Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 12, 2017

2.5

Water Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by three managers/employees at once. They alternated asking questions but were not organized and lost track of which questions they were going to ask (kind of distracting but still okay). Two of the three interviews had strong accents but one was particularly difficult to understand especially with the technical questions being asked. I had to repeatedly ask them to repeat the questions because of this.

Interview Questions

• "People are not always pleasant customers on the phone and do not agree with our solutions. Is this something you can handle? How?   Answer Question

Senior Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online at the commission and got a phone call from the hiring manager after about 10 days. He asked me why i was interested to join the commission. i gave my reasons and he seemed satisfied with my answer. After that he set up a face to face interview and sent me the would be panelists name through email.

Interview Questions

• Basically, they asked me my past design experience.
      1. Did you have large main pipe design experience?
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview

I was away at school, so we did a phone interview. It was a panel with no more than 4 people on the other end. After introducing themselves, they gave a little note from HR that they have x number of questions that they'll ask, and that they can't elaborate on them but that they can repeat them.

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Panel of 3 interviewers. Standardized questions in 2 parts: technical and behavioral with little to no elaboration. A hardcopy of the questions was handed to me in advance. Each panel member took a turn asking a question. It appeared that extensive documentation was made of the answers. I could ask questions of the panel members at the end.

Interview Questions

• A typical day is filled with many interruptions. What do you do to keep your priorities in order and your projects on task?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard, there were 3 members who sat around and asked different questions about me and my job experience. I had no problems and it was a fairly easy process. The people that interviewed me were great, and got me really excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one skill do you think a good project manager should have?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD).

Interview

Phone interview first which is about 30 minutes with hiring supervisor, then onsite interview with hiring manager almost 2 weeks after phone interview. Got the offer almost 4 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Three reason why I should hire you?
      What projects are you doing recently at school?
      Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people, both super nice! I interviewed on a Wednesday, got offered the position that following Monday. They started by telling me about the company & current projects then asked me basic questions. At the end they asked if I had any. The interview was very relaxed & conversational as opposed to stressful.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and the interviewers were nice. They asked about 7 basic questions and then asked if I had any questions. Be prepared to answer questions about your background, and it might be a good idea to research the company thoroughly (current projects) before you sit down. It took awhile for them to get back to me, but I was glad they did eventually.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you feel you bring to the table, what are some things that interest you about WSSC, Tell us about yourself   1 Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

it was just couple of rounds of interview. in the first round, it was more technical stuff and very high level. in the second round, it was all HR related and more discussions were on my previous salary

IV&V Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Primary Manager didn't have time to stay for all the interview. It was clear they had already decided on someone else. Another interviewer asked usual questions, nothing unexpected. But they wanted a known persona, who would not rock the boat of the bureaucracy there, yet who could handle difficult managers resistant to quality improvements. A tough combination. Never heard any more in spite of the promise not to leave me hanging.