Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Burbank, CA | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Burbank, CA

Updated Apr 22, 2017

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Interview

After a couple of days of applying online, you set up an phone screening with the HR and then you wait for another interview call. The interview can last from 20 minutes to an hour. The questions are basically behavioral questions and scenario questions.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter who after screening me, set up 30min phone screen with internal HR. Then I met with a panel of Sr Project Managers who asked detailed questions. Final interview was with the director.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite Disney Character?
      Define the SDLC process.
      How did you apply critical thinking skills to overcome issue?
      Answer Question

Associate Corporate Strategy and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to a posting on my MBA program's careers website. I was notified by e-mail that I would be invited to interview and a week after that had two phone interviews. A couple days after that I was told I would go on to the final round, a "super day" in Burbank. There were 5 other candidates there, all from top MBA programs. We were each interviewed by 6 people. 2 directors, 1 VP, 2 SVPs and the Chief Strategy Officer. These were typically 20-30m in length and almost invariably contained the "walk me through your résumé" and "why Disney" portions. I was notified that I did not receive the offer a couple days later. The process itself was very smooth and the entire team was very pleasant throughout. It was a great experience and I was definitely looking forward to working there.
    We also had lunch with some of the analysts and associates, which was a nice touch in getting to know the team.

Interview Questions

• Phone: What is the greatest challenge Disney faces and how can it be addressed?   Answer Question
    • Phone: What will the industry look like in 10 years.   Answer Question
    • Phone: Walk me through a DCF valuation.   Answer Question
    • Phone: How would you value the Marvel acquisition?   Answer Question
    • Live: Evaluate the revenue potential of a new sports news product.   Answer Question
    • Live: What would be a dream project for you at Disney?   Answer Question
    • Live: What should Disney acquire next? What else?   Answer Question

Search Engine Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, HR contact me after 2 weeks via email. Then schedule a phone screen. Common behavior based phone interview. No technical questions, except ask for related work experience. Never response after interview, even I sent 2 emails.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

They called to set an interview about two weeks after I applied and I interviewed about a week later. It went well and I was offered the position, but I decided it wasn't for me.

Interview Questions

• My desired pay, why would I want to work for Disney, etc.   Answer Question

Employee Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It felt like a high school break up that lasted 3 months. The interviews themselves were great, but they say wonderful things to you to your face, but then don't call or return your calls or emails for weeks...then tell you how interested they are in you and how they want you to meet the VPs...then don't contact you or respond to your follow up email for weeks on end. I finally got a voice message from the recruiter that the manager who I met with had decided to change the qualifications for the job. I expected more out of this company. It left a bad taste in my mouth and it makes me want to avoid all things Disney when it comes to entertaining my 11 month old daughter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee situation.   Answer Question

Professional Staffing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

It started as an exploratory interview. I didn't apply to a specific job...just in my resume blindly. It was a very comfortable atmosphere and the reception area people were very nice...making sure i was comfortable. When i started my interview, the recruiter had a way of making me feel very relaxed. Not going in for a specific position, I really had no idea what possible questions I might be asked. But, it felt more like a conversation. At some point she did say that they were interested in finding someone to support one of the recruiters. I apparently did well, as the recruiter walked me around the entire department and introduced me to everyone. I was pretty sure I was going to get an offer...and I did, a few hours later after I got home.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't remember any exact questions. But, being fairly new to the interview process, I wasn't "seasoned" as to what might be asked. I went in just feeling excited about the possibility of working for the company and just decided to be me.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Be ready to give examples about your work experience (specific examples when answering questions are the best). I also suggest you bring in multiple copies of your resume and dress business professional.

Interview Questions

• Ask to see my PowerPoint skills and aer layouts   1 Answer

Financial Accounting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Four different panels of three or four individuals who asked about technical experience, career goals and aspirations, and any leadership or work related experience. The interview process took about a couple hours. After the interview, we had a tour of the campus and a brief history of the company. After the official interview day, I was notified the week right after with their decision.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time you had you overcome a challenge in the workplace   Answer Question

MSI Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Called by a recruiter in Florida, it takes about half an hour and most are behavior questions. And then should received a call by recruiting manager, but for me this step is skipped but I don't know why. Then I was invited for an onsite interview, four 1-1 interviews. Asked about coding with R and went throw resume experience. After the onsite interview I was required to do another round of phone interview withe the team.

Interview Questions

• Selecting sales data at located Los Angeles at a specific data from national wide data set using R   Answer Question