Washington Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington Department of Corrections Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2017

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tumwater, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Tumwater, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a panel interview with three interviewers all of which will be asking questions one at a time and taking extensive notes. When you begin to answer one of their questions prepare to be staring at the tops of their heads for the duration of your response as they jot down what you're saying. The interview was very impersonal all with scripted questions in typical government fashion no real ability to establish a rapport.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the Correctional Industries philosophy?   1 Answer

Office Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Connell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Connell, WA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of a four person panel. There was a sheet of paper for the interviewee with the questions on it. You could answer in whatever order you wanted. Before the interview, there was a series of 5 tests to do. If you scored well enough on the tests, then you got an interview. All in all, everyone was very nice and professional and did a good job of keeping in contact during the process.

Non Custody Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Monroe, WA).

Interview

Panel interview with set questions.....easy process. If you have anything that will be disclosed on your criminal record you need to ensure that you disclose it during this process because if you do not it will automatically disqualify you.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weaknesses
      Knowledge of job?
      Scenario questions   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections.

Interview

3 person panel. All questions off of a script. They will never deviate from this script and will not ask to to elaborate any of your answers. All WA State employee interviews are similar. They are very impersonal and robotic to keep everything fair and unbiased. There will ALWAYS be at least 1 - 3 questions on diversity and inclusiveness.

Interview Questions

• Our Department values inclusiveness and diversity. How would you promote diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize tasks in a chaotic atmosphere in the office?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond if you had a disagreement with a co-worker or a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our Department?   Answer Question

Lead Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Everett, WA) in May 2016.

Interview

Panel of 3 asked questions on a sheet of paper in front of everyone. They absolutely don't deviate from these questions. They read questions aloud, I answered and they write. Lasted approximately 40 minutes. I was told they would be in touch with me. No one ever got 'in touch' with me. Guessing they chose a different candidate other than myself.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a conflict with a co-worker or a supervisor?   Answer Question

Public Disclosure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Olympia, WA) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview was with a three person panel consisting of the managers from each department or area that this position would be directly working with. The interview was done at a table in a small room, and nothing about it felt intimidating or overwhelming. I was given a list of questions I was to be asked, and as I answered the questions the interviewers wrote down my responses on copies of the same paper they gave me (so all of us had the same sheet). The interview was short, about 30min or less.

I was told I would hear from them in a week or two. I was told a few weeks later that the decision was "put on hold," then a few weeks after that I received notice that "efforts to fill this position have been discontinued." I do not know if I should interpret that as "we didn't choose you" or not, but they didn't say anything other than that. All email communication was through an HR representative not associated with the people I interviewed with. I had no direct contact with them.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to work on a project with multiple people across multiple departments or areas   Answer Question

ITS V Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tumwater, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Tumwater, WA) in December 2015.

Interview

Interviewed for Senior position in team. There are one on one questions in the interview panel of 3. They mainly concentrated on my Resume and Previous Job, my Technical and Expertise and How do you handle work stress level (HR Related) of previous job

Interview Questions

• 1) What is your previous role,
      2) What is you most difficult task and how do you handle the following situation.
      3) Approximately 10-12 technical questions related to position.
      4) How do handle work stress level.   Answer Question

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Olympia, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview team was very serious - few smiles. The interview questions were on the table in front of me and the 4 panelists rotated asking questions. They told me up front that I only had 45 minutes and there was another interview after mine so they had to stay on schedule.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation where I influenced someone.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections in October 2015.

Interview

Panel of 4, based on round robin questionnaire all based on high level scenarios. Each question based on how well and accurate your answer matched theirs. Interview lasted 45 to one hour, with opportunity to question panel members.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know Microsoft DNS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

State based

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections in September 2015.

Interview

Was called by head of department if still interested in position about 2 weeks after interview. Panel board interview of 5 about 3 weeks after applying. All people involved were friendly and personable. Offered position a week after interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions relevant to position, technical in nature but not specific. How comfortable would you be performing your job duties around prisoners? Very easy questions, considering they have personal background investigators.   Answer Question