 standard behavioral questions. Then the first official round, which is 2 back to back WebEx interviews (30 minutes each). The first WebEx is mostly behavioral and situational questions, going more in depth than the phone screen. The second WebEx is more focused on case studies. The final round is an on-site interview at their San Bruno campus. The bring in about 15 candidates. They give you a presentation, tour, 2 interviews, and lunch to end the day. The two interviews are one-on-one, 45 minutes each, and back to back. Overall, a great process. Very friendly interviewers and tour guides. Practice a lot of behavioral and situational questions, and really learn about the company and current news about it. Learn about the position too.

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

process took a long time, but it's understandable for a company this size. If it's a new position, they have to post it two weeks internally before publishing to the public to allow priority for existing employees.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

I applied online and received a code challenge.
    The challenge was not so hard, but you have only 60 minutes to solve the questions.
    After that, I was called for the onsite.
    Questions involved mostly linked lists, hashtable, stack, and system design.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Great interview process! Very friendly people. For our group, they took a "good cop, bad cop" routine, consisting of character questions and finding out your motivation, followed by an intense drilling of mini case studies and specific resume questions. Come ready to think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• What makes you an entrepreneur?   Answer Question
    • Defend your reasons for taking that specific approach at your internship.   Answer Question
    • You are the CEO at Walmart E-commerce. What should Walmart do to increase sales?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews back to back.
    First one technical - general data structure and algorithm coding questions.
    Second - Interview with hiring manager regarding resume and general behavioral questions.
    There is no assurance of getting the offer even if you answer all the question correctly.
    Each team takes separate interviews so you can get 2 interview requests from the same company.

Interview Questions

• Respecting the NDA. But easy to answer if you have practiced enough.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 phone screens and an all day on-site interviews with 4-5 people (engineering/product team). The questions were not too difficult, especially if you have some familiarity or experiences working in retail/e-commerce space. Everyone I met seemed honest and genuinely nice.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions on questions probing my thoughts on how I would solve various problem related to retail e-commerce/omni-channel space.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Interview

First interview was a 20-30 minute phone call with the recruiter. If that goes well, second interview is typically a HackerRank test that you take online with a 90 min. time limit. If you "pass" the online test, next step is typically an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• A few questions from the call: What is your situation? Why looking for job right now? How close are you to making the job change and do you have other interested companies?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

Typical interview questions. All engineers, manager and director who interviewed me are Indians. It seems it is H-1B based company. It does not look it is diverse office. I would not recommend this company unless you don't have other options or you need to work in e-commerce space.

Interview Questions

• Implements Queue using stack
      Count Inversions in an array