Walmart eCommerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. The whole interview process took only a few days. I was impressed with how fast they could move and their determination to recruit the best engineers. The whole process with very professional. Communications were all timely and effective.
    The interview itself was very reasonable, there were design questions, questions about past project, coding exercises, and a bit behavior questions. Communications during the interviews were all very open and engaging. The interviewers all made an effort to answer my questions. People seemed very happy and satisfied with their work.

They made me a very attractive offer, and made effort to answer more of my project related questions when I couldn't decide between offers. I had to decline the offer due to personal interest in the another project. But I would highly recommend to give them a try. They have smart people and competitive compensation.

Interview Questions

• What’s been your most challenging project or technology in the last two years?   1 Answer

Web Analyst Interview

Interview

6 rounds of SQL, AB testing case study. Focused on SQL skills and ability to design KPI's for AB testing. Not much stats skills were tested.SQL on Windows functions majorily, Basic business case studies,AB testing case studies.In AB test questions, you are asked to design KPI for a product rollout, like their success metrics and operational metrics.

Interview Questions

• SQL on Windows functions majorily, Basic business case studies,AB testing case studies.In AB test questions, you are asked to design KPI for a product rollout, like their success metrics and operational metrics.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

Recruiter round
    Hiring manager
    5 1:1

All rounds were conversational. They are looking at your thought process. Interesting conversations especially with their senior leaders

Questions centered around understanding of retail, retail trends and ecommerce.

Very short meetings

Interview Questions

• How would retail industry be 5 years from now ?   Answer Question
    • How do you deliver bad news to your team ?   Answer Question
    • If one of the steps you take is in line with customer needs but not in line with your goals how would you handle it ?   Answer Question
    • Think of metrics that would be important for your customers   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

This interview was through the career fair. I went on time for the interview and after waiting for an hour, finally it was my turn. There was only one question that was asked. It was regarding TDD. I answered all the questions that was shot at me. And the interviewer seemed really convinced. He told me I'd be hearing from them for next rounds or so soon. After a week I got a rejection email from them.

Interview Questions

• There was test case that was failing for wrong reason make it fail for the right reason and then make it pass. (RGG)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

Onsite, one behavioral and one technical. The technical portion was mostly presenting a solution of a system you had to implement before. They then asked basic data structure questions, such as linked lists and array. Also asked about testing (unit tests)

Interview Questions

• Explain solution to the programming assignment they gave a few days ago   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

I had 2 telephonic technical interview for 45 mins. I then had a interview with the HR.

I was informed that they would like to go ahead and mentioned about the salary.

The hiring process was fairly simple and the questions asked were really easy too.

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

Pretty disappointed how disorganized the recruitment team at Walmart eCommerce is.

The interview process is confusing and inconsistent across different candidates. There is a lack of transparency of what's going on, and there was no clarity of next steps.

The interview itself was average on difficulty, and it consisted of a behavioral and 2 case interviews. The interviewers are very considerate and easygoing.

I had made it clear in-person to the hiring manager and in email three separate times to the recruiter that I had a deadline coming up from another firm. I did not receive a single response.

Note to the recruiters: Value your candidates, so respond to them, whether positively or negatively. In the case of an impending deadline of conflicting offers, at least have the courtesy to understand to reply to them to let them know of a decision so they are not left confused and waiting on you. Even if there was no decision made, at least state that out.

Incredibly disappointed in Walmart's recruitment team, as many other candidates are.

Interview Questions

• Here is a screenshot of a walmart product, tell me what you would improve about it.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Started of on a positive note with the phone interview. The overall interviewing experience was fair enough even though one of the interviewer was least interested. When it was time to make an actual offer, The Hiring manager was low balling to accept an offer well below the median bay area salary by trying to sell walmart as a brand bigger than amazon. I get the feeling they think they are bigger than amazon now and candidates will accept whatever peanuts they offer to work for this great company which surely is not the case. What a waste of time.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

One telephonic and one in person round of interview. Then HR called to discuss offer. Visa transfer was done by Walmart.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Was a position for a javascript role a few years back. Had a great 30 minute conversation with a recruiter. Had crushing, painful experiences with managers and getting ripped off at prior jobs. Was looking for new work after a period of a year and half. She treated my gap in unemployment as if it was a thing. I was on GitHub making my skills better. But that cold, corporate fact meant more to her than my character, skills, and passion I have in Walmart. I thought I was having a conversation and getting through to this person. I thought these guys were innovators with a startup ethos. They're cutthroat bureaucrats to the bitter end. So disappointed.

Interview Questions

• After a great 30 minute interview with a thick, hearty resume of accomplishments but a gap in my resume: Explain the gap in your resume.   1 Answer

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview process went very smooth. 20min call with recruiter. Was then asked to play a "brain game" on my phone named SkyRise City. It took about 30 min to complete. Afterwards, I was notified to go in for an in-person interview in San Bruno, CA. I interviewed with 3 different managers and each one was 45-min. The first interview was a UX case (analyzing a product webpage and how you would improve the design). The 2nd was a case on profitability and cost reduction. The 3rd was all behavioral questions. I thought the interview process went well overall. The interviewers were nice and welcoming. I enjoyed the environment overall.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went "above and beyond" on a task   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had to work with a difficult person on a team and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • What's the most interesting thing about yourself?   Answer Question