Walt Disney Company Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 10, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Walt Disney Company

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 30 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (United States)

Interview

There was 2 phone screening. Both were behavioral. Second call dived deeper into your technical background, while the first asked about your fit at the company. I would definitely make sure you know your resume front and back!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me more about yourself. Why Disney
    Answer Question
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in Oct 2019

Interview

I had two phone interviews with HR, no technical questions during this phase. Then I scheduled an in person interview at a conference where I had a 30 minute interview, mainly behavioral, with one technical question.

Interview Questions
  • Given an array and a target value, return true if there is a pair of numbers in the array that sum to this target.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canada
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Canada) in Sep 2019

Interview

The interview was for a full-stack SDE position with a team at Disney, in which the team's work has a great impact on the entire company. After an initial on-site interview with a group's manager, I was asked for an on-site panel group interview. The group panel lasted for four hours. I was rejected for two reasons after the interview. The first reason I was told is that my Javascript skill was not as expected. The only Javascript question is about closure. I, however, don't believe the Javascript question could be used to disqualify a full-stack position nor it was the real reason the interviewer who asked the question wanted to reject me. In the panel interview, I felt that their implement was too complicated. So, I said, "it (the implementation) is quite complicated". The interviewer replied, "we need to implement it in the way so that we don't need to be asked what encryption algorithm is used in our APIs". I responded, "JSON Web Tokens (implementation) come with the encryption algorithm information". The interviewer didn't say anything at this point. The real reason the interviewer wanted to reject me, to my understanding, is to prevent someone else come up with a better solution which has a great impact on the entire company. The second reason is that I had expressed a lack of interesting in working on the front end. I scratch my head and try to figure out where this reason came from. The only related situation was that the engineering team manager, who is in his 30's, asked me what area I would like to work on, front end or back end. As a Java engineer, I answered the back end. And I mentioned that I had created beautiful UIs in my previous projects I was proud of my works. How my answer to the question turns into a situation I expressed a lack of interesting in working on the front end? The manager's business conduct shall be examined. S, why he wanted to twist the fact? The real reason, again, is to prevent other people to come up with a better solution, to my belief. During his interview session, he asked me to walk through the design of a pet adoption mobile app from the front end to the back end. On the back end, I wrote a single one line of Spring Data code for searching pets for a given search conduction. And I asked whether they used Spring Data for their data access layer or not. He answered that they used Hibernate. I said, "Spring Data, as a newer technology, is much quicker to write (the data access code)". As a manager of the engineering team, he definitely had the responsibility of selecting Hibernate. He won't feel comfortable if someone else pointed out that the selection is the best one and things could be done much faster. Disney up management might want to take a look at your managers 1) whether they make any decision for the company's benefits or for their benefits while they get paid by the company. 2) whether their business conduct meets the company guideline or not, and whether some of them twist the fact for protecting their benefit, but not the company's benefit.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL)

Interview

The recruiter wasn’t even sure what position she was interviewing me for. I applied for the Professional Tech Internship though. I could barely hear her because she was typing so much anytime I said something. The interview was very robotic and she was definitely (poorly) reading from a script. Not sure on what basis they rejected me. The interview was not a good representation of Disney as the recruiter made no attempts to “sell” me on the position. She didn’t mention intern rate or relocation either.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (United States)

Interview

Technical phone screen followed by an onsite with 5 rounds of interviews (with an additional interviewer from a remote location video conferencing in) and lunch. Each round has 2 interviewers. Coding, system design, behavioral, and diagnosing a production problem. There was significant trouble each round with setting up the video conferencing so they were not well prepared for that. After receiving the offer, the recruiter applied very high pressure to accept quickly, presumably to avoid having to compete against other offers. They set a hard deadline. When presented with a better competing offer, they were unwilling to increase their offer, and reacted unprofessionally by trying to guilt-trip and mislead (exaggerating the annual compensation as if all 4 years of Long Term Incentive cash came at once, rather than vesting in the same year, and insinuating that the other company's offer was less than what it really is).

Interview Questions
  • Behavioral interview involved the typical, going over your past work and motivations
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in Feb 2019

Interview

Once you submit online application, you will get a phone screening with HR, this will go for about 1hr. If you pass this interview, they will call you into their Glendale office and do a face to face/more intense interview process. (Basically, technical questions)

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY) in Feb 2019

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences I've had. It was a video call and the interviewer began by asking irrelevant rapid fire Java questions. Moved on to coderpad interview which involved converting integer to binary representation in string form, check if binary tree is balanced, inorder traversal of binary tree. At one point during the coding part, I saw the interviewer falling asleep. I was shocked. Also recruiter made it clear up front they can not even match the market average in NYC. Stay away

Interview Questions
  • Difference between String Builder and String Buffer, describe observer pattern, explain what a string pool is, convert integer to binary representation in string form, check if binary tree is balanced, inorder traversal of binary tree.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY) in Nov 2018

Interview

There was a phone screen that asked a typical data structures/algorithms. There was then an onsite that had one round of data structures/algorithms and several rounds of what was essentially Java trivia, e.g. spout of the names of some design patterns, but no follow up questions on what they actually do. There was a lunch break where one engineer took me out to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

Interview Questions
  • Name some design patterns. Name classes in Java.util. Write a method to prove a binary tree is symmetric. What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface? What is reactive programming in Java?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (United States)

Interview

Applied online, got a email back inviting me to the phone screening. Did the phone screening, which went well, but it was just crickets afterwards. My recruiter never responded to any emails or phone calls. She emailed me to reschedule our initial phone screen for the next day, and I emailed her back 4 minutes later with times that worked for me. She didn't respond and I had to call her the morning of to ask if the phone interview was going on. I send 2 follow ups and made 2 phone calls. The only response she sent was to a voicemail message. I felt like the process was a waste of time.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Anonymous Employee in India
Application

I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (India)

Interview

3 rounds of interview process with 2 hr or managerial interview and one technical interview the interview was pretty good but a sure tip os that we must be keen and concentrated while answering.

Interview Questions
Share on TwitterShare on WhatsAppShare via Email
Viewing 1 - 10 of 30