Walmart eCommerce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walmart eCommerce Interview Questions

Interviews at Walmart eCommerce

2.8

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

They ask you questions you answer them
    It's very easy, they want to know when have you over came a big issue in your life, they want to see if you are a strong person and if you're fit for their company

Interview Questions

• When did you u over come something and how did you go about it   1 Answer

Senior Manager Corporate Planning Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

I had four fourty five minute in person interviews. They were mostly behavioral questions, but some were more about the business and how I would improve operations. The process was well organized.

Interview Questions

• How would you improve the shopping experience if you had an unlimited budget?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

1. Telephonic with hiring manager
    2. Data Exercise presentation over video and screen sharing. Lots of questions on metrics.
    3. Onsite interview with 4 rounds (with Product Managers, Hiring Manager, Designer, Technical manager). Standard Product Manager Questions on Prioritization, design, behavioral questions, and metrics.

Interview Questions

• Standard Product Manager Questions on Prioritization, design, behavioral questions, and metrics   Answer Question

Intern - Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later got an interview arrangement, two more weeks later got the phone call. It's a phone call with pair coding. The total time is 1 hour long.

Interview Questions

• The question is about number combinations and sorting in special cases. The question it self is not hard, but expect candidates to be familiar with Java usage such as Collections, StringBuilders, Comparators etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (Sunnyvale, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

5 week process
    1)Phone with Recruiter - Messy, recruiter not organized, hard to schedule the call, had to postpone twice.
    2)Hackerrank - Nice interviewer, easy OO problem.
    3)Onsite - hard to schedule, hard to contact recruiter, not organized.
       - 4 interviews: 1 system design and 3 (some medium, some easy) leetcode style problems. I was thrown an extra one at the end.
    4) Rejection after 2 days - I did very well in the onsite: solved all the problems and had nice conversations/clicked with everyone but was told they were looking for someone more senior. They should have challenged me more or asked better questions if they wanted to gauge my level, not trap me into problems that juniors can solve.

Interview Questions

• Given an unsorted array of integers and a target, find all triplets that sum to the target.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in March 2020.

Interview

Phone screening, online assessment, then in-person interviews with 3 current category specialists managers. Each round lasts 30 minutes long and each cover a different aspect of the role.

One is a mock sales scenario - you're asked to pretend to sell some products to a large company in a meeting. One requires you to evaluate sales from the past year of a certain category. Before you go in, you're given this folder that you're not allowed to open until this interview. Inside there's a sheet of last year's sales for the category and you're given 15 minutes to review it and come up with thoughts. During the last 15 minutes, your interviewer comes in and asks you questions about the sales - like which products do you think are doing the best and why, etc.
    Another round consists of behavioral questions. The 4th last 'round' is 30 minutes where you reconvene with the other interviewees that you came in with to ask current category specialists questions about the role.

I declined my offer because of two of the interviewers - one interviewer was incredibly rude and seeing that she was the manager of an important category and acting as entitled and careless as she did completely turned me off from the role. The other just didn't seem prepared at all. She came in late and didn't sound like she knew what exactly to ask me, which probably indicated that she was just asked last minute to do this. Unprofessional. Loved talking to the 3rd interviewer though. The current category specialists that we interviewed also sounded very forced when answering questions about how well they liked their role. Not surprised there - my former college classmate joined as a category specialist last year and though she loved it in the beginning, she ended up quitting last month (the same month I interviewed) because of their (and I quote) "cut-throat and heartless work culture".

Interview Questions

• Which products did you think did the best last year and why?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

It’s pretty straight forward. It’s a One on one interview with the pharmacist in charge. You will be ask some situational questions and you will be given time to answer based on experience.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

Initial phone interview and then online coding related problems. Next was an on-site interview with three to four interviewers. The process was good and at a comfortable pace

Category Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce.

Interview

Phone interview, assessment, on-site

Got onsite at the end of January, but haven’t heard back from now :( I feel like the chance is fifty fifty please let me know if you happens to interview at the same period, have you got the result yet thx!

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (San Bruno, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

Excellent process. 3 interviewer round robin. They assessed my interpersonal skills, ability to interpret data, and answer critical thinking questions based on situations they presented. Took only a couple weeks to hear back and a month to start working. The entire vibe of the interview was very welcoming and put me in my comfort zone.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to take leadership in a collaboration project at internship or school?   Answer Question