Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD).

Interview

Four people, boring and very dry. Asked questions that no electrician or electrical engineer would know off the top of their head, one would have to lookup the question in the NEC.

Interview Questions

• Where did you obtain your training?   1 Answer

Water Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Silver Spring, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by three managers/employees at once. They alternated asking questions but were not organized and lost track of which questions they were going to ask (kind of distracting but still okay). Two of the three interviews had strong accents but one was particularly difficult to understand especially with the technical questions being asked. I had to repeatedly ask them to repeat the questions because of this.

Interview Questions

• "People are not always pleasant customers on the phone and do not agree with our solutions. Is this something you can handle? How?   Answer Question

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Panel of 3 interviewers. Standardized questions in 2 parts: technical and behavioral with little to no elaboration. A hardcopy of the questions was handed to me in advance. Each panel member took a turn asking a question. It appeared that extensive documentation was made of the answers. I could ask questions of the panel members at the end.

Interview Questions

• A typical day is filled with many interruptions. What do you do to keep your priorities in order and your projects on task?   Answer Question

IV&V Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Primary Manager didn't have time to stay for all the interview. It was clear they had already decided on someone else. Another interviewer asked usual questions, nothing unexpected. But they wanted a known persona, who would not rock the boat of the bureaucracy there, yet who could handle difficult managers resistant to quality improvements. A tough combination. Never heard any more in spite of the promise not to leave me hanging.

Senior IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume on company web site. Got a very polite negative response email within 48 hours. This clear, timely feedback was very refreshing.

I have worked here on contract and found the employees to be competent and friendly. Management generally has clear and well articulated goals and procedures.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Was invited for interview within two weeks of application. Within one week of first interview, was invited for second interview as a finalist for position. The interview process and all communications were extremely professional, as were the interview panelists. Time allotment for the interviews was communicated upfront. Questions were directly relevant to the position. Consistent questions for all interviewees; panel took notes.

Interview Questions

• Did you exceed self-expectations in your current position? An unexpected question, but a good one.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview

Other writers reflect my experience; hiring at WSSC is exceptionally slow, think MONTHS not days. And lots of silence. If you are interested in a job soon, skip WSSC.
    Further, my sense is that WSSC may have been threatened with legal action at some point regarding their hiring as the process is EXCEPTIONALLY methodical, documented, observed, and detailed.
    I was interviewed by four technical specialists with an HR observer in the room. They had a list of 15 technical questions in my engineering field, and wouldn't give any context beyond repeating the question. Each of the panelists wrote down impressions regarding my answers to every question. It wasn't a conversation, it was more like a test. Followed with five 'personality' questions, like "tell me about a time when you faced a tough challenge, etc." nothing out of bounds.

Interview Questions

• One question included an two-letter abbreviation that could have had multiple meanings and the interviewer couldn't clarify.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process for one of the summer internships at WSSC was fairly painless. After sending in your online application (which is very short and simple), HR contacts you about scheduling an interview. If you are selected for an interview, you tell them what time you are available. All interviews for all of their internships are scheduled on a single day, but you can probably discuss it and reschedule if you can't make it on that day. When you arrive, you're directed to the interview room, and you sign in with HR. Then you wait with the other interviewees, until HR calls you to your interview. You get interviewed in the same large room that all other interviewees get interviewed in, so it can be a bit loud and distracting. That said, the questions they ask you are very typical (Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to join WSSC? What will you bring to the company?). The interviewers are very friendly and uncritical; they're expecting unpracticed students. After your interview, WSSC contacts you within about a month about the decision.

I thought the whole process was fairly simple and very professional.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to our office?   1 Answer