Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services

2.8
HardAverageEasy
Found 71 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Steilacoom, WA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (Steilacoom, WA)

Interview

I filled out an exam after applying. Then I had a phone interview (covid) with a full team. List of questions I had to answer. I felt good about it. Apparently, you are supposed to get the questions a couple days before the interview. I got nothing! Then I was given a tour. Drove to McNeil Island, took a ferry to the island, then a bus to the facility. I waited OVER an hour for a tour, never met anyone in my field. Tour guide told me if I got to the island I was a shoe in. Then I had another phone interview with the director. I felt good about it. I waited a few days and was told no. The worst part was waiting for an hour in the lobby sweating like crazy! Had to be 75 or more.

Interview Questions
  • We are not allowed to disclose that.🤷🏻‍♀️
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

Interview

two to four panel of interviewees. not that long of an interview process but decision may take a month. Not never racking but interview go pretty smooth when conducted. Good overall

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (United States)

Interview

As I entered the building, I was met by admin and immediately escorted to the conference room. I walked in to a small, overstuffed conference room that probably had never been vacuumed or dusted since it's last update in the 1960's, so of course my eyes welled up and my face turned hivey blotchy and I couldn't breathe. Right then I began to consider at what point I was going to bail, how was I going to explain it, etc. So, when I had to slide against a dirty, dusty back wall to get behind the tightly penned conference chairs who objected to their preservation and use as much as I did, I started the stopwatch app on my cell phone mentally giving myself ten minutes to abort or call for an ambulance. I swore I had walked into cobwebs as I chose a chair, wrestled it away from the table, won the chair without injury, exhaled gloriously (thanks yoga!) and perched on the edge of my winnings. By the time I checked my hair for spiders and settled my briefcase, they peppered me with questions all at once, with one gal outright accusing me of being late. (I wasn't, her peers corrected her, IN FRONT OF ME. I was about twenty minutes early according to the email I had printed out in my hand, as well as in my inbox, as it had all of the specific instructions for how to get to the office, where to park, etc.). I had no idea this was the interview panel. None. I thought we were all there for the same position! I guess the Admin got me confused with a no-show candidate? I don't know. No one really explained that or apologized. Oh, except me, of course. Then I was wondering why I was the one apologizing, because I didn't do anything wrong. It was a whole big thing. I was very confused about how this was/wasn't handled. Needless to say, at that point I was done and just wanted to leave. There was no way I wanted to throw my hat in the ring with this crowd. They were fighty and rude and obviously didn't care what their work environment was. Too polite to cause a stir, I went through the interview at breakneck speed, remained polite but totally tanked it, and left as soon as I politely could. Absolute disaster. Hives for days. Lied to HR at the follow up for I don't know why reasons.

Interview Questions
  • The standard kinds of questions.
Application

Interview

Because of COVID, the interview took place over Skype. They provided me with the questions they would ask prior to the meeting. The interview itself was just various people asking the questions in order. It was incredibly dry and the hiring manager made no effort to sell the position or make any kind of personal connection. Later, got an update with ALL THE OTHER CANDIDATES COPIED ON THE EMAIL.

Interview Questions
  • Standard behavioral questions asking for examples of when you had a challenge or your ideal work.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (Olympia, WA) in Mar 2020

Interview

The interview invite came at the date previously indicated. My questions before the interview were adequately answered. Finding the interview location was a bit hard and I almost got late for the interview. The interview was very relaxed and engaging and consisted a 4 people panel. Lots of writing by the interviewers but lots of engagement too. It was one of my best interviews in terms of panel engagement. Their response time after the interview was spot on!

Interview Questions
  • Describe why you are the best candidate for the role
Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (Seattle, WA) in Feb 2020

Interview

Greeted with an interview panel of 5 people. Each individual took a turn reading pre-determined questions from a paper and writing my responses. Fairly standard questions. No curve balls throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Name your strengths and weaknesses.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (Vancouver, WA) in Jan 2020

Interview

Panel of 3 people, very stoic and dry. The questions all pertained to how you would respond to different scenarios on the job. There was no reactions from any of the people so I left not knowing how it went at all.

Interview Questions
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (United States)

Interview

Panel interview, a dozen questions. Just relax and maybe try a bit of witty banter in between questions. Panel members spend most of the time writing your responses down so eye contact is limited.

Interview Questions
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (United States)

Interview

Applied online and heard back within 3 days for an interview. Interviewed by a supervisor and employee. They explained the training process and asked 15-20 basic interview questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (United States)

Interview

There was not an interview, but a preliminary math test. The instructions left by the personnel specialist was misleading. It gave directions to the back entrance. I made the mistake of following the directions and was met by a hostile manager asking why I was loitering in the back. I presented the instructions given to me. He replied with a curt, "come on." I was embarrassed when he went to the front counter talking with one of the representatives and barked at me, "come here." Feeling demoralized, I decided the job was not for me. I'll benefit society more with my current job as an educator. The management I dealt with was too disorganized.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with an angry customer?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 71 Interviews

Work at Washington State Department of Social and Health Services? Share Your Experiences

Washington State Department of Social and Health Services logo