Washington State Auditors Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington State Auditors Interview Questions

3.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington State Auditors

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Washington State Auditors.

Interview

The interview was not too stressful. It was a group interview where they asked questions from a list. They each went around the table and asked a different question. Everyone was very nice and welcoming. There was also a written essay part that I took first, before the in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time I as not able to meet a deadline, and how I handled that situation.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Auditors.

Interview

Interview involved discussion about work experience and education. Specific questions about how I would handle situations and specifics question about governmental accounting. Flexible schedules were discussed.

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennewick, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Washington State Auditors (Kennewick, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

I met the manager and assistant manager, and they both interviewed me at the same time. They read off of their notes, asking me questions about my future and current goals. They then asked me how I thought I might benefit from working at the auditor's office, and how that could tie into my future goals.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal in accounting?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington State Auditors (Spokane, WA) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by two management personnel, about 30 minutes, very friendly and seemed to be interested in your responses. They asked me more questions from the responses I gave them, wanted to know more about myself. More like a conversation. They make you feel comfortable and not intimidated.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Auditors in December 2014.

Interview

The interview was conducted by four agency employees; one regional director and three audit managers. After introducing each of the interviewers, they started asking their questions: tell about yourself, describe what does the agency do, how did your previous academic and professional experience prepared you for the position, etc., followed by few behavioral questions. Finally, after about 40 minutes of talking, they asked me to complete a 30 minutes writing assessment test comprised of only two questions. Overall, the tone of the interview was friendly, but very professional.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a chance to explain a complex idea/concept to a general public and were you successful in that?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington State Auditors (Tacoma, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

I was interviewed almost immediately approximately 2 days after I applied.

During the interviews, I was given a thorough understanding of the work the state auditor's office performs, the expectations of those that worked there and the ability to ask any and all questions I had about the opportunities available. Most of the auditors I interviewed with gave me their contact information and strongly encouraged me to call or email with any questions I had.

After my 2nd interview (during interviews I met all assistant audit managers and the audit manager) I was offered a job by the team's audit manager.

Interview Questions

• Provide examples of how you handled difficult situations with those you worked with   1 Answer

Negotiation

Upfront, You know the salary range and benefits when you apply so there is no surprises there. The only negotiation I had was when I would start, they respected my giving 2 weeks notice to the job I left but communicated if I could start earlier they would welcome that too.

Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington State Auditors (Yakima, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

All managers for region sit in on interview. Ask a lot of the same questions several times by different managers. A lot of questions on organizational skills, multi tasking, auditing experience.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Low pay

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington State Auditors (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Interview is conducted using behavioral questions. Best to use the STAR method of answering. Be on time, do research on what they do before the interview - you will be asked if you know what they do. They have a website - don't say that you couldn't find any information. Dress professionally - not trendy, and, for women, no low-cut blouses. Look your questioner in the eye and answer the question that was asked. Don't try to BS the interviewers - after all they are auditors and fraud investigators. They know how to interview people and can tell when you are trying to manipulate them.

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of a situation in which you successfully managed your time on multiple projects?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It is a set salary.