Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Burbank, CA | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Burbank, CA

Updated Dec 20, 2016

Associate Corporate Strategy and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to a posting on my MBA program's careers website. I was notified by e-mail that I would be invited to interview and a week after that had two phone interviews. A couple days after that I was told I would go on to the final round, a "super day" in Burbank. There were 5 other candidates there, all from top MBA programs. We were each interviewed by 6 people. 2 directors, 1 VP, 2 SVPs and the Chief Strategy Officer. These were typically 20-30m in length and almost invariably contained the "walk me through your résumé" and "why Disney" portions. I was notified that I did not receive the offer a couple days later. The process itself was very smooth and the entire team was very pleasant throughout. It was a great experience and I was definitely looking forward to working there.
    We also had lunch with some of the analysts and associates, which was a nice touch in getting to know the team.

Interview Questions

• Phone: What is the greatest challenge Disney faces and how can it be addressed?   Answer Question
    • Phone: What will the industry look like in 10 years.   Answer Question
    • Phone: Walk me through a DCF valuation.   Answer Question
    • Phone: How would you value the Marvel acquisition?   Answer Question
    • Live: Evaluate the revenue potential of a new sports news product.   Answer Question
    • Live: What would be a dream project for you at Disney?   Answer Question
    • Live: What should Disney acquire next? What else?   Answer Question

Search Engine Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, HR contact me after 2 weeks via email. Then schedule a phone screen. Common behavior based phone interview. No technical questions, except ask for related work experience. Never response after interview, even I sent 2 emails.

Employee Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

It felt like a high school break up that lasted 3 months. The interviews themselves were great, but they say wonderful things to you to your face, but then don't call or return your calls or emails for weeks...then tell you how interested they are in you and how they want you to meet the VPs...then don't contact you or respond to your follow up email for weeks on end. I finally got a voice message from the recruiter that the manager who I met with had decided to change the qualifications for the job. I expected more out of this company. It left a bad taste in my mouth and it makes me want to avoid all things Disney when it comes to entertaining my 11 month old daughter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult employee situation.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Be ready to give examples about your work experience (specific examples when answering questions are the best). I also suggest you bring in multiple copies of your resume and dress business professional.

Interview Questions

• Ask to see my PowerPoint skills and aer layouts   1 Answer

MSI Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Called by a recruiter in Florida, it takes about half an hour and most are behavior questions. And then should received a call by recruiting manager, but for me this step is skipped but I don't know why. Then I was invited for an onsite interview, four 1-1 interviews. Asked about coding with R and went throw resume experience. After the onsite interview I was required to do another round of phone interview withe the team.

Interview Questions

• Selecting sales data at located Los Angeles at a specific data from national wide data set using R   Answer Question

Media Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a drawn out process. I applied in December 2014 and didn't hear anything back until late May 2015. The process was straightforward once it happened. The interview format consisted of the typical (questionnaire, phone interview, in person). I had two phone interviews. The first phone interview was with the recruiter and she was very thorough. She was very nice and told me about the position and what to expect. I then interviewed over the phone with the hiring manager, who at first appeared very nice, but as the conversation went on he became very brash. I asked him questions about the position and others after he interviewed me such as what is the most rewarding part of working at Disney, and the most challenging. I think interviewers of all levels forget that us candidates are also interviewing the company at the same time they are interviewing us. I could tell he was offended at the questions I asked, as we didn't speak too much after I asked those questions and his responses weren't thought out or crisp. I still love Disney and what it stands for despite the negative experience with the hiring manager for this position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Tell me about your background.
      What is your favorite Disney character and why?
      Do you feel you are overqualified for the job?
      Tell me about a time when you worked on a project and was challenged by it.
      How do you handle working in a fast paced environment?
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

You have to apply online and then if you are qualified a recruiter will call. There is a short phone interview where the recruiter decides to submit you to the hiring department or not. Then wait for department to call.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Interacting with each cast member at Disney has been a pleasurable experience. They are incredibly welcoming and have the upmost interest in your career path. From what I have experienced, working at Disney would be an incredible experience especially if you can gain a global position within the company.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Disney?
      Can you explain your leadership skills?
      Answer Question

ProcurementMBA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Interview

Had an initial phone screening, followed by an interview by a procurement manager. Filled out initial application online and the process has been smooth, no timelines have been presented with more information to come.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Strangest interviews I've ever experienced. First interviewed via phone with dept head who talked most of the hour-long "interview." Before the call ended he said they would call me for the next step. Went to Burbank for in-person interview. The surroundings are very quiet, hot, no one walking around, not friendly - not like one would expect for this particular company.

During the next interview, the same person said all of the same stuff he said in the first interview. He had NO questions for me. It was up to me to interject why I was a fit, ask questions. When the interview ended I asked if he had any concerns about my ability to do the job and he said no. Then I didn't get the job. I wasn't even the slightest bit disappointed because it was so strange.

Interview Questions

• They never asked me any questions. They do use a bicycle analogy to explain how their team is set up and they use this analogy over and over and over.   Answer Question