Walt Disney Company Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Director Interview Questions

Director Interview

Interview

It began with a typical (30 minute) telephone screening from HR. Second, there was an interview with hiring manager and HR director. Third, I was brought in for a series of one-on-one and two-on-one interviews. Lastly, there was a final panel interview that included some repeats of those I had already met.

Interview Questions

• "What are your strategies for navigating diverse points of view while making everyone feel heard?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone interview with Disney recruiter then two rounds of interviews with more than two weeks between the interviews. After the first set of interviews (6 interviews lasting 30 minutes each) it took Disney two weeks to gather feedback information and decide on next steps. Feedback was that I was the lead candidate. 2nd round consisted of two 30 minute interviews that lasted more than an hour each. After two weeks, I tried to contact the hiring manager and recruiter via email and by phone. No response from either...

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

It was very structured and all of the key business partners were involved. There Human Resources team provided a clearly outline of the job opportunity and managed the travel logistics. Being able to speak with other employees helped to gain a sense of the culture.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

I was recruited by a former manager. I met her for lunch to discuss the job. Then we both had lunch with the woman who would be my supervisor. After that HR took over, negotiating the salary. I did not get exactly the base salary that I had asked for, but they threw in additional vacation time and a sign on bonus (sign on bonuses come out of a different budget, so they are often amenable). In addition, the executive health benefit was incredible. Each year I worked I was reimbursed for a bike or other piece of exercise equipment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were presented with a management challenge.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

phone, followed by all-day rotational interview. Great folks and office

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

Detailed and extensive. Serial interviews with both peers and supervisors. The corporate culture is consensus based--the ability to network across, between, and internal to business lines is critical. The company likes a diversity of experience. Integrity and personal standards are also paramount. The process is extremely competitive --the company can basically hire who they want. Be prepared to find ways in which your experience goes above and beyond what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• The standard --what is your greatest weakness.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I would negotiate harder if I had it to do over again.

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Interview was conducted on the phone to get basic info on you, your previous work background, your previous project, and your vision on the new job, and your expected salary

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most important factor in Architectural design in China?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in June 2009.

Interview

news questions, disney questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not willing