Walt Disney Company Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

2.9

41 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (London, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview at the London office in Hammersmith. The interviewer was 20 minutes late for my appointment, with no explanation why. The interview lasted jusr over an hour. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks after the interview, despite being told I'd hear from them within a few days. When I phoned the internal recruiter to as for feedback, he said the role had been filled.
     Very unproffesional process - expected a lot more from Disney.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Group exercise followed by an interview, then an individual test. Relaxed atmosphere, everyone was really friendly. Be sure to ask the team questions during the lunch hour. Tour around the offices at the end of the day.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest achievement?   1 Answer

Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. Call from HR to go through very simple questions: where do you work, salary expectations, languages you speak etc
    2. Second call from HR to provide you with an overview of the role
    3. Interview with 2 senior lawyers and written exercise

Interview Questions

• Example of a litigation matter you have handled   2 Answers

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Hammersmith, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for the role via the Disney website in mid Dec and heard I was successful for the assessment day at the end of Jan which took place mid Feb.

The assessment day was extremely tiring although fun and rewarding. There were about 30 candidates in total and we were all told to prepare a 3 minute PowerPoint presentation in advance. After the presentations we took part in 5 tests (excel, maths, analytical reasoning, problem solving and attention to detail). There were then opportunities to speak to current interns and the managers of the research department which was very interesting during a 'networking' session. After this, there was a group activity before ending the day with interviews.

Retail Insights Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied by submitting my CV and covering letter. I then had a phone interview with on of the current interns which consisted of 4 basic questions(why Disney, why the role etc), after which I was invited to an assessment day in London. The day consisted of an ice-breaker, a group activity, a presentation of 10 mins(the data and topic for which were given beforehand), an excel test and an interview. Some candidates also had two interviews.

Market Research and Insights Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

The first stage involved applying online, sending in a cv and cover letter and answering a few questions on skills and experiences.

The second stage was an assessment day which involved doing a presentation, maths and excel tests, group task, networking and interview.

All the people at the assessment day were very friendly and they go out their way to make sure you are relaxed and have a positive experience.

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Technical test sent to me to be completed in a week followed by an assessment centre for successful applicants. Technical test was 4 questions, 2 of which I didn't know so had to research and completed to the best of my ability. Other 2 questions were relatively straightforward for me. Overall assessment centre was super relaxed and helped to calm nerves. The whole experience is something I won't be forgetting!

(Marketing) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Ice breaker, Group presentation, lunch break, individual interview (a few rounds), test
    We also had to prepare a 5 mins individual presentation on a marketing campaign

Ice breaker, Group presentation, lunch break , individual interview, test
    We also had to prepare a 5 mins individual presentation on a marketing campaign

Financial Assistant Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for their placement scheme, had the assessment day/interview in February. Whole day was quite enjoyable really doing various tasks, not to do with the job but just how we generally interacted with each other. There was an excel test and then the interview. Overall it was a really relaxing day, we even had lunch in their canteen which was amazing!

Senior Insight Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Walt Disney Company (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied to Disney in December 2016 and had a first round interview in January 2017.

The recruitment process was relatively quick, I had a pre-interview phone call with HR in early January after applying just before Christmas and the first round interview was scheduled for the following week.

I met with who-would-be my Line Manager and Head of the Insights department. Both interviewers were friendly, approachable and represented Disney's culture well (one question they asked was what TV shows I watch!). Their offices in Hammersmith really do represent the Disney brand and promote it to be a good place to work.

Even though it was a first round interview, some of the questions were quite technical and market specific (possibly due to the nature of the role I was applying for), so there were a lot of questions as to where the media industry is moving, what technologies will impact Disney and the industry (such as AI / Virtual Reality), and how can Disney differentiate itself from OTT competitors such as Netflix. It was difficult for me to answer these questions fully and in-detail having had limited exposure to the media industry, it's not really something you can read up on beforehand.

Overall a good interview experience despite not getting an offer. HR gave me constructive feedback via telephone around 2 weeks after the interview. Unfortunately I didn't have the required knowledge of the media industry to proceed but the process wouldn't put me off applyng again in the future.

Interview Questions

• How do you see Disney competing with OTT competitors such as Netflix?   Answer Question