Walt Disney Company Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.8

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

It was very pleasant. The interview process took 3 weeks. It was a combination of initial phone interviews followed up by in person interviews. I was first approached by a recruiter which was great

Interview Questions

• How many years experience do you have   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in March 2014.

Interview

Great experience. Multiple rounds and included a panel interview. Hiring manager was very professional and transparent throughout the entire process. Some delay in receiving responses. Drug check took 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why hire someone from the outside?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had a 30 min phone screening with the recruiter. Next came an in-person 15 meeting with the recruiter followed by a 30 minute interview with the hiring manager and coordinator on the same day. Second interview /VP of Marketing. Check in call from the recruiter that they were still interviewing candidates. Final call from recruiter with offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. They gave me a brief description of an upcoming show launch, showed me artwork, told me the target audience and rough budget and asked me how I would market that campaign.

2. What projects have I recently worked on and how do I think those skills apply to the job I am interviewing for

3. What is my dream job

4. What is my leadership style

5. Tell us a little bit about yourself
      1 Answer

Negotiation

Awkward. No transparency in salary range was offered. A lot of back and forth.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burba, Taraba (Nigeria)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burba, Taraba (Nigeria)) in September 2015.

Interview

Several levels of interviews including a screening with their recruiters. After recruiter, met with hiring manager and eventually the VP. The VP was mostly just signing off on the managers choice.
    Must pass background check prior to offer letter.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seoul (South Korea)) in March 2014.

Interview

Headhunter did the first screening and thereafter I when to see the HR Director Mr. Baek.
    First of all he was 30 minutes late to the interview. Without even saying sorry, he started to ask me questions about my previous career and my past experience. It really showed that he had absolutely no clue about marketing. He then out of no where starts bad mouthing my previous employer saying that "that company has a bad reputation in the market" and "I know why you are trying to quit from that company". I guess he was trying his "pressure interview" when asking me to think of 20 different things I can do with an object and stopping me to say I am "no good". He was extremely condescending during the interview and treated me as if I was second class citizen. I was so disappointed that I wanted to leave the interview even before it was finished - but decided to be rationale and at least end the interview on a good note - then when I am offered a job, it is never to late to reject.
    So this is exactly what I have done. 3 days after the interview, I was offered a job but with minimum pay so I respectfully declined.

Interview Questions

• Can you cope with not having any support from other teams and working long hours alone?

How well do you cope with company politics?

Are you respectful to your senior managers?
      Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2009.

Interview

3 Interviews and then they put the job on hold. HR interview-very basic. Hiring Manger Interview on the phone-more in depth about an hour, but not behavioral. Then an interview by phone with the VP. After that the job was put on hold, but I assume they would have flown me in for a day interview with the same people and additional colleagues.

Interview Questions

• What was your analytical process for determining success in a test?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in May 2008.

Interview

I was called upon by someone from HR who requested me to attend a 1:1 interview at the HK Disneyland office. She's very courteous and friendly, described in great details how I can find the place as the place in the theme park's not so obvious to visitor.
    I was 5-10 min early, but waited for more than 20mins in the common area where everyone's filling out forms. After I'm instructed to the room, I'd waited for another 20mins before someone actually came in to apologize saying the interviewer's preoccupied. Altogether I'd waited for like almost an hr until the HR manager finally joined me to start off.
    She asked very generic questions in 'broken' English. Seriously, she's hardly eloquent. Sometimes I'm not sure whether she actually understands my answers at all. She seemed to have problems wording her questions.
    The job at hand isn't an entry level job and she doesn't seem to know much about the job nor the hiring department.