Washington State Health Care Authority Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2020

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Washington State Health Care Authority

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington State Health Care Authority

Found 5 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Washington State Health Care Authority (United States)

Interview

Large panel of potential supervisors, relatively disorganized as they weren't sure which 'department' the position would be supporting. Not a huge deal but the room was extremely warm for some reason (several people in the panel took off their cardigans) so it seemed like I was nervous and sweating.

Interview Questions
  • What is your favorite part about being an administrative assistant?
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Health Care Authority (United States)

Interview

Interviewed with a panel of 5 people from the division. It took about an hour and they went around asking questions of a sheet. It was the only interview and I heard back within a few days.

Interview Questions
  • They had a list of typical interview questions (describe a time when...).
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington State Health Care Authority (United States)

Interview

I applied online and then had a phone screen followed by a panel Skype interview. The Skype interview took about an hour and the questions are emailed to you as the interview starts. There was a poor connection throughout the process, which sucked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Olympia, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Health Care Authority (Olympia, WA) in Oct 2016

Interview

I met Mark Sullivan at the WA State Veteran Employee Resource Group (VERG) and he emailed me this job posting on Sep. 7th, 2016. The position was scheduled to close on Sep. 21st, 2016. I applied for the job online at careers.wa.gov on Sep. 15th, 2016. On Sep. 27th, 2016, I received an email from from Ryan Dahlstrom (HR Consultant 3) to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled for Sep. 29th, 2016. The day before the interview, I called and asked Ryan how many direct reports are for this position and who the hiring manager was. Did the phone interview on Sep. 29th, and was informed to expect a panel interview shortly. On Oct. 4th, I received an email from Ryan to schedule a panel interview. I did for Oct. 17th, at 2pm. On the same day, I scheduled a mock panel interview with my career case manager at Goodwill for Oct. 7th, 2016, to prepare for actual panel interview. I did the mock panel interview and felt prepared. On Oct. 10th, I called Ryan and asked him for the panel members names, titles, and for an organizational chart. He sent them on the same day. On Oct. 16th, I did a recon of the drive, parking lot, and HCA building location. On Oct. 17th, I deliberately arrived in the public parking lot at 12:30pm when I expected it fairly open due to employees at lunch. It was a good call because by 1:30pm, the parking lot was full. From 12:30pm to 1:25pm, I reviewed my preparation notes in my vehicle. I entered the building at 1:30pm with my messenger bag I carried like a briefcase and met the receptionist. I informed her I was here for an interview and she had me sign in and gave me a badge. At 1:50pm, someone came out to where I was sitting to inform me that the panel needed 5 more minutes to assemble. At 1:55pm, I was escorted to the top floor into the interview room. The interview room was a small conference room that was outfitted with VTC capabilities. It was a fairly dark room with 1 or 2 ceiling flood lights. The panel members were already seated on one side of a round table. As I was meeting everyone and shaking their hands, I matched everyone's name with their background and/or picture I found on them from LinkedIn and FB. This made it easier for me during the interview to understand why that particular person asked me the interview question and for me to address them at their knowledge level. I took my seat at the opposite side of the round table facing them. I noticed a microphone hanging from the ceiling and made a joke "Is this recorded and where is the camera." They laughed which seemed to break up the mood. As I sat down and retrieved my portfolio from my messenger bag, I noticed a piece of paper in front of me with 6 interview questions. I did a panel interview with Amy Blondin (HCA's Communications Director), Laura Zaichkin (Dep. Chief Policy Officer), Laura Blaske (Public Awareness and Emergency Communications), Jon Brumbach (Sr. Policy Analyst), and Ryan. At the end of the interview, I asked if I could have the paper with questions and they said no because they didn't want me to pass them on to anyone. The panel told me I should know something this week (Oct. 17-21) and definitely by next week. At the end of the interview, I shook hands with everyone and thanked them for their time. Ryan escorted me out to the lobby. He asked me how I felt. I told him I feel pretty good, but could use a drink of water. I had a cold with a cough, but no runny nose or fever. Ryan told me that they tried to put me under some pressure, but I was so calm and confident that it was hard to do so. I asked him how he thought I did. He stated, "you did exactly how I think you would do," which really told me he wasn't going to tell me. He went on to tell me that if selected for the job, I would either meet with the Director of HCA or the Chief Policy Director of HCA. As he left me in the lobby, he told me that even if I didn't get selected to keep in touch because he could definitely see me in the HCA in the future. I went back to my vehicle, pulled out thank you cards, and wrote one to each person on the panel. I put my personal networking card in each envelope. I returned to the lobby and asked the receptionist to please deliver them. I left the parking lot at 2:57pm, so I estimate the entire interview took about 45mins which was what it was scheduled for. On Oct. 21st, I called Ryan and left a VM. At 7pm, on Friday, Oct. 21st, I received an email from Amy Blondin stating the panel chose another candidate who had more experience in health care policy.

Interview Questions
Washington State Health Care Authority
Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State Health Care Authority (Olympia, WA) in May 2015

Interview

friendly people, welcoming attitude, panel of 8 to 10 people, called me for a phone screen followed by a personal interview that included a skills test, followed by a 2nd interview with the department manager and executive manager. I was hired soon after.

Interview Questions
  • what was it about the position that made you apply