Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Glendale, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a message through LinkedIn regarding an Executive Assistant Position in Glendale. They told me to apply online, so I did. I received a phone call the following day. It was a pretty lengthy phone screen interview. They asked a lot of questions.

Enterprise Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a 15 Minute Screening, followed by 3 back to back interviews. Overall, the process it self was simple, the interviews I just prepared for by doing lots of mock interviews. The recruiters and hiring manger were great to work with as well.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you to find out how many gas stations were in LA proper, how would you figure that out without using the internet?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA).

Interview

The interview process was quite extensive with full background checks, reference checks, and calls to the schools I attended. The actual interview was a well organized 2 days of approximately 8 interviews with various level staff and executives.

The process and time from interview to job offer was long, but professional.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiations were brief.

Graduate Associate - Environment Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

-First there is a phone interview with the recruiter to see if you're still interested
    -Second is up to the hiring manager, but in my case they scheduled a conference interview
    -Afterwards, they requested an in-person interview followed by an Excel test and an easy knowledge test (about topics related to the position; in my case, energy conversions).

Interview Questions

• All questions were related to my resume and whether or not I had experience doing the activities required.   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA).

Interview

First a call from HR to vet your resume and tell you a little bit about the team. Second are scheduled 30 minute interviews with the team, the hiring manager, HR and usually an executive. If all goes well, you'll get a call for either a second round of interviews or a job offer.

Each interview is going to be different depending on the hiring manager. There's no interview formula that they follow.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online. Scheduled a phone screening that same week. The next week, I scheduled a 60-minute interview with two Disney employees. A week later, I received a second interview, which was in the form of two 30-minute interviews. The interview questions were fairly normal, with a few situational questions that makes you think a bit.

Interview Questions

• How would your prior experience fit in with the daily responsibilities of this position?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Generalized questions. Nothing specific. One person interview with hiring manager. Got the impression that this was a formality to meet the interviewee, and not gauge their capability. The decision was already made before I came in the door. I got the job with very little screening. I had the feeling that it was a revolving door for employment, which it was. Interviewing manager was female. Her staff worked closely with her, so she had to feel it was a good fit. She ran over the duties, and asked if I had questions, and answered them, Parking was validated, and I was told my agency would be notified. I did get the position after one in-person interview at my hiring managers office. Dress conventionally for this location. Nothing too trendy.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Disney? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

i had a couple of phone interviews. one with my manager and one with my director. each interview lasted 30 minutes. the people who work at the walt disney company are incredibly nice, and the interview went well because of that. honestly, it is the best place to work in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used social media and what did you do?   Answer Question

Undergraduate Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA).

Interview

I had 3 rounds of interviews with 6 people. The first one was a phone screening with an HR, and 1-2 weeks later I was emailed by another HR to schedule a personal interview itinerary with 30-minute each for a total of 2 hours. People were extremely nice and they asked me about life goals and personal interest. Nothing difficult, it's more like a daily conversation with a friend. You do have to answer some experience-related questions regarding the job position. Then 2-3 weeks later I was asked to schedule another phone interview with a professional, then after 2 weeks I was informed the interview result.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult, asked me about multi-task ability, challenging projects I've done and what I've learned from it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no way to negotiate the hourly salary, because everyone gets the same. I did negotiate with weekly hours and that was approved.

Environment & Conservation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

My first interview was with a manager in the Corporate Citizenship office, with a background in consulting and carbon markets. She was amiable, but somewhat distant throughout the interview, which consisted primarily of questions regarding my experiences with sustainability and project management. She additionally asked very specific questions regarding voluntary carbon reporting standards, paper policies, and GHG inventories, which were very difficult and seemingly beyond that of the job description.

About a week later I received an email from HR asking for my availability for an in-person, panel interview with three managers, including my initial interviewer. Upon arriving to the office, I discovered that a miscommunication led to my interview being scheduled alongside a monthly office-wide meeting. One of the managers came to talk to me for an "informal interview" for about ten minutes before leaving for the meeting, then my initial interviewer came in and interviewed me for the next 45 minutes. This interview built upon the first, with many repeated questions as she had misplaced her notes from two weeks prior. There we additionally other situational questions about my research and project management skills.

At the end of the interview, the manager asked me if I had yet received any paperwork from HR, which led me to believe that I had gotten the position. She also asked me the name of the HR person that contacted me, so that she could speak with her about it. I waited the weekend, then sent a followup email, to which she responded that I would hear back shortly. I never received a response, but after about three weeks my status on DisneyCareers changed to "No Longer In Consideration."

Interview Questions

• Let's say that I want you to compare and contrast the Climate Action Reserve, the Verified Carbon Standard, and the American Carbon Registry with the Kyoto Protocol. How would you go about researching and presenting this information?   1 Answer