Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Burbank, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

73 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

Easily the best part of the interview process is the passion employees have at the company. With a legacy as storied as The Walt Disney Company, much is built on the ethos of the namesake.

That said, the interviews were straight-forward. The first round was a phone interview with my direct supervisors. The questions were a combination of technical finance and behavioral questions. Nothing too crazy. The main thing they were looking for is fit, and if you knew what it took to do the role.

My biggest word of advice is to apply for jobs that you fit the job description. It sounds cliche but if you are working in Parks/TV/Retail, it helps to have work experience already in those areas. With a company this size, there is always something that fits your profile.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a telephone interview. Review of resume and review of job description with recruiter. After that, she asked me if I had any questions and I asked several. I was then told it would be two weeks before they were going to schedule face to face interviews. Several days later, a similar sales position was posted and the one that I had applied to was no longer listed.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter with a brief 15 min call about my interests and background. A few days later I had a 30 min call with the hiring manager. She explained the role in more detail and asked me more specific questions about my background. They then scheduled a final round interview which would take an hour over the phone. I spoke with two different department heads, 30 min each. They asked me several hypothetical questions to get a sense of how I would handle the role. They also asked me more in depth questions about my previous experiences in school and professionally. Overall, everyone was very professional and friendly.

Senior Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter, then had several phone interviews with a recruiter and Human Resources before an in-person interview with the Hiring Manager and a follow-up in-person with the Hiring Manager and Director.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to share more about my education and experience. It was a very-open ended interview with minimal pressure and quite casual.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Had the phone screening. Then had a phone interview with the QA manager as well as the automation engineer. Asked questions about resume. Then asked some QA questions. Went for an on-site interview where the first 30 mins was the QA manager and the automation engineer. Went over items on the resume, some java questions and then a coding exercise. Then second 30 mins was with QA manager and a QA engineer. Went over day to day responsibilities. Then asked a QA question.

Interview Questions

• Print out a substring of a string   Answer Question
    • If a tv was delivered to your door, describe steps on how to turn the tv to channel 10.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Interview

After a couple of days of applying online, you set up an phone screening with the HR and then you wait for another interview call. The interview can last from 20 minutes to an hour. The questions are basically behavioral questions and scenario questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with eight different people in five separate occasions. The process was long and drawn out but very detailed. Started with a telephonic with HR, then in person with the perspective supervisor. Then in person with three people in a day. Then interviewed with two more a few weeks later. The whole process took approximately 10 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about company culture and what was my desire to work at Disney   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter who after screening me, set up 30min phone screen with internal HR. Then I met with a panel of Sr Project Managers who asked detailed questions. Final interview was with the director.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite Disney Character?
      Define the SDLC process.
      How did you apply critical thinking skills to overcome issue?   Answer Question

Associate Corporate Strategy and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to a posting on my MBA program's careers website. I was notified by e-mail that I would be invited to interview and a week after that had two phone interviews. A couple days after that I was told I would go on to the final round, a "super day" in Burbank. There were 5 other candidates there, all from top MBA programs. We were each interviewed by 6 people. 2 directors, 1 VP, 2 SVPs and the Chief Strategy Officer. These were typically 20-30m in length and almost invariably contained the "walk me through your résumé" and "why Disney" portions. I was notified that I did not receive the offer a couple days later. The process itself was very smooth and the entire team was very pleasant throughout. It was a great experience and I was definitely looking forward to working there.
    We also had lunch with some of the analysts and associates, which was a nice touch in getting to know the team.

Interview Questions

• Phone: What is the greatest challenge Disney faces and how can it be addressed?   Answer Question
    • Phone: What will the industry look like in 10 years.   Answer Question
    • Phone: Walk me through a DCF valuation.   Answer Question
    • Phone: How would you value the Marvel acquisition?   Answer Question
    • Live: Evaluate the revenue potential of a new sports news product.   Answer Question
    • Live: What would be a dream project for you at Disney?   Answer Question
    • Live: What should Disney acquire next? What else?   Answer Question

Search Engine Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, HR contact me after 2 weeks via email. Then schedule a phone screen. Common behavior based phone interview. No technical questions, except ask for related work experience. Never response after interview, even I sent 2 emails.