Walt Disney Company Cast Member Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 15, 2017

2.3

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

My Disney interview was barely an interview at all. It was more like, a meet and greet with the super awesome managers. I started by applying online, and within a couple days, actually, they called me back to proceed with an interview. About a week later, I interviewed, but didn't get a call back until 3-4 weeks later. The manager was super sweet and told me that they had encountered some problems, and that's what caused the delay. A week after that call, I received the employment offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you.   1 Answer
  • Who's your fave Disney character? Which Disney character best represents you?   1 Answer
  • What kind of events have you seen going on at the Disney store?   1 Answer
  • Act out a scenario where the other interviewee is a guest, and they want to celebrate something at the Disney store.   Answer Question
  • Read a page of this Disney book and act as though you are reading to little kids during Storybook time.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Very good the interviewer was nice. Like to talk a lot. Ask a lot of questions to see if you have the skills to perform the job. The place is nice clean. Very far from home. The area outside was under construction. I had to wait a lot more than the time specified.. like an additional hour

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Thorough, friendly, and cheerful interview process. Three step process. Made aware that hiring is seasonal only right now and eventually there will be part time positions opening. Full time hires seem to be few and far between. Appearance matters, no outrageous piercings, tattoos must be covered, hair must be neat.

Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Brief phone screening asking about my job history, what I liked about my job, what was a time I made a difference. The interviewer was very nice and official. Gave me all of the information that I needed to know about the interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Columbus, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, they contacted me through email about a week later. I had an over the phone interview two days later, I have not heard back from them. The interview questions were very easy. They ask, who was your favorite Disney character and why? The interview felt rush! Its a work from home position. I really want the job for the perks! I have not heard back from the interview as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite Disney Character?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Lake Buena Vista, FL).

Interview

Getting a job at Disney World was super easy and painless. You got to choose which job you'd like, and then boom - it's yours. After you're hired you go through a long orientation and training stage, which was really helpful in learning all of the Disney standards. I really enjoyed the process, it made the transition easy.

Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Anaheim, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Online interview questionnaire, then an in-person interview. Went to the office, had to sit and wait within the office to be called to one of the seven hiring offices. Interviewed, and the job preferences were discussed, and overall the job that they thought that you fit best for would be offered to you if they wanted to hire you.

Cast Member, Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in August 2013.

Interview

The first time I applied to Disneyland, I had applied for a Quick Service Restaurant position, and about a month later, I received an email basically saying that they did not need me for that position. And then about a month after receiving that email, I got another email asking me to do an online interview. So I jumped online to complete it, and it just essentially asked questions about what I would do in certain situations, etc. Then it prompted me to schedule an interview where I'd go in and meet with someone. They asked me normal interview questions such as, "Why do you want to work here?" and "Tell me about your last Disney experience!" Just basic stuff.

Interview Questions

• One of the most difficult questions my interviewer asked me was "Why do you want to work for Disneyland?" And it was difficult because I didn't want to give a "typical" or "cliche" answer. Coming up with a unique answer was probably the most difficult, to me at least.   Answer Question

Negotiation

When I was given the job offer, I was told I could CHOOSE which field I wanted to be in, such as Merchandising, Hotels, Lifeguard, Custodial, etc. And if your resume fits in with what you chose, you will more than likely be put into the field you ask for.

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (San Antonio, TX) in September 2012.

Interview

Initial chat with manager in store where she asked questions about my general work history and availability. Then was asked to apply online. From there it was a group interview and eventually an offer. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite Disney character and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Online application, series of questions. If you pass then you will be given a few phone interview times. Once you complete a phone interview you will either have a skype interview or you have to go in person to Disney to complete an interview on your own dime.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for the company? Has the company impacted you personally? Do you have memories of Disney?   Answer Question