Washington State University Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington State University Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in May 2015.

Interview

Easy interviewing process as they needed a graduate student to fill the position pretty quickly. Interviewed with teaching staff. I was offered the job on the spot, and was very happy to receive it after being concerned about getting a goo graduate teaching position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Washington State University

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington State University (Spokane, WA).

Interview

Required about a year of nursing experience. They are almost always short on graduate TAs in their nursing program. Tuition waiver covers all in-state tuition for each semester employed. I expressed interest in the TA position to the director of undergraduate nursing and they were happy to take me on as a teaching assistant, virtually no questions asked beyond ensuring I had at least a year of nursing experience.

Interview Questions

• Must maintain full-time status to maintain TA status. There were no interview questions, I was hired solely because of my status as grad student and 2+ years of nursing experience. Because of the lax requirements for becoming a TA, many graduate teaching assistants were severely unfit for their teaching roles.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation for my TA position. 20 hours per week earned me a full tuition waiver plus minimal health and dental insurance.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington State University.

Interview

Apply on December and got offer on April

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Pullman, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington State University (Pullman, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is based on your relationship with faculty.

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, WA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington State University (Vancouver, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Simple questions