Washington Federal Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

Washington Federal Interview Questions

Updated Dec 28, 2017

2.1

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Washington Federal.

Interview

They sit you down and ask you questions according to the job. The managers also want to get to know you, so do not be afraid to speak. When I was interviewed, it was more of a formal introduction; since I had transferred from a former WaFd, which also was a former BOA.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Federal (Seattle, WA).

Interview

First It's a phone interview and it happened in the afternoon I was surprised I got this interview. Second It come with some basic questions and the one on the phone talked pretty quickly. It seems that she's going to get off work. Although they declined me in the end, I still appreciate the chance.

Interview Questions

• including as followings:
      1- why join our company?
      2- what makes you fit for this job?
      3- What's you expectation for pay?   Answer Question

Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington Federal (Salem, OR) in August 2016.

Interview

The hiring and interview process started with a phone screen, then a 3 hour interview with the DM who would later be my boss, then a "panel" interview with to other BM's, then another phone screen from another BM.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have, describe your strengths...   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Washington Federal (Lakewood, WA) in April 2016.

Interview

I sent my resume to a family friend who was an employee of WAFD within an hour I had a call from the local HR and we immediately began a phone interview with about 5 questions in regards to my qualities. Within the next hour I was having a second phone interview with the branch manager of the location I was interested in. An interview was scheduled for later the same week. The interview was easy and mostly a briefing on Washington federal and its history. I was asked to call back the next day if I was still interested. So I did, and a drug test was scheduled for the following Monday (interview was a Friday). I heard back by Tuesday and set my first day of hire.

Csr1 Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Federal (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Applied off Craigslist. HR called the next day. Set up interview at the corporate office. Then sent to branch to interview with Mgr and Supervisor. I was offered the job that afternoon. The pay was not negotiable. I had to wait a year for my first raise which was only $25 and I was told it would be $100

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I would handle situations. What I knew about the company. If I knew about IRAs. If I had experience with older clients.   Answer Question

Banker/Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Washington Federal (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

person to person, submit application, get call and there are only two people that do the interviews. HR is only there to do paperwork and have no other involvement.

Interview

Interview was fairly easy. Initially HR called me and explained the position in detail and when I expressed my concern about the wage, even she admitted that the pay was unfortunately very low. When I met with my interviewer, she told me I got the job right on the spot. Another interviewier didn't really ask me any questions, it was more like was I capable of doing the job. This company doesn't present the image that they are very selective about who they hire and seem to just want a warm body to get someone in there.There is no personality test, just a drug, credit, and background check. They also don't hire smokers, including cigarette smokers that test for nicotine. Anybody, literally, can get this job, it's that easy.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington Federal.

Interview

I applied online and was emailed a day later for a phone screener. I was asked basic interview questions but the position pays way less(up to 10k) than its counterparts at other companies so I cut the interview short.

Interview Questions

I declined a second interview because the salary was much, much lower than what a supervisor should (and does at other banks) make.

Service Desk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Washington Federal (Seattle, WA) in November 2015.

Interview

I worked at a consulting company at the time so they set up the interview for me. I had a Skype interview with the representative from the consulting agency that was in charge of staffing Washington Federal. The in-person interview was only with one person and he asked me for a general description about myself and my experience, and also a couple of basic IT questions. The interview took about 15-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• If somebody called and said that they can't get on the internet, what would be the first thing that you?   1 Answer

Floating Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Everett, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington Federal (Everett, WA) in October 2015.

Interview

Began with telephone interview where I the HR representative inquired about my work history and experience. After that, I was called in for a one on one interview with a branch manager. The interview was quick and straight-forward; the interviewing manager asked about what I thought good customer service was, how I handled stress, and where I wanted to be in the company long-term. The only confusion was that the interview took place in a location not relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most stressful customer service interaction you have ever had and how did it turn out? How do you feel you handled the interaction?   Answer Question