Walt Disney Company Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2016

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Burbank, CA).

Interview

First, I was contacted by a recruiter who after screening me, set up 30min phone screen with internal HR. Then I met with a panel of Sr Project Managers who asked detailed questions. Final interview was with the director.

Interview Questions

• What's your favorite Disney Character?
    Define the SDLC process.
    How did you apply critical thinking skills to overcome issue?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone interview by casting, followed by phone interview on member of team. Simple questions, nothing difficult, more of information seeking of what I have done. Overall the people were pleasant and more conversational that 1:1.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Generalized questions. Nothing specific. One person interview with hiring manager. Got the impression that this was a formality to meet the interviewee, and not gauge their capability. The decision was already made before I came in the door. I got the job with very little screening. I had the feeling that it was a revolving door for employment, which it was. Interviewing manager was female. Her staff worked closely with her, so she had to feel it was a good fit. She ran over the duties, and asked if I had questions, and answered them, Parking was validated, and I was told my agency would be notified. I did get the position after one in-person interview at my hiring managers office. Dress conventionally for this location. Nothing too trendy.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Disney? Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orland Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orland Park, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

I started my interview process in January, was offered a job in August and then told that there was an org chart change in November right before I was supposed to move for the job. I interviewed with 2 HR people in LA and 4 people in Florida.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was about how I felt about managing people. When I said I didn't mind, they said well you might have a problem with this job because you won't be managing people. I didn't know if that was a way to see if I would be bothered by this or not. It threw me off.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered the job, got the moving package, and then moved to the salary negotiation. That wasn't any different than anything I have ever been through. They give you a number, you ask for more, you meet in the middle.

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Glendale, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

I have a history doing the type of projects they were looking for, infact the hiring manager had told the recruiter to look for people that had done a similar project at another studio. My resume was clear that I had done the project with the same software they were using but due to the HR system they were using my resume was never even forwarded to the hiring manager. I met her at an industry function at the bar.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for the mouse   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Mumbai (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

My old company was taken over by Disney and I had to go through very strict verification process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate I was given a 16% over my last year's compensation.