Walt Disney Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in November 2016.

Interview

I have 7 interviews in total. 1st was a phone screen with a recruiter. 2nd was with the person who would be my supervisor. The next 4 were with different people on the team. Final interview was a brief Skype call with the same supervisor from the 2nd interview. Had a final follow-up call with recruiter who then gave me the offer. I was told that this position had a lot of interviews because it was a brand new internship within a new team. Most I believe have 2.

There were no curve-ball questions, all related to my experience. A few personality questions. Nothing too tough, just be prepared to answer any questions about your experience and what was on the application.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in November 2016.

Interview

After one week application, they email me to select the date to do the interview. The phone interview about 20 mins, behavior question. Basic question. Ask to tell the most challenge thing

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I only waited about 10 minutes in the lobby and my hiring manager was very warm and welcome when he called my name out and greeted me . Since I referred my aunt as a cast member , we spoke about that at first then we talked about me and the position I wanted . He started asking me interview questions then began on what was expected from Disney . Appearance wise , the schedule , etc. He told me right then an there I was recommend and began asking me where I would like to work . I had 3 options and I had to choose . I told him I wanted to cry . I was out of work for 9 months and this was a dream job of mine

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Disney ?   1 Answer
    • What happens when a guest who made a reservation shows up 20 minutes late and there are other guests who are waiting for their reservations who showed up on time . How would you handle it?   1 Answer
    • When seating a 3 top at a 4 top table , what else do you do after taking their orders and their menus away ?   1 Answer
    • Why do you like working in the restaurant industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

It's Disney , there's not much negotiationing . They have certain rules and looks you have to abide by . I had no problem with what they expected from a cast member (they prefer that over employee)

Associate Corporate Strategy and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to a posting on my MBA program's careers website. I was notified by e-mail that I would be invited to interview and a week after that had two phone interviews. A couple days after that I was told I would go on to the final round, a "super day" in Burbank. There were 5 other candidates there, all from top MBA programs. We were each interviewed by 6 people. 2 directors, 1 VP, 2 SVPs and the Chief Strategy Officer. These were typically 20-30m in length and almost invariably contained the "walk me through your résumé" and "why Disney" portions. I was notified that I did not receive the offer a couple days later. The process itself was very smooth and the entire team was very pleasant throughout. It was a great experience and I was definitely looking forward to working there.
    We also had lunch with some of the analysts and associates, which was a nice touch in getting to know the team.

Interview Questions

• Phone: What is the greatest challenge Disney faces and how can it be addressed?   Answer Question
    • Phone: What will the industry look like in 10 years.   Answer Question
    • Phone: Walk me through a DCF valuation.   Answer Question
    • Phone: How would you value the Marvel acquisition?   Answer Question
    • Live: Evaluate the revenue potential of a new sports news product.   Answer Question
    • Live: What would be a dream project for you at Disney?   Answer Question
    • Live: What should Disney acquire next? What else?   Answer Question

Interview

I received a web-based interview a couple hours after applying, which was relatively easy. Try to avoid giving neutral answers; it looks better to answer strongly whether you agree or disagree. A couple days later, I had a phone interview. They asked about my resume and general behavioral questions. There were a few role-specific questions as well, but nothing too challenging. My interviewer was friendly, and the phone call lasted about 20 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you dealt with an emergency situation.   Answer Question

Gardener Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kissimmee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Kissimmee, FL).

Interview

Very professional and intense. Don't show up with a beard and maybe get a hair cut before you go. I remember waiting with many other people. Maybe waited an hour or two before my name was called.

Interview Questions

• What type of experience and qualifications do you have as a Gardener?   Answer Question

Mobile Quality Assurance Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interview process was easy. I went to their Glendale location and was welcomed by Senior QA coordinator. Did not have to wait long. I was told to bring a self-signed non-disclosure agreement form and hand it to her before interview She asked me "When can you start?". Then I was taken to Senior QA engineer for the technical interview. He was very friendly. First he told me about the position, asked me if I could do overtime(more than 40hrs/wk) and whether i accept the hourly rate or not. I was expecting some serious QA questions but overall questions were fairly basic. First he asked me "Tell me about yourself"?, and some other easy questions related to my experience in QA like "have you found any bugs before. Describe it"? and "What tool you used to test mobile apps". Then he asked me "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?". After interview process is terrible. After sending 5 follow-up emails i am still waiting for their answer. At this point I know I am not selected. But if you can send one email describing that. It would not hurt.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about QA?   1 Answer

Global Securities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter in FL. She was really friendly, asked basic questions regarding my resume. Then a video interview using Blue Jeans video chatting with 3 interviewers. They were nice.

Search Engine Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online, HR contact me after 2 weeks via email. Then schedule a phone screen. Common behavior based phone interview. No technical questions, except ask for related work experience. Never response after interview, even I sent 2 emails.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online then a few weeks later got an email notifying me that I would have a thirty minute phone interview. They gave options within the next 72 hours. Phone call lasted about 30 minutes. The person interviewing was very friendly.