Walt Disney Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.7

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in May 2013.

Interview

It was a very tough interview. Don't expect to get the job on your first try. Definitely worth it tho. I make more money than I could ever imagine.Your opinion will help others make decisions about jobs and companies.

Interview Questions

• What is your 4 career plan.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Buena Vista, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Lake Buena Vista, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

8 Hours Day with 5 one on ones, a lunch interview, had to give a 15 min presentation and a 6 person panel interview. Very stressful day with many questions getting repeated throughout the process. All BI interviewing style and they are watching you very carefully during your lunch interview.

Seasonal Part-Time Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mission Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Mission Viejo, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

First Interview: Group interview, reviewing the Disney Store mission statement and goals. Asked to create a story for an office supply item within a couple of minutes.

Second Interview: One-on-one with the assistant store manager. Routine questions asking why I wanted to work there, how my experiences in child care and theatre would help prepare me for the position, etc.

Interview Questions

• Who is your favorite Disney character (or at least one of them) and why?   1 Answer
    • What does "creating magical experiences with guests of all ages" mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Who inspired or nurtured your love for Disney?   1 Answer

Decision Science Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Process took 4+ weeks. Got the first phone interview which was basic and simple. Then called the next week and asked to set up a video interview with members of the team. They ask questions to assess your technical knowledge and tell you more about the job. Ask very interesting questions that require you to think logically before answering. They definitely try to assess your decision making process.

Producer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Interviews with multiple layers of people in the organisation.
    You will probably take a test if in a creative or technical person.
    Prepare yourself as much as possible.
    Research as much as you can about the product area that you are moving into as they will show your interest level.

Campus Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was lengthy. One HR phone screen, 2 separate interviews with hiring mgr, and 2 colleague phone calls. Very thorough. Everyone I interacted with was exceptionally professional, helpful, and very willing to answer questions. It felt very much like an equal dialogue.

Interview Questions

• Why campus recruiting over other recruiting depts? Why the studio side? Do you have experience with/how do you feel about potentially difficult/strong personalities and managing expectations?   1 Answer

Decision Science Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

HR interview, then a technical phone interview, then an on-site interview. The HR is very professional, and technical phone interview will based on your personal skill set. The on-site interview will be a series of 1:1 interview, and some of the questions could be pretty hard.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Strangest interviews I've ever experienced. First interviewed via phone with dept head who talked most of the hour-long "interview." Before the call ended he said they would call me for the next step. Went to Burbank for in-person interview. The surroundings are very quiet, hot, no one walking around, not friendly - not like one would expect for this particular company.

During the next interview, the same person said all of the same stuff he said in the first interview. He had NO questions for me. It was up to me to interject why I was a fit, ask questions. When the interview ended I asked if he had any concerns about my ability to do the job and he said no. Then I didn't get the job. I wasn't even the slightest bit disappointed because it was so strange.

Interview Questions

• They never asked me any questions. They do use a bicycle analogy to explain how their team is set up and they use this analogy over and over and over.   Answer Question

Undeclared Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I am a manager and was thrilled to be interviewing for a corporate position, but I became disenchanted during the hiring process.

Initial phone interview by HR about 10 days after online application. The HR team is nicely organized and communicative. Video interview a week later. On-site 2 weeks after that. I was the final/sole candidate at that point.

Each interview was different, and not what was expected at that "stage" of the process. (Personally, I didn't feel that I performed that great from Day 1, and was wondering why they even kept me moving forward?! But I thought perhaps I underestimated my ability, or they really just had no one better to choose from! )

Once on-site, (a vast sea of small cubicles and plain conference rooms,) I met with about 8 people. Hard to explain here, but it feels like a police interrogation, like they have the answers already and know you're guilty, but they enjoy putting you through their line of questioning. Very uncomfortable. They seem to derive some pleasure out of it. Had it been a different company, I'd have removed myself from candidacy...I got the feeling I wouldn't have much job security if hired in this role; they'd always be looking for a way to make me look bad.

I actually wished/expected they'd give me some sort of project vs. a series of interrogations where I was defending myself (rather than illustrating my capabilities). With few exceptions (upper management, who I quite liked,) they came off as smug and unyielding; also, there was a universal vibe of frustration in working for a giant company where decisions go through so many levels, and effecting change is nearly impossible.

I ended up questioning whether I even want to work there in any capacity. I'd already expressed reservations to my family. Sadly, if this was a good example of their culture, maybe it's not for me, after all.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't expecting to be instructed to explain a gap in employment from 15+ years ago. (Really?!)   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in December 2013.

Interview

Two interviews with management and potential peers.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was my first job out of college, so I didn't negotiate much, but I did ask for a relocation package.