Warner Bros. Interview Questions in Burbank, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

64 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Received a call for phone screening with Molly and she was very friendly. She then immediately set me up for an interview the next week went to meet with the two department supervisors. It was overall a very pleasing experience with no trouble.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Group interview, mostly discussing customer service an how you would build the perfect employee, then dismissed some people who clearly weren't being hired, kind of awkward to be honest., then one on one chats with managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter that worked for WB that a phone interview was going to be scheduled.

About a week later they set up a phone interview with the person that i would be reporting to. The interview was about 1.5 hours and was very in depth questions about my knowledge and background of the industry for which i was applying and various projects that i've lead. It wasn't only a full walk through of my resume but my experience as it pertained to the job that I was apply for.

After the interview i was told that i would be contacted by the initial recruiters regarding salary, hours etc. The recruiter contacted me and asked how i thought it went. I thought that was weird because she hadn't even spoken to the person that interviewed me first. She asked me for salary requirements and then she said shed let me know if i was selected to partake in the second interview.

I was fortunate enough to be selected for an in person interview at the WB tower in Burbank. I met with the executive director of the department and it was a complete 360 from the first interview. It was very informal, she mostly told me about what the job purpose was, why they needed it and what id be doing specifically. She did ask a few probing questions regarding my experience with certain things but it wasn't so in depth as the first one so I felt confident in answering the way I did. In a way, i felt that they had already made their decision.

Overall it was a good experience but a little backwards when it comes to the recruiters that were involved. The process has taken approx. 2 months since initial application to completion of the second interview. They said that they are looking for someone quickly but their actions are a bit contradictory.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with extracting data and using vlookups, invoicing, data analysis.   Answer Question

Strategic Planning, Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the recruiter who set up an initial phone screen. After that, I was invited to the office for an in-person interview. Met with the recruiter beforehand to discuss format of the interviews and what to expect. After that, I met individually with two directors from the team, one of whom I would report to.

The interview was all fit. Either they decided that I wasn't a fit right away, or they didn't feel the need to grill me on my technical skills. In any case, the conversation with the first director was cordial enough, though he kept bringing up high turnover. The second director, on the other hand, was condescending and was name-dropping high-profile companies that he had an opportunity to interview for. He essentially spent the entire interview talking about what he would do if he were in my shoes instead of asking me questions. Even if I had been given an offer, I probably wouldn't have accepted having to interact with him.

Haven't heard back (guess it's typical for them to go cold turkey) so assuming it's a no.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for a different position and when the recruiter got back to me (about a month after I applied) we set up a phone interview to discuss two different positions that were more relevant to my past internships.
    We scheduled the two interviews for about 1-2 weeks later. I researched both roles extensively! I researched on LinkedIn, company website, press releases, and industry articles. When I went to both interviews the hiring managers were very nice and we had a conversation rather than just me answering questions.

I heard back about two hours after my interviewing with one offer and I heard back the following day for my second offer.
    I chose the internship that I would get a new experience and learn about a department I hadn't been in before.
    The total process went like this: Applied in March, first phone call in April/May, set up interviews in late may and then interviewed in early June.
    Good luck and never stop applying! I have been trying for Warner Bros for over two years.

Associate Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

The interview process took about a month, the initial screening, a phone interview with the Producer, and then an in person interview with all the teams I would have been working with.

Clerk Floater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First there is a phone screen where they make sure you meet the qualifications and will ask you a couple general questions. If they like you, you will be invited to a group interview at WB.

There were about 50 applicants there. You do some ice breakers then each person must do a 1 minute 'audition' in front of everyone as if you were a tour guide (even though you aren't going to be hired as a guide). After the audition, you split up into groups and do a little situational activity which you present to the room. The managers are evaluating you throughout the process, and while you break for lunch, they deliberate.

After lunch, they will call out people for one-on-one interviews (these are the people they are unsure about). While this is happening, the remaining people do a Q&A with a couple current tour guides.

