Washington Department of Revenue Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington Department of Revenue Interview Questions

3.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington Department of Revenue

Revenue Auditor I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Washington Department of Revenue.

Interview

Very lengthy interview... 32 questions and over 2 hours long! However, the interviewing panel was friendly, and genuine and while the questions were many, they did not throw a lot of weird behavioral questions at me ... most questions were relevant to the job, or to get a feel for what work style I have. All in all I would rate it a very positive experience, I felt comfortable and confident and I also felt they wanted me to be comfortable rather than feeling like I was in the hot seat.

Interview Questions

• You are auditing an established business owned by an older couple that has always been honest and made every effort to ensure their taxes and financials were in order. You discover a discrepancy that may financially devastate them. How will you break this news to them?   Answer Question

Excise Tax Examiner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tumwater, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Department of Revenue (Tumwater, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

There was a skill test and a 3 man panel that asked you behavioral questions. Then they asked simulation based questions to gauge how you would prioritize your duties at work.

Programmer ITS I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Washington Department of Revenue (Olympia, WA) in June 2012.

Interview

I was introduced to the organization at my university's career fair and was giving information about the programmer position. I sent a follow up email after the fair and was contacted shortly after to schedule an interview. It was a panel interview with the team (3 interviewers) and was very structured w/ no more than 10 questions. All questions touched on past school/work experience and the use of specific technologies/ programming languages. The overall interview was relaxed and the team was friendly. After the interview (2-3 hours later) I received a call in regards to a second round of interviews. The second interview was with the team lead and CIO. It was scheduled for 1 hour. Questions were similar to the first interview. They asked me to give examples of times when I had difficulties with customers, examples of C++ projects... typical interview questions that I had practiced for and answered w/ ease. It was also at this point where the CIO brought up the background/criminal record check. I also had the opportunity to ask questions throughout both interviews, as a result, they were more like conversations. A couple days after the second interview (interviewed on Friday and received a call the following Monday) I received a call from the team lead offering the position. I asked if there was room for negotiation in regards to the starting salary. She said that she'd get back to me; ultimately, negotiation was not an option. In the end, I accepted the offer because the position related to my major (management information systems), the exceptional benefits, and it's a solid first job right out of school.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a team member you didn't like? How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. How did you handle this situation?   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer to work individually or on a team?   Answer Question

REVENUE AUDITOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington Department of Revenue (Bothell, WA) in August 2010.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was contacted shortly thereafter for an interview. The interview consisted of a group/panel and each interviewer asked approximately two questions. The process was very structured and seemed to be on a time constraint as a I saw another interviewee arriving when I was leaving.

Overall the people were nice, but the starting salary was not as desirable as it could be considering the area. The original job listing gave a very broad salary range, which actually included the salary for more experienced auditors, which is not the position that was listed. So it was a bit frustrating not to have received accurate information prior to the interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when somebody had a problem understanding something, and how you went about explaining it to them.   Answer Question