Washington Mutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington Mutual Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Mutual.

Interview

It was a pretty laid back process. I had banking experience so that helped in the DeNovo market. I would eventually accept and move on to greater things at WaMu.

Desktop Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington Mutual.

Interview

It was a panel interview style, with higher manager, manager, and another tech. Each person asked a question from a list of questions. It was your typical interview panel process.

Manager Interview

Interview

Seven interviews over the course of one day. Met with hiring manager and various team members and head of group. They did not provide lunch. They did not try to trick you with trick questions. They asked questions that were relevant to the position.

Interview Questions

• I was given a quant quiz covering aspects of simulation. I was asked about software I had used in the past.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

Got an email back from Northwestern one week after applying. Went to the downtown office for an in person interview (behavioral).

Interview Questions

• It's the typical behavioral interview eg. describe a situation where you had to show leadership and how you achieved it.   Answer Question

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Mutual (Orange, CA).

Interview

Really easy interview. More like an orientation / background of the company. It seemed like they already decided to hire me even before I stepped into the building.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember. Not a lot of questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It wasn't difficult. They didn't low ball me and I wasn't greedy. We pretty much agreed on a salary immediately.

Operational Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Washington Mutual (Seattle, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

first you'd meet with HR to discuss about your skills and interest and then meet with the management for an in-person interview. they do not ask you trick questions. overall experiences are very positive and the process took about 2 weeks.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Mutual.

Interview

Easy as pie. The recruiter found me resume on Monster. He gave me a call for a brief screening. A couple days latter had an in person interview with the hiring manger and to future coworkers. Days late I was offered and expected the job and began days later (was unemployed at the time).

Interview Questions

• Can remember as it was years ago, but do remember one. Preference: UNIX or Windows? I said UNIX, guess that was the right answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Straight forward. Salary offered was higher than target salary.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Washington Mutual (Newport Beach, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through university website. received a call back very promptly. went in for an interview. the entire process was 1 hour, mostly filled with "fit" questions about personality, goals, etc. Nothing complicated. Asked to make a 5min power point presentation due upon my 2nd interview which they scheduled then an there.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington Mutual (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

Group setting with a presentation. Then they asked everyone to introduce themselves to the group, talk about your experience and personality. After the group setting you waited for your turn for a one on one interview in another office. Then wait for a call back if they are interested.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know about personality traits and experiences, strengths and weaknesses. Why do you want this job?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington Mutual (Washington, DC) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty informal. They just basically want to see if you are well spoken and if you are sociable. At the end of the day, you are the one who controls your own destiny in the job. They are not investing that much money into you, as the base salary is quite low and it is you who controls your own destiny in the job. They did ask very cliche and traditional questions such as what I thought "my greatest weakness" was. Unfortunately, I also think they are wondering if you have access to people with money (or at least people with earning potential.)

Interview Questions

I am not interested in Sales.