WarnerMedia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WarnerMedia (Parsippany, NJ) in June 2010.

Interview

I applied for a position as an internal candidate, and had worked closely with my interviewers in the past. The people that work in the company are intelligent, savvy, knowledgeable, and professional. The culture of the marketing department is young and trendy. I interviewed with 2 managers, and a senior manager. I have not yet heard back regarding the position, but it has only been one week. I would offer advice of being prepared for situational/behavioral questions. For example, if the magazine you were working on is thinking about increasing the price, how would you go about deciding on implementing the price increase?

Interview Questions

• How would you determine if you should increase the cover price of a particular magazine?   1 Answer
    • Why are you interested in marketing?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a time when you implemented a promotion, how did you research it and make the decision?   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WarnerMedia (Burbank, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

I was called in the evening and they wanted to fix a phone interview. The guy first didn't even tell me where is he calling from (I had to ask him later). So we fixed a date.
    That day he called me late by 15-20 mins from the fixed time and then we talked for about 15 mins about my education and projects. The guy was good to talk with and it went well. He told me that he will call me back on Monday to let me know about acceptance/ reject.

I kept on waiting and he never called on Monday. Its been more then 10 days now and I still didn't hear anything from them. I have acknowledged it as reject however they should at least call me back to let me know. Or even email me. The guy didn't even email me regarding interview and I have no way to call them back. I tried calling back on the number he called me from however the system says "Number doesn't exist"!!

Overall, it wasn't a nice experience.

IT Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WarnerMedia (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

I found this position online and was excited because I had relevant magazine publishing experience. The HR person was very upbeat and positive. The scheduled an interview and when I got there I found that it was only more HR I was meeting with. The HR interview process was extensive. Thought it went well, next step was to meet with magazine business lead.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WarnerMedia (New York, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview was very intense. They asked a lot of questions about how well I know the media and entertainment industry and how my past experience will assist with this job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WarnerMedia (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

There were three interview rounds conducted over the phone because I was not in-state (they were flexible and accommodating with this): first a phone screening with the program manager, then an interview with the program director followed by a final interview with the vice president.

Interview Questions

• How your passion aligned with the job role   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WarnerMedia in September 2013.

Interview

Very friendly interviews. Had first round with a manager in the group followed by several with other managers/directors followed by a lunch with what would be my peers. Mostly the interview was a description of what I've done with work/school and where my interests lie. Also touched on why Time Warner and what I can bring to the table that others might not.

Interview Questions

• Not much in the way of unexpected questions. Had the typical "hard to answer" one of what is your greatest weakness but had practiced what I would say in that instance and came away feeling great about it.   Answer Question

Senior Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WarnerMedia (Herndon, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

The whole process was extremely slow and I found the hiring manager to be indecisive. I had initially applied to an advertised position on Indeed.com and received an email from a recruiter approximately one week later indicating he would like to perform an initial phone screen. After speaking with the recruiter I was asked to hold another phone call with the hiring manager. Two weeks into the process I had my phone interview with the hiring manager (which went well) but at the end of the call was informed that I would not receive any feedback for at least two weeks as he was going on vacation for one week and then would be traveling on business the following week. Finally after a month into the process I received another email from an HR coordinator asking for my availability to come into the Herndon office for a face-to-face final interview with a couple of key stakeholders. I agreed and the next week went to their office where I ended up meeting with the hiring manager for all of 35 minutes and was informed the other person I were to meet with called out sick for this day. Also, I was informed this was not the “final” interview as I was led to believe but that I would have to come back again to speak with some more folks. This would also not occur for an additional two weeks due to more business travel on their end. Finally, two months into the process I received a canned email stating the position would not be filled at this time due to internal budgeting constraints. What a big waste of time and a complete hassle for no decision.

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WarnerMedia (Greensboro, NC) in June 2011.

Interview

Met with HR , then supervisor then Manger, then offer

Interview Questions

• what does DNS stand for and what does it do   2 Answers

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WarnerMedia (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Process began with a 30 minute phone screen with HR. Got a call the next week to schedule the in person interview with the group. Had a full day of interviews with 4 team members -Managers -Director.

Interview question consisted of some technical questions and then behavioral questions:

Walk me through your resume and highlight the relevant areas that should be brought to my attention as it pertains to the job description
    Have you created an audit work program from scratch and what did that entail
    How did you deal with conflict with clients and with your team
    Why are you interested in our company and why do you want to leave yours
    Why do you think that you will be a good fit here
    Describe a time that you had a set back at work and how did you overcome it
    What will you differently if you have those same issues now that you have the benefit of hindsight

Interview Questions

• walk me through the process of conducting a risk assessment as well as planning an audit from start to completion   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for us and also leave your firm   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, was told there was no room for negotiation, however before formal offer was given, HR requested to know what range i was looking for. The low end of the range was offered....however important to note that a request for current salary was not made

Sales Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WarnerMedia (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Interview process required a total of 3 interviews

First interview with recruiter
    Second interview with management
    Third interview with upper management

During the last interview, you were required to make a training manual and facilitate for interviewee

Interview Questions

• What do you consider to be one of your strengthens
      What do you consider to be an area of opportunity for yourself
      Do you feel you are someone that likes to work with minimum or maximum supervision   Answer Question