Walt Disney Company Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Software Engineer Interview Questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening split into two parts. The first where I was asked Java technical questions and basic concepts such as Overload vs Override, etc. The second part was a little more difficult where I was asked a scenario question for instance what happens if I have a website that is running slow, how can I improve its functionality. It was essentially a trouble shooting question where if this doesn't improve the system what else can be done. In all, it lasted 40 minutes in length.

Interview Questions

• Actual interview was split into 3 parts. The first one was where I was asked behavioral questions. (What's a project where you demonstrated leadership... etc). The second was technical, I was asked an assortment of Java and SQL questions (abstract class vs. interface and indexing within SQL). The third was just a discussion about what was being done and was generally relaxed in nature.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Apply online, followed by a phone screen and then an in person interview in the Seattle office. The in person was done by a few people in charge of different aspects of the internship program.

Interview Questions

• How would you code a linked list in C++? This was followed by several questions regarding how I would extend the idea in given circumstances   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (San Diego, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Only one 1 hour telephonic interview including behavioral and technical questions. Also asked about previous projects and work experience. Interview was taken by 3 people including the Manager. They all were very chilled.

Interview Questions

• One thing they ask for is that you should have ability to learn new things.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Video Conference Call to go over basic technical questions with lead engineer. Very easy, asked about basic technologies like REST and grep and asked basic data structure questions on hashtables, lists, etc. Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially I spoke with a recruiter from Disney who, on two separate occasions forgot to call me for my initial phone interview. After completing the phone interview with the recruiter and another with one of the software engineers they invited me in for an in person interview.

The in person interview lasted approximately 5 hours in which I spoke with about 5-7 different people with experience ranging from 3 weeks to 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse the digits in an integer.   5 Answers
    • How would you design YouTube? Which data structures and database schemas would you use.   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was refered my a friend, and was later contacted by the company's recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen consisted of talking about the position and experience with 3 other engineers. After I was invited to onsite where the interview was split into two one hour blocks. In each hour, there were many team members present asking technical questions. The questions were easy. The last interview was by the VP.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. The first one was with the recruiter to see what my general background and experience was in the field. The recruiter was trying to find out if I was interested in the position, if I was willing to relocate, and what was my salary expectations.

The second phone interview was with the senior engineer on the team that I was being interviewed for. He asked me a series of technical questions. He tested my basic knowledge of some software engineering, operating systems, SQL, data structures, algorithms, Linux, and problem solving skills. Though I was unable to complete all the different questions and topics successfully, he was willing to explain to me anything I missed or didn't know. He was quite helpful in informing me of things I couldn't solve and to help me learn from those problems.

Interview Questions

• In a typical database query, how would you speed up an sql query that consisted of many conditions ANDED (&&) together?   2 Answers
    • In a text document filled with unstructured characters containing certain strings, how would you attain the unique strings in an ordered (alphabetized) list?   1 Answer
    • How would you approach creating a Chess game?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a thread and process?   1 Answer
    • What is the Linux command to check on the CPU resources being utilized by a process?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2011.

Interview

Java core,collection, threads, memory management, OOP, DBA, Spring, Hibernate, Rest WS, Sorting Algorithms, Oracle, Maven, Windows, Linux, create a BTree, Pair Key value, Shell programming, IOS experience, Android development, Python scripts, Design Patterns.

Interview Questions

• What is a MVC design pattern ?   1 Answer