Washington Department of Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Washington Department of Health

3.1

Chemist 2 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Health (Seattle, WA) in December 2020.

Interview

Straight-forward and short set of questions from an online panel. Members took turns asking questions. The questions themselves were standardized (same were asked to each interviewee). Heard back within a couple of working days. Originally interviewed for a different Chemist 2 position, but was hired on for this one after a follow-up interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a conflict with a coworker or supervisor.   Answer Question
    • Would you be willing and able to be a member of a radiation emergency response team?   Answer Question
    • Describe your experience working with chemical reagents, including allergens, and under hot and cold conditions.   Answer Question

Covid-19 Contact Tracer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Health (Tacoma, WA) in December 2020.

Interview

15 minute phone interview. She asked which position I interested in and why I thought I was qualified. We talked about the schedule and the location of the offices. It was really upbeat. She seemed to think I would be hired within a few days. However, I never heard anything back and later emails I sent were never answered.

Interview Questions

• What gives you the qualifications for this job? This is a 3 month contract, are you okay with this? Can you travel to Tacoma?   Answer Question

Investigator Interview

Interview

3 person panel. Very intimidating. Be prepared to walk into a tough crowd. They did introduction and what they do but one gal kept giving me the stink eye because i talk with my hands

Interview Questions

• What would you do if someone you know has bad morals in their professional practice. How would you handle the investigation.   1 Answer

Epidemiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tumwater, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Department of Health (Tumwater, WA) in July 2019.

Interview

Met with team lead, team member, and another epidemiologist on another team. Questions were good, provoked thoughtful response (no questions such as, what is one word to describe...). Was a great interview process, they had their questions to assess me and I was encouraged to ask questions which allowed me to assess the role/team I would be joining.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about two past projects and your contributions in those projects. For the first project tell us about one that had a deliverable for a lay non-epi audience. For the second project, pick one that showcases your advanced epi skills.   Answer Question

Epidemiologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreline, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Department of Health (Shoreline, WA) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied on line, after 3 or 4 weeks, I heard back about an interview. It went quickly from there, my interview was about 2 days after hearing back. The in-person interview was about one hour, expect 3 or 4 panelists. They provided a print-out of the job description and all of the questions they asked, so no surprises!

Interview Questions

• They focused on technical qualifications (in my case, statistical software skills) and subject matter knowledge. You will want to show you understand the focus area of the position. Other questions were standard ("Describe a time something went well at work" comes to mind). I ended up getting another interview for a different position as a result of this single application.   Answer Question

Hearings Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Health (Olympia, WA).

Interview

Round table interview with four members of the department, each asked a question that was from a script. Very standard questions that were pre-determined. Then a period for questions at the end.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress, how do you handle completing multiple tasks at once, how would you handle a situation where your superior/boss gives you instructions that you disagree with, can you describe a time when you worked with someone difficult?   Answer Question

Epidemiologist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tumwater, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Health (Tumwater, WA).

Interview

It was a 45 min interview with four interviewers in which a graphic of something I had presented was emailed to them prior to the interview. I just had this interview, so I have not heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself   1 Answer
    • Outline the steps you would take to develop an evaluation agenda   1 Answer
    • List statistical software used and your level of proficiency   1 Answer

ITS II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Health in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview lasted 30 minutes, it was a panel of three people asking you questions back to back. They wanted to hear your stories and use of SAR statements on your responses.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself incorporating your career until now and future plans in 2 - 3 minutes response.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had a disagreement with your colleague on a technique position, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Environmental Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Department of Health (Olympia, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a phone interview, supplemental questions after phone interview, video interview (was a finalist) and a second, followup phone call. A week later was told they went with another candidate. Process took approximately 2 months. Staff was very professional and a pleasure to interview with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to give constructive criticism? How did the person take it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you disagreed with your boss? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe your ideal work environment and how you work to build that atmosphere?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Washington Department of Health.

Interview

Panel Interview with 5 people that centered around what my experience was and how I was qualified to conduct the job I applied for. It was very relaxed and humorous at times. Their main concern is how or if you can fit into the current team that is working there.