Walmart eCommerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart eCommerce Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.8

Digital Category Owner Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce in February 2017.

Interview

This was a preliminary phone Call:
    Very casual with strictly behavioral questions. Took about 20 minutes. I got a first round interview that takes place over WebEx (Facetime). The Recruiter was very nice and even prepped me once I got offered a first round interview.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you undertook a leadership role?   1 Answer
    • What is a time you overcame a challenge in a group setting?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in eCommerce?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

process took a long time, but it's understandable for a company this size. If it's a new position, they have to post it two weeks internally before publishing to the public to allow priority for existing employees.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

I applied online and received a code challenge.
    The challenge was not so hard, but you have only 60 minutes to solve the questions.
    After that, I was called for the onsite.
    Questions involved mostly linked lists, hashtable, stack, and system design.

Software Engineering Interview

Interview

2 phone interviews back to back.
    First one technical - general data structure and algorithm coding questions.
    Second - Interview with hiring manager regarding resume and general behavioral questions.
    There is no assurance of getting the offer even if you answer all the question correctly.
    Each team takes separate interviews so you can get 2 interview requests from the same company.

Interview Questions

• Respecting the NDA. But easy to answer if you have practiced enough.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

2 phone screens and an all day on-site interviews with 4-5 people (engineering/product team). The questions were not too difficult, especially if you have some familiarity or experiences working in retail/e-commerce space. Everyone I met seemed honest and genuinely nice.

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions on questions probing my thoughts on how I would solve various problem related to retail e-commerce/omni-channel space.   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Interview

First interview was a 20-30 minute phone call with the recruiter. If that goes well, second interview is typically a HackerRank test that you take online with a 90 min. time limit. If you "pass" the online test, next step is typically an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• A few questions from the call: What is your situation? Why looking for job right now? How close are you to making the job change and do you have other interested companies?   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

Typical interview questions. All engineers, manager and director who interviewed me are Indians. It seems it is H-1B based company. It does not look it is diverse office. I would not recommend this company unless you don't have other options or you need to work in e-commerce space.

Interview Questions

• Implements Queue using stack
      Count Inversions in an array
      1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

1-2 Telephonic followed by in house where you meet 4-5 folks during full day onsite. I wish they would have had more complex problem solving + coding questions. Some coding, some design, some questions around you been doing, java & related tech expertise. The bar has gotten stiffer of late as they try to hire the best. They really need to weed out bad people from getting into company.

Interview Questions

• Design online, multi-tenant payment system
      BTree, recursive problem
      Java fundamentals
      Answer Question

Senior Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very professional recruiting process. Recruiter and hiring manager called when they said they would and they were prepared for the phone screen. A couple weeks later I went in for the on-site interview. I interviewed with 6 people in 3 hours, which was kind of intense. There was only one person who hadn't read my resume but the rest were prepared and asked good questions. Overall the interviewers were really engaged and passionate about their work and the culture which was more persuasive than anything specific they said.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you come in one morning and sales have tanked for a specific category. What action would you take and what metrics would you use to break down the problem? (They must really like this question because 3 out of 6 interviewers asked it.)   Answer Question

Associate Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

HR team is on top of it and good about scheduling. Process took about a month, with 1-week between each stage. 1-week to schedule phone interview, 1-week for 2nd phone, 1-week for interview on-site, and a little less than a week to receive result. Interview took about 2.5-hours and interviewed with 5 people which seemed a bit much.

Didn't get the job and it ended up going internally. Top notch experience as everyone was cordial. The Senior Managers are impressive and I get the sense that Walmart is a great place to learn more and a place that you can develop your skillset and learn from cross functional team members and specailists alike.