Walmart eCommerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend. The whole interview process took only a few days. I was impressed with how fast they could move and their determination to recruit the best engineers. The whole process with very professional. Communications were all timely and effective.
    The interview itself was very reasonable, there were design questions, questions about past project, coding exercises, and a bit behavior questions. Communications during the interviews were all very open and engaging. The interviewers all made an effort to answer my questions. People seemed very happy and satisfied with their work.

They made me a very attractive offer, and made effort to answer more of my project related questions when I couldn't decide between offers. I had to decline the offer due to personal interest in the another project. But I would highly recommend to give them a try. They have smart people and competitive compensation.

Interview Questions

• What’s been your most challenging project or technology in the last two years?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

1. Had a short call with manager
    2. Send resume to manager
    3. HR comes after
    4. Receive a 1-hr Hackerrank challenge
    5. Talk about compensation before on-site
    6. A pretty good on-site for around 2.5 hours

Interview Questions

• (whiteboard)About building a form and submit via http request   1 Answer
    • (whiteboard) Explain promise, event loop, seTimeout()...etc   1 Answer
    • (before whiteboard) talk about yourself, what you are most proud of   1 Answer
    • (whiteboard) About big O, binary search, and a function which add two string together   1 Answer

Product Manager, Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce in November 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out to schedule a chat, and called on time. Had a great conversation with her overall about compensation expectations, and recruiting timelines. I was looking for an opening in May 2018, but it was too early. Recruiter was really professional and gave advice on timelines, hiring manager, and other related info that could help with recruiting later on.

Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (Carlsbad, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I really enjoyed talking to all the interviewers and found that they were very polite.

However the interview process was very dis-organized and there was no clarity who will be interviewing, when and for how long. I would get random requests from the recruiter to talk to more and more interviewers. Working with their recruiter was a very bad experience. It felt like he was on some express train and was in so much hurry. I repeatedly told him that I am not available for interview for a specific time and he kept pushing for that specific time.

Interview Questions

• Explain how the test numbers are created on their internal tool?   1 Answer

Web Analyst Interview

Interview

6 rounds of SQL, AB testing case study. Focused on SQL skills and ability to design KPI's for AB testing. Not much stats skills were tested.SQL on Windows functions majorily, Basic business case studies,AB testing case studies.In AB test questions, you are asked to design KPI for a product rollout, like their success metrics and operational metrics.

Interview Questions

• SQL on Windows functions majorily, Basic business case studies,AB testing case studies.In AB test questions, you are asked to design KPI for a product rollout, like their success metrics and operational metrics.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

Recruiter round
    Hiring manager
    5 1:1

All rounds were conversational. They are looking at your thought process. Interesting conversations especially with their senior leaders

Questions centered around understanding of retail, retail trends and ecommerce.

Very short meetings

Interview Questions

• How would retail industry be 5 years from now ?   Answer Question
    • How do you deliver bad news to your team ?   Answer Question
    • If one of the steps you take is in line with customer needs but not in line with your goals how would you handle it ?   Answer Question
    • Think of metrics that would be important for your customers   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

This interview was through the career fair. I went on time for the interview and after waiting for an hour, finally it was my turn. There was only one question that was asked. It was regarding TDD. I answered all the questions that was shot at me. And the interviewer seemed really convinced. He told me I'd be hearing from them for next rounds or so soon. After a week I got a rejection email from them.

Interview Questions

• There was test case that was failing for wrong reason make it fail for the right reason and then make it pass. (RGG)   Answer Question

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter via LinkedIn, had a brief 20 minute phone interview (mainly discussed my resume and previous experience), played the simulation Skyrise City, traveled to San Bruno for a 3 hour in-person interview, and received a phone call the following week

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about you that I can't get from your resume?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

Onsite, one behavioral and one technical. The technical portion was mostly presenting a solution of a system you had to implement before. They then asked basic data structure questions, such as linked lists and array. Also asked about testing (unit tests)

Interview Questions

• Explain solution to the programming assignment they gave a few days ago   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

I had 2 telephonic technical interview for 45 mins. I then had a interview with the HR.

I was informed that they would like to go ahead and mentioned about the salary.

The hiring process was fairly simple and the questions asked were really easy too.

Category Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA).

Interview

Pretty disappointed how disorganized the recruitment team at Walmart eCommerce is.

The interview process is confusing and inconsistent across different candidates. There is a lack of transparency of what's going on, and there was no clarity of next steps.

The interview itself was average on difficulty, and it consisted of a behavioral and 2 case interviews. The interviewers are very considerate and easygoing.

I had made it clear in-person to the hiring manager and in email three separate times to the recruiter that I had a deadline coming up from another firm. I did not receive a single response.

Note to the recruiters: Value your candidates, so respond to them, whether positively or negatively. In the case of an impending deadline of conflicting offers, at least have the courtesy to understand to reply to them to let them know of a decision so they are not left confused and waiting on you. Even if there was no decision made, at least state that out.

Incredibly disappointed in Walmart's recruitment team, as many other candidates are.

Interview Questions

• Here is a screenshot of a walmart product, tell me what you would improve about it.   Answer Question