Warner Bros. Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Brief interview to get to know how you fit in with the team, lasted about 10-15 minutes, questions were basically going over CV and how your experience aligns with the position

International TV Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

A lot of questions and forms to fill out online prior to the interview process. Was very happy to get one, it was a video one, not telephone though ! You only get a minute to think about your answer which I find is too little. I panicked and failed a few questions so make sure you prepare well

Interview Questions

• Why WB, why should we hire you, what make a successful marketing campaign these sort of questions. Make sure you read the news, watch a lot of TV and are aware of current shows and films because that's where they got me !   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

One-way video interview from home. You are sent a link by email to an online video recording platform. The process is timed. You are shown about five questions. For each question, you are given 1 minute to think how to reply. Then you are given 30 seconds to record an answer.

Marketing Services Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through the official gov apprenticeship website, heard back mid December and was invited in for an assessment day in early February at the Holborn studios.

Despite the prestigious reputation, I was glad to find the assessment day to be fairly informal. Roughly 20 people attended the day.

The day consisted of participating in an ice breaker challenge, followed by a group activity to select appropriate celebrity's to endorse a film soon to be released. Next was a proof reading test, followed by lunch time, and after lunch an announcement is made as to who is invited for a face to face interview the same afternoon, or notified if you have been unsuccessful.

Overall, the assessment day was a great way to bounce off of other people's ideas and produce some great work, but with such a large group and such little amount of assessors, I truly believe it's impossible to give everyone a fair chance with this kind of 'interview'.

Instead, perhaps the employer could spend a little longer shortlisting applicants who they really want to see and the reduce the size of the group to half, in order to give everyone an equal opportunity at seeing their potential.

Ultimately, it was a calm environment and lovely staff... A brilliant opportunity. Good luck to anyone who's through to the next process!

Creative Services and Film Trade Marketing & TV Franchises Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

If you haven't been to an assessment day before then it is scarier than everyone else says. We started by having to introduce ourselves in front of everyone (+ the managers&executives) and basically had to sell ourself. Then in film we had a speed dating session where they asked questions like 'what type of biscuit would you be'.

After this we watched the current interns do a presentation about their work with some little video clips. For Film we then watched a recent trailer and had 30min in allocated groups to present our marketing plan. For TV we had to build to POS stands, complete a questionnaire and present a marketing plan for an upcoming TV launch. (Personally this is not a good judge of character - we all share ideas within a group but it seems to be that you are basically competing against the others in your team).

Then we had lunch, this is when you 'mingle' - this is a vital part of the day. I felt as though they are just looking for people they would get along with or are obsessed with TV/film. You should be yourself but don't let people over speak you because they will get the interview and you will go home.

After lunch out of 20 of us 6 stayed and all the rest were told to go home. No feedback at all.

Human Resources Industrial Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially, you have to fill in a fairly extensive application form with lots of questions such as 'What do you hope to gain from this placement?' and 'What do you think is your greatest achievement to date?'

I did not hear back for 2 months (I applied in November, and received a response in January.)

Following this, there was a one-way video interview (pre-recorded questions) that could be completed any time within 3 days. This included questions such as 'what is your favourite Warner Bros film and why?' 'why Warner Bros?' and 'What are your strengths and weaknesses?' Which only took a total of 15 minutes to complete. There were six questions.

Within a couple of days, I heard that I had got a place at the assessment centre. There were 14 of us being assessed for this particular role, and the dress code was smart (boys in suits, girls in dresses/ smart skirt/ smart trousers - a cardigan was fine, no need for a blazer). One of the assessors said it is good to wear something that will make you stand out, ie don't wear all black.

The assessment day is split into two sections, and I was sent home at lunch time (only four people made it to the afternoon session). It was VERY relaxed and welcoming there, and even as someone who finds these situations nerve-wracking, I was definitely put at ease by how friendly the recruiters were. We had two presentation style activities to complete. The first was an 'ice-breaker' where we got in pairs and played 'two truths and a lie' as well as learning a little about the person next to you. The second was an activity where we had to choose from a pool of celebrities over who we want to promote a new film coming out. (30 mins prep time in a group of 4/5). In between these two activities, we had a presentation from the recruiter/ current placement student which was followed by a Q&A (make sure to ask a question!)

After this, we had a buffet lunch (which was yummy!) and had time to mingle with the assessors and other people from within the department. I really want to stress that this part is important - if you ever find yourself sitting by yourself then make sure to get up and mingle with the current employees. This will make you look proactive and interested in learning more.

I believe the afternoon session included an 'individual exercise' (I think this may have been some sort of excel/ personality test by the sounds of it) and also individual interviews. I cannot be sure though, as I was obviously sent home after lunch.

Definitely don't be too cocky (or equally not too quiet) - pretty much just be yourself and if you happen to be what they're looking for then great! If not, don't take it personally- many people who I thought performed well were also unsuccessful so it is really hard to tell exactly what they're looking for. Don't try and put on a show.

Overall it was a really enjoyable morning/ lunch and I would recommend just being relaxed and enjoying the activities - then it just seems like an added bonus if you do happen to get through :)

Film Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was an assessment day and was told in advance that it would contain a group activity and an ice breaker.
    Worst experience of my life. Went in and was made to do a test, im severely dyspraxic and dyslexic and just felt like obviously I havent got it already. Didnt feel like I could explain the struggles as it was something they wanted you to have. But timed under pressure and couldnt read it as I didnt have my overlays was utter crap.
    It broke my confidence for the rest of the day and was no surprise at lunch I didnt get in.
    After the test we stood up in front of everyone asking "ice breaker questions" on the spot, because I was still fretting about the test I panicked.
    But there was also no chance to speak to any of the people viewing as they had made up their mind straight away.

I just felt that my SLD's shouldnt have blocked my chance and it would have been nice if they looked gave you a chance to actually shine.

Interview Questions

• What Warner Bros Character would you be?   2 Answers

Legal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1st stage - 2 panel interviews.

2nd stage - Presentation and another panel interview with senior staff. Written test.

1st stage was friendlier than the second stage. Interviewers explained their roles within the company and encouraged me to ask questions.

There was a gap of several months following the initial online application. Once the first stage could place it went a lot more quickly. About 2 weeks after the 1st stage, the 2nd stage took place.

Interview Questions

• why warner bros?
      why the role?   1 Answer

Brand Assurance Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and relaxed interview with HR and a manager. The interview focused on previous experience and skills that could be beneficial for the role and on reasons for applying.
    They also ask for detailed examples on circumstances where problem solving and critical thinking skills had to be used.
    Overall a good experience.

Retail Operations and Planning Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Warner Bros. (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online in January, completing online questions which they had set. I then received an email a month later stating I had an assessment centre the 16th March 2016.