Walmart eCommerce Software Engineering Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Software Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walmart eCommerce (Brisbane, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

I was put through the motions as if they were just interviewing me, to fulfill their "Quotas" from their own Managers. My years of experience and strong background did not seem to phase them, rather put them on the defensive. A group of junior developers interviewed me and visibly noticed that I was lightyears ahead of them, which they did not seem to take lightly. I assured them that I would share my knowledge and mentor them and bring them up on technology and standards for 2012. The way, the group talked to each other was very familiar. They were all from one Ethnic Region and had their pecking orders all marked out. I am not prejudice, but this was a HR Nightmare. They seem to interview, just to be able to discredit all of the Candidates, until they find one of their "Own". A real club, that was. Very clique behavior, protecting each other's interest, they kept trying to send in smart people to argue it out with me, trying to find a reason to report back to their Managers, why they would not want to take me. It was obvious to me, that after 5 hours of this "Challenging behavior" I felt as if I was in a Asia, in a Rooster Fight. lol. And Of course, I never heard anything even remotely professional back from them. This is a highly unprofessional IT shop, in a ethnic lockdown, in the manipulating Hands of a few internal Dealmakers. Walmart Corp, should run a simple Analysis, why they haven't hired somebody into those ranks, from another, or the Opposite ethnic Diversity.
This Club, as it exists today, will never have the chance to fairly upgrade their skills, hiring new Talent from the Outside, that gives them new Ideas, fresh Solutions and a different approach, coming from a variety of external solutions. It is clear to me, that racial motivation persists at that level at Walmart, so the people that have cornered the hiring game can abuse their power to play their pawns and games, for reasons I cannot even imagine, and don't want to imagine. But one day, this situation is going to blow up in Walmart's Face, costing them many more Millions, than the IT Group thinks they saved, by keeping it "in the Family"..

Interview Questions

• Can you speak another Language, like an Asian Language?   2 Answers
  • Can you understand, what we are saying, when we talk about your interview?   Answer Question