Walt Disney Company Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Walt Disney Company Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Walt Disney Company

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Video Conference Call to go over basic technical questions with lead engineer. Very easy, asked about basic technologies like REST and grep and asked basic data structure questions on hashtables, lists, etc. Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm question was about autocomplete of words given an input string and frequency counts of words.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Walt Disney Company

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in August 2008.

Interview

Standard software development interview process

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in June 2010.

Interview

Interviewed in person. Things seemed to go ok, so I was interested to hear back. However, after the interview I was never contacted by anyone at Disney again. I can live with not getting the job, but for them to not have the courtesy to let me know was just plain unprofessional. My advice is to look elsewhere for a job where you will be treated with more respect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

I had two phone interviews. The first one was with the recruiter to see what my general background and experience was in the field. The recruiter was trying to find out if I was interested in the position, if I was willing to relocate, and what was my salary expectations.

The second phone interview was with the senior engineer on the team that I was being interviewed for. He asked me a series of technical questions. He tested my basic knowledge of some software engineering, operating systems, SQL, data structures, algorithms, Linux, and problem solving skills. Though I was unable to complete all the different questions and topics successfully, he was willing to explain to me anything I missed or didn't know. He was quite helpful in informing me of things I couldn't solve and to help me learn from those problems.

Interview Questions

• In a typical database query, how would you speed up an sql query that consisted of many conditions ANDED (&&) together?   3 Answers
    • In a text document filled with unstructured characters containing certain strings, how would you attain the unique strings in an ordered (alphabetized) list?   1 Answer
    • How would you approach creating a Chess game?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between a thread and process?   1 Answer
    • What is the Linux command to check on the CPU resources being utilized by a process?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Redmond, WA) in September 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with basic C++ knowledge, then in-person interview with 5 people. Some algorithm and programming testing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter after applying on the Disney position for a position of Software Engineer. The recruiter missed calling me 3 times. had to reschedule the call times because of that. After finally conversing with him, I was scheduled for a technical phone interview.

The Engineer had rescheduled the call 5 times citing useless reasons as forgot to call, team lunch got extended, was not notified by the recruiter and so on. None of the reasons were legitimate. Finally, when we got to talk, I cleared the phone screen and was invited for an on-site interview.

The on-site interview was no different. Nobody knew I was scheduled for an interview and had to wait for 75 minutes before anybody could talk to me. The interview went well and I was offered the job. But, following my interview experiences I decided to decline the offer for obvious reasons. Nobody seemed interested in the work and nobody was serious. I would not want to work for such company where the work is NOT serious and NOT organized to any extent.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions were tough. Was asked to write a crawler, implement powerset algorithm, design a an elevator system for a gaming framework.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

Initially I spoke with a recruiter from Disney who, on two separate occasions forgot to call me for my initial phone interview. After completing the phone interview with the recruiter and another with one of the software engineers they invited me in for an in person interview.

The in person interview lasted approximately 5 hours in which I spoke with about 5-7 different people with experience ranging from 3 weeks to 5 years.

Interview Questions

• Write code to reverse the digits in an integer.   5 Answers
    • How would you design YouTube? Which data structures and database schemas would you use.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company in March 2011.

Interview

Java core,collection, threads, memory management, OOP, DBA, Spring, Hibernate, Rest WS, Sorting Algorithms, Oracle, Maven, Windows, Linux, create a BTree, Pair Key value, Shell programming, IOS experience, Android development, Python scripts, Design Patterns.

Interview Questions

• What is a MVC design pattern ?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company.

Interview

Apply online, followed by a phone screen and then an in person interview in the Seattle office. The in person was done by a few people in charge of different aspects of the internship program.

Interview Questions

• How would you code a linked list in C++? This was followed by several questions regarding how I would extend the idea in given circumstances   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Seattle, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was refered my a friend, and was later contacted by the company's recruiter to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen consisted of talking about the position and experience with 3 other engineers. After I was invited to onsite where the interview was split into two one hour blocks. In each hour, there were many team members present asking technical questions. The questions were easy. The last interview was by the VP.