After they have either sent home or accepted the one-on-one interview people, they announce the next step, which is the background check. After you fill out the stuff for the background check, you go home! My group, they hired a TON.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Warner Brothers? (during phone screen)   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, it is 11.50/hr

Clerk Floater, Studio Tour (Seasonal) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for the Clerk Floater, Studio Tour (Seasonal) position online. I was contacted via e-mail by one of Warner Brothers recruiters. The e-mail explained a bit about the position such as requiring a driver’s license, and that the Studio Tour operation is open 7-days a week.

The rep asked that I reply ASAP to schedule a phone interview. I did, and I had a phone screening/interview within the same day.

The recruiter told me what to expect at the position etc. She then asked if I was available to attend their Studio Tour Assessment Center. I told her yes. She then told me what to expect, and that I should know what my favorite Warner Brothers movie or television program is. She stated that there was an audition at the assessment center. She also stated that I would receive a confirmation e-mail along with another e-mail with a link to fill out an application.

The assessment center is essentially an all-day event from 9am to about 3pm. They provided water bottles and Danish pastries for breakfast. You sit around tables with approximately eight people per table in a giant meeting room. The following segments occur:

1. Introductions: You ask the person sitting next to you a series of questions such as what is their name and what their favorite WB movie is. You both then introduce each other to the entire room of applicants.

2. Audition: You have to do a ONE MINUTE max presentation about a current or past WB movie or TV show that is shooting at a sound stage. Basically you are supposed to act like you are presenting info about a WB movie or TV show to a tour group. They do call out time when the minute is over. If you won't stop talking they will keep calling out that your time is up, which happened multiple times. There are over 50 people so they can't give each one more than a minute to present.

3. Group Activity: Next you switch tables so you can sit with new people, and then you do a group presentation. They give each table a different customer service issue involving the tour, and then you and your group write out answers on a giant presentation sticky, and then each member of the group speaks about a different point in front of the room.

4. Lunch: Mexican food was provided along with canned drinks.

5. Tour Guide Presentation: A couple of current tour guides in their uniforms did a presentation about what it is like to be a tour guide. They also answered questions that applicants had.

6. One-on-one Interview: The one-on-one interviews seemed to be for the people who management seemed to be on the fence about. Someone would come into the room during the tour guide presentation and pick people out, and then they would leave the room. Very few applicants were called out for a one on one.

7. Background: Everyone who remained in the room was tentatively hired. Groups were taken into what appeared to be a computer training room to fill out background information. Once that was completed, you were free to go home. We were told that we would be contacted if we passed the background check.

The recruiter stated over the phone that full time hours aren’t guaranteed but the tour guides during their presentation said that if the season is busy that it was possible to get 40 hours. The recruiter also stated that seasonal clerks ARE NOT guaranteed to be hired on after the season is over.

I would say that there were roughly 50-60 applicants give or take, and yes some of them were actors (don’t know how many) or TV/film majors etc. Unfortunately, we weren’t taken on the actual Warner Brothers Studio Tour.

Interview Questions

• Is $11.50 per hour OK (phone interview)?   Answer Question
    • Do you have a driver’s license (phone interview)?   Answer Question
    • The position is unionized and union dues are required. Is that OK with you (phone interview)?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is non-negotiable because the position is unionized and set at $11.50 per hour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Screening interview, in person. Came in, and was blown off about 5 minutes in. I didn't even have a chance to sell myself - I guess they immediately weren't feeling it. Position apparently didn't actually exist but was to gather recruiting intel. Could've accomplished the same result with a phone screening interview. Got my hopes up for nothing.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (Burbank, CA).

Interview

the worst interview process ever. first rounds, fine. after visiting office and meeting the team, recruiter reaches out and asks to set up an additional interview two days afterwards via skype. the interview was YAWNING profusely. did not even care to cover her mouth. so rude. would not have accepted anyway.