Warner Bros. Records Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 11, 2017

2.1

Publicity Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Warner Bros. Records (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

First, I received a call from the college recruiters. Conversation lasted 15-20 minutes and was told they would pass my resume along. Within a couple days, I got an email for an interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Warner Bros. Records (Burbank, CA).

Interview

Applied online. Got an one-to-one personal interview after 14 days. The process went through smoothly. The interviewer was nice and polite. Basically most questions about introducing yourself and knowing your background.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Warner Bros. Records (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed in office a few weeks later. The interview was friendly and straightforward. The setting was very casual and I was asked basic questions about my resume and music preferences. I was offered the position a few weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Warner Bros. Records (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

I was recommended by my friend, so the interview was extremely casual. I was offered the intern role during the phone interview. The entire process was really just a screening. This foreshadowed what the experience would be like. They don't care much about the interns probably because interns are easily replaceable to WBR.

Interview Questions

• Why the music industry?
      Why marketing?
      Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Promotion Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Warner Bros. Records.

Interview

I received an email from HR to set up an interview for the position. I'm certain that because I knew someone, that's the reason I got this opportunity.

After entering the hiring manager's office, he was obviously busy. Had me wait several minutes before starting the interview. He told me about the job then asked what he needed to know about me. After giving a brief overview, the was the end of the interview. Literally took 5 minutes. He seemed way too overwhelmed with work to give full attention for an interview.

Video Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Warner Bros. Records (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

I had a total of two phone interviews, where I talked about my experience and interest in the industry and specifically about why I would like to become an intern in video marketing at Warner Bros. Very casual and no technical questions.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Warner Bros. Records (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I was referred by a friend and met with the Marketing Assistant I would be working with. The interview was a casual, low key conversation about my goals, past experience and taste in music. Overall and very smooth process.

Field Marketing Representative (WEA) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Warner Bros. Records (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

The original interview process was very laid back and the hiring manager (Mickey) was great and very easy to talk to. Once hired he was also a great manager to work for.

Interview Questions

• Describe a promotion that you implemented and if it was a success or not, and if not a success then how could it have been made better?   Answer Question
    • What kind of music was I into and do I appreciate many types of music.   Answer Question

Procurement Placement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Warner Bros. Records.

Interview

I was invited to an assessment center where we were required to look at celebrities to be invited to a promotional event. We were required to work in teams and we were watched throughout the duration of the assessment.

Interview Questions

• They asked about willingness to move to London for the duration of the placement.
      They asked for things I knew about Warner Brothers.
      They asked why I thought I was good for the role.   Answer Question