Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

158 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

Straightforward, HR phone interview then brought in for in person with panel for a couple hours. Didn't get the job but they handled it well I thought from start to finish even if no offer.

Interview Questions

• Strengths, technical, managing projects, managing styles, why do you want to work for Disney.   Answer Question

Cast Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

My Disney interview was barely an interview at all. It was more like, a meet and greet with the super awesome managers. I started by applying online, and within a couple days, actually, they called me back to proceed with an interview. About a week later, I interviewed, but didn't get a call back until 3-4 weeks later. The manager was super sweet and told me that they had encountered some problems, and that's what caused the delay. A week after that call, I received the employment offer via email.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you.   1 Answer
    • Who's your fave Disney character? Which Disney character best represents you?   1 Answer
    • What kind of events have you seen going on at the Disney store?   1 Answer
    • Act out a scenario where the other interviewee is a guest, and they want to celebrate something at the Disney store.   Answer Question
    • Read a page of this Disney book and act as though you are reading to little kids during Storybook time.   1 Answer

Finance/Business Development, Consumer Products Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied for the professional internship through their website and heard back about a week later to set up phone interview. Had phone interview then waited another week to get e-mail saying we will know more soon. Then got e-mail saying they are holding off on hiring manager interviews while it gets restructured. So basically we shouldn't be foregoing other opportunities because they are not sure how to move forward with this internship/if they are going to offer it for this summer.

Interview Questions

• 3 words to describe yourself, tell me about your background/past experience   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Received a message through LinkedIn regarding an Executive Assistant Position in Glendale. They told me to apply online, so I did. I received a phone call the following day. It was a pretty lengthy phone screen interview. They asked a lot of questions.

Enterprise Sourcing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a 15 Minute Screening, followed by 3 back to back interviews. Overall, the process it self was simple, the interviews I just prepared for by doing lots of mock interviews. The recruiters and hiring manger were great to work with as well.

Interview Questions

• If I asked you to find out how many gas stations were in LA proper, how would you figure that out without using the internet?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Interview

After a couple of days of applying online, you set up an phone screening with the HR and then you wait for another interview call. The interview can last from 20 minutes to an hour. The questions are basically behavioral questions and scenario questions.

Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied, got a call 3 weeks later and got a scheduled interview a week later. I went in and was surprised how laid back my interview was. It was mostly about my personal hobby. The interviewers were nice and friendly, they seemed so cheery. It was refreshing. I would recommend everyone to just relax and be yourself. Some things just aren't too much about qualifications so don't just focus on that. I think its mainly about them getting to know a bit about you rather than your skills. Remember skills can be taught, attitude can't.

Interview Questions

• Why disney?
      What can you tell me about yourself?
      What was the worst part of your past internship?
      What are three words that can be used to describe you?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with eight different people in five separate occasions. The process was long and drawn out but very detailed. Started with a telephonic with HR, then in person with the perspective supervisor. Then in person with three people in a day. Then interviewed with two more a few weeks later. The whole process took approximately 10 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were about company culture and what was my desire to work at Disney   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter who after screening me, set up 30min phone screen with internal HR. Then I met with a panel of Sr Project Managers who asked detailed questions. Final interview was with the director.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite Disney Character?
      Define the SDLC process.
      How did you apply critical thinking skills to overcome issue?   Answer Question

Associate Corporate Strategy and Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied to a posting on my MBA program's careers website. I was notified by e-mail that I would be invited to interview and a week after that had two phone interviews. A couple days after that I was told I would go on to the final round, a "super day" in Burbank. There were 5 other candidates there, all from top MBA programs. We were each interviewed by 6 people. 2 directors, 1 VP, 2 SVPs and the Chief Strategy Officer. These were typically 20-30m in length and almost invariably contained the "walk me through your résumé" and "why Disney" portions. I was notified that I did not receive the offer a couple days later. The process itself was very smooth and the entire team was very pleasant throughout. It was a great experience and I was definitely looking forward to working there.
    We also had lunch with some of the analysts and associates, which was a nice touch in getting to know the team.

Interview Questions

• Phone: What is the greatest challenge Disney faces and how can it be addressed?   Answer Question
    • Phone: What will the industry look like in 10 years.   Answer Question
    • Phone: Walk me through a DCF valuation.   Answer Question
    • Phone: How would you value the Marvel acquisition?   Answer Question
    • Live: Evaluate the revenue potential of a new sports news product.   Answer Question
    • Live: What would be a dream project for you at Disney?   Answer Question
    • Live: What should Disney acquire next? What else?   Answer Question