Walt Disney Company Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Walt Disney Company

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

There was 2 phone screening. Both were behavioral. Second call dived deeper into your technical background, while the first asked about your fit at the company. I would definitely make sure you know your resume front and back!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL) in October 2019.

Interview

I had two phone interviews with HR, no technical questions during this phase. Then I scheduled an in person interview at a conference where I had a 30 minute interview, mainly behavioral, with one technical question.

Interview Questions

• Given an array and a target value, return true if there is a pair of numbers in the array that sum to this target.   2 Answers

Software Engineer() Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Orlando, FL).

Interview

The recruiter wasn’t even sure what position she was interviewing me for. I applied for the Professional Tech Internship though. I could barely hear her because she was typing so much anytime I said something. The interview was very robotic and she was definitely (poorly) reading from a script. Not sure on what basis they rejected me. The interview was not a good representation of Disney as the recruiter made no attempts to “sell” me on the position. She didn’t mention intern rate or relocation either.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Technical phone screen followed by an onsite with 5 rounds of interviews (with an additional interviewer from a remote location video conferencing in) and lunch. Each round has 2 interviewers. Coding, system design, behavioral, and diagnosing a production problem. There was significant trouble each round with setting up the video conferencing so they were not well prepared for that. After receiving the offer, the recruiter applied very high pressure to accept quickly, presumably to avoid having to compete against other offers. They set a hard deadline. When presented with a better competing offer, they were unwilling to increase their offer, and reacted unprofessionally by trying to guilt-trip and mislead (exaggerating the annual compensation as if all 4 years of Long Term Incentive cash came at once, rather than vesting in the same year, and insinuating that the other company's offer was less than what it really is).

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview involved the typical, going over your past work and motivations   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Once you submit online application, you will get a phone screening with HR, this will go for about 1hr. If you pass this interview, they will call you into their Glendale office and do a face to face/more intense interview process. (Basically, technical questions)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and examples of leadership skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY) in February 2019.

Interview

One of the worst interview experiences I've had. It was a video call and the interviewer began by asking irrelevant rapid fire Java questions. Moved on to coderpad interview which involved converting integer to binary representation in string form, check if binary tree is balanced, inorder traversal of binary tree. At one point during the coding part, I saw the interviewer falling asleep. I was shocked. Also recruiter made it clear up front they can not even match the market average in NYC. Stay away

Interview Questions

• Difference between String Builder and String Buffer, describe observer pattern, explain what a string pool is, convert integer to binary representation in string form, check if binary tree is balanced, inorder traversal of binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

There was a phone screen that asked a typical data structures/algorithms. There was then an onsite that had one round of data structures/algorithms and several rounds of what was essentially Java trivia, e.g. spout of the names of some design patterns, but no follow up questions on what they actually do. There was a lunch break where one engineer took me out to a nearby restaurant for lunch.

Interview Questions

• Name some design patterns. Name classes in Java.util. Write a method to prove a binary tree is symmetric. What's the difference between an abstract class and an interface? What is reactive programming in Java?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Applied online, got a email back inviting me to the phone screening. Did the phone screening, which went well, but it was just crickets afterwards. My recruiter never responded to any emails or phone calls. She emailed me to reschedule our initial phone screen for the next day, and I emailed her back 4 minutes later with times that worked for me. She didn't respond and I had to call her the morning of to ask if the phone interview was going on. I send 2 follow ups and made 2 phone calls. The only response she sent was to a voicemail message. I felt like the process was a waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was asked to install BlueJeans to have a video coding interview with two software engineers at the company. Interviewers were very relaxed, friendly, and supportive. The interview ran longer than expected. When something was wrong with my code, they wanted to debug it instead of telling me to try to debug it. Weird, but it being my first coding interview I froze because I didn't want to intrude. Be ready to communicate well.

Interview Questions

• Remove duplicates from a string   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

It was a thorough interview, I spent about 4 to 5 hours there with multiple teams, from Directors to the team I would work with.
    They assessed my skills as well as my persona compatibility for the team.

Interview Questions

• Did I like videogames and which I played? (This was relevant as this studio develops mobile videogames)   Answer Question