Washington Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington Department of Corrections Interview Questions

Interviews at Washington Department of Corrections

2.8

Sort:

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections.

Interview

The hiring process from start to finish is very quick. Interview process was very easy. The interview process was done with two non uniformed employees. The interview itself was not stressful whatsoever, just make sure to match how your past experience can relate to the job itself.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation when you had a disagreement with a superior and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections in January 2017.

Interview

It was great! Interview team was very professional, I feel they were helpful in answering all my questions. Good benefits, great co workers, pay could be better. Many opportunities for advancement

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tumwater, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Tumwater, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

In-person following an automated resume application process; then on to a panel of either relevant management or team members to who you are applying to join; if the interview score you receive is a tie with another candidate a second or even third round may be called. If your interview is in management you can almost always expect a 2nd interview of mid-level or executive level management conducting another round of questions (based more on interpersonal and professional skills).

Interview Questions

• What do you consider one of your best strengths and worst weakness?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections in September 2015.

Interview

Was called by head of department if still interested in position about 2 weeks after interview. Panel board interview of 5 about 3 weeks after applying. All people involved were friendly and personable. Offered position a week after interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions relevant to position, technical in nature but not specific. How comfortable would you be performing your job duties around prisoners? Very easy questions, considering they have personal background investigators.   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tumwater, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Tumwater, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

This was a panel interview with three interviewers all of which will be asking questions one at a time and taking extensive notes. When you begin to answer one of their questions prepare to be staring at the tops of their heads for the duration of your response as they jot down what you're saying. The interview was very impersonal all with scripted questions in typical government fashion no real ability to establish a rapport.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about the Correctional Industries philosophy?   1 Answer

Human Resources Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Olympia, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview team was very serious - few smiles. The interview questions were on the table in front of me and the 4 panelists rotated asking questions. They told me up front that I only had 45 minutes and there was another interview after mine so they had to stay on schedule.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe a situation where I influenced someone.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections in January 2018.

Interview

Applied and about a month later I received a call for an interview. The interview was with a panel. They have a script that they are not permitted to deviate from, but you can ask questions. Not long after the interview they were starting to check references etc., then offer was made and I accepted. For me the process all went pretty quickly, but from what I understand that is not normal and the process usually takes much longer.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections.

Interview

3 person panel. All questions off of a script. They will never deviate from this script and will not ask to to elaborate any of your answers. All WA State employee interviews are similar. They are very impersonal and robotic to keep everything fair and unbiased. There will ALWAYS be at least 1 - 3 questions on diversity and inclusiveness.

Interview Questions

• Our Department values inclusiveness and diversity. How would you promote diversity in the workplace?   Answer Question
    • How do you prioritize tasks in a chaotic atmosphere in the office?   Answer Question
    • How would you respond if you had a disagreement with a co-worker or a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about our Department?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections in October 2015.

Interview

Panel of 4, based on round robin questionnaire all based on high level scenarios. Each question based on how well and accurate your answer matched theirs. Interview lasted 45 to one hour, with opportunity to question panel members.

Interview Questions

• How well do you know Microsoft DNS?   1 Answer

Negotiation

State based

Community Corrections Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Longview, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Department of Corrections (Longview, WA) in January 2008.

Interview

An application is submitted on-line, and then scored to ensure you meet the minimum qualifications for the job. Once you pass that selection process, you will be notified by phone and/or e-mail of an interview. The interview will most likely take place in front of a panel of three or four people in the office, including the unit supervisor. You will be asked exactly the same number of questions and the exact same questions as the other candidates. After the interview, you will usually be given an approximate date to expect a response.

Interview Questions

• Perhaps the most surprising interview question wasn't a question at all. After a break between two questions, one of the panel members appeared to become increasingly agitated by one of my answers. He began yelling at me, telling me I was "ignorant" and the answer was "ridiculous." He rose from his chair shouting to the other panel members to have me removed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is a state position and the pay scale has been determined through negotiations between the agency and the department management. There is no negotiating your salary.