Walt Disney Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Interview Questions

Updated Sep 22, 2017

2.7

Security Cast Member Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Several steps to get an interview. One was a web based assessment test. Once you pass, you can set up a phone interview. Hiring out of state is tricky. I was not offered a position since I did not possess a Florida drivers license (even though job posting said it could be accepted after employment offer). Was told I could apply again once I had a Florida license. I know some people had an offer before getting a FL DL. I guess it depends on your interviewer.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was smooth and didn't take as long as I was expecting. I applied for the opening online. About a week later, I was sent an invitation for the Web-Based Interview, which was very easy. It has two parts, the first is like a personality test where you rank the sentence on a scale of "strongly disagree" or "strongly agree." It asks things such as "I am always on time." Part two just asks you situational questions, and these typically had clear answers. You find out immediately after whether you qualify for the phone interview. Since I passed, I proceeded to schedule my phone interview in the closest slot, which was a week later. The phone interview took about 15 minutes and asked many questions relating to the role I had applied for. When complete, the woman kindly told me I sounded like I'd be amazing for this role, and asked if I was free the following day for an in-person interview at casting, since that role required a secondary interview. Thankfully I was, and the next day I went in for that. Many questions were similar, though these were less role-specific and more about who I was and my experience. I was then asked to interact with a mannequin head as if she were a guest at the Boutique, and style her hair into a ponytail. It was a little awkward but I just embraced it and talked as if I already worked there. She loved it, and I was then told more about the role and to expect follow up contact soon. A few days later I received a call telling me I'd got the job, and to expect an email soon with additional details and the official job offer! Overall, it was quick, fun, and Disney made it smooth and painless. Both women who interviewed me were as kind as could be and made me feel relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Disney?   Answer Question
    • How would you interact if a little girl came in dressed as Belle?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you started doing a little girl's hair and found something that shouldn't be there (lice, etc.)?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?   Answer Question

ESL Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (China, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was via Skype on the 20th of July,2017 in China. It lasted for about 45 minutes. I was interviewed by Curtis L Baker in the recruitment team. He asked me to present a lesson on Dance, Sing and Paint to 3-5 year olds while he served as the student.

Interview Questions

• How will you sustain a class of 5 years old that lasts for 2 hours?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Had the phone screening. Then had a phone interview with the QA manager as well as the automation engineer. Asked questions about resume. Then asked some QA questions. Went for an on-site interview where the first 30 mins was the QA manager and the automation engineer. Went over items on the resume, some java questions and then a coding exercise. Then second 30 mins was with QA manager and a QA engineer. Went over day to day responsibilities. Then asked a QA question.

Interview Questions

• Print out a substring of a string   Answer Question
    • If a tv was delivered to your door, describe steps on how to turn the tv to channel 10.   Answer Question

Triage Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

You will go through 3 to 4 interviews just to be a contractor. Phone screen then with recruiter. Phone screen with recruiter from Disney then a conference phone interview with about 4 people including technical questions. If you make it past that then a face to face with about 5 people. Bombarded with technical questions which I did elaborate on all in depth. The recruiter stated that I would know the same evening. I emailed him and called leaving messages but no response. A week and a half later I finally got ahold of him. I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• They will test you on what you put on your resume.   1 Answer

Financial Accounting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

One phone interview with the HR representative. In-person interview with the manager and the director. HR only gave me five business days to schedule an interview and once the in-person interview was over, no follow up was given by HR. Terrible.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

Straightforward, HR phone interview then brought in for in person with panel for a couple hours. Didn't get the job but they handled it well I thought from start to finish even if no offer.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, technical, managing projects, managing styles, why do you want to work for Disney.   Answer Question

Security Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Online app, then assessment, phone interview, still going threw the process, its been a few weeks its a lot of waiting for appointments and waiting for call backs. The assessment was mostly work ethics which you should answer honestly . The same questions is asked in multiple times in different ways

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

My Disney interview was barely an interview at all. It was more like, a meet and greet with the super awesome managers. I started by applying online, and within a couple days, actually, they called me back to proceed with an interview. About a week later, I interviewed, but didn't get a call back until 3-4 weeks later. The manager was super sweet and told me that they had encountered some problems, and that's what caused the delay. A week after that call, I received the employment offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you.   1 Answer
    • Who's your fave Disney character? Which Disney character best represents you?   1 Answer
    • What kind of events have you seen going on at the Disney store?   1 Answer
    • Act out a scenario where the other interviewee is a guest, and they want to celebrate something at the Disney store.   Answer Question
    • Read a page of this Disney book and act as though you are reading to little kids during Storybook time.   1 Answer

Integration Interview

Interview

two interviews: phone interview (about 30 mins) and interview with a teammate. Overall, the process is smooth and quick. The hiring manager made the interview process smooth transition and questions were behavioral