Wargaming.net Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 29, 2017

2.9

Associate DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming.net (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Two phonecalls and an onsite interview with at least 3 different teams. Their office is nice and their interview process was thorough, lots of smart & capable people & a cool company. Communication prior to and after the interview was painful: email response is slow, scheduling and following through on phonecalls was difficult for them, and getting in touch with anyone via the phone is impossible.

Artist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wargaming.net.

Interview

Was a long interview about 4-5 hours long meeting the team. Went through each department head and some questions about my overall knowledge and skills. I was asked some questions about how I would solve certain situations. A few of the artists took me to lunch and we talked about myself and the position as well as trying to get to know each other .Overall a very positive interview experience

Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming.net (Emeryville, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I got a fairly prompt response to my application and was offered a phone interview for the following week. A week later, I was invited to the Emeryville office for an in-person interview. The in-person interview had two phases: a two-person panel interview with department supervisors and a 1-on-1 interview with someone higher up the ladder. A few weeks later, I got a phone call offering me an exempt version of the position.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming.net.

Interview

Thorough, covers a solid amount of your skills and knowledge. Starts with an HR phone screen, followed by a technical phone screen. If you seem like a good fit, you will be invited on site for a full day interview (5 rounds with 1-2 people each).

Interview Questions

• How would you determine the size of a struct?   1 Answer
    • Divide a number by 7 without using division/modulo operators.   2 Answers
    • Open ended:
      How would you design a basic gbuffer for a simple deferred renderer, assuming that you want to have diffused and specular textures on your model?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Process was incredibly slow, took 2-3 months from 1st interview to offer. HR was not very responsive or helpful, poorly managed and structured. Head of HR completely condescending and unprofessional rude during onboarding and negotiation.

Interview Questions

• What relevant experience you have? Provide a presentation on an industry topic.   Answer Question

Junior Market & Industry Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wargaming.net (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took around 2 months. First, I talked to HR for a phone interview. Second round, I was interviewed with direct hiring manager. After the second interview, they gave me the assignment to analyze market trend/business opportunity. Lastly, I was invited to the office for the final interview, I talked with the hiring manager and another three team members.

Interview Questions

• What kind of game genre you'll propose if target on female gamers?   Answer Question
    • Based on your researched and analysis, the marketing team developed a plan and implemented it. However, it turned out the direction was totally wrong. Who do you think should be blamed? You or the marketing department?   Answer Question
    • Overall gaming trend in a specific market   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wargaming.net in May 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with one of the lead developers. The interview lasted 30 minutes and covered data structures and knowledge about general programming concepts. I had completely forgot about heaps (the data structure, not the memory space), but I talked through the process of creating a performant data structure for sorting number.

Interview Questions

• How would you store a collection of numbers so that getting the minimum number is O(1) and inserting new numbers is extremely efficient?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wargaming.net (Emeryville, CA).

Interview

Very unprofessional. Not only did HR fail to deliver meetings at the set times but was all over the place with planning. Office was nice but the employee presentation was awful. Scantly clad pj's seemed to be the norm. Interview room was booked and when we finally went in after 30 minute wait where I sat alone...the place was left with trash and rank body odor. If that was not a deal killer the openness of team trash talking is a kicker. Not worth the drama.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions. Nothing too over the top. But it is strange when they ask your age and down you if you did not play NES games.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming.net.

Interview

First phase is a phone interview. Just to make sure you aren't unstable.

Second phase is an in-person interview. Initially I thought I had to be interviewed by six different people, but by the time I showed up only two people interviewed me. Not a big deal, but that confusion could have been avoided.

During the interview they didn't ask obnoxious questions. Nice and straight forward people. I was asked to "reply" (not actually responding as this was done on paper) to real examples of emails that CSR's get. I was also asked to rate my knowledge on various computer tech ranging from the easy (BSOD) and stuff that was beyond normal knowledge. However, they stressed that the tech. knowledge didn't disqualify me, and they just wanted to know how much I knew.

Interview Questions

• Computer technical issues/problems that are beyond a normal layman's knowledge.   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wargaming.net (Emeryville, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Went through Recruiter and then eventually was called by recruiter for first phone interview. Went well; Eventually went onto in-person interview with two other employees from department in which I was to be hired on(however was informed that I was to speak with more than 3 people initially). After the in-person interview, I was given a test which took approx. 30 minutes to complete. About 4-5 days later, I was informed that I was to be considered to go onto the next step and asked to fill out an application with personal information and references. The following week, I was informed that I was no longer a candidate for the position any longer.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was what makes you better than other candidates for this position?   1 Answer