Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission

IV&V Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in July 2014.

Interview

Primary Manager didn't have time to stay for all the interview. It was clear they had already decided on someone else. Another interviewer asked usual questions, nothing unexpected. But they wanted a known persona, who would not rock the boat of the bureaucracy there, yet who could handle difficult managers resistant to quality improvements. A tough combination. Never heard any more in spite of the promise not to leave me hanging.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission in December 2010.

Interview

The hiring process is cumbersome, expensive for the applicant, and counterproductive for the company. The interviewers ask standard questions and are not forthcoming about engaging the applicant in dialog.

Interview Questions

• To write a WBS for a multimillion dollar project in 30 minutes.   1 Answer
    • Facilitate a meeting with argumentative people in 20 minutes.   1 Answer

Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

Panel of 3 interviewers. Standardized questions in 2 parts: technical and behavioral with little to no elaboration. A hardcopy of the questions was handed to me in advance. Each panel member took a turn asking a question. It appeared that extensive documentation was made of the answers. I could ask questions of the panel members at the end.

Interview Questions

• A typical day is filled with many interruptions. What do you do to keep your priorities in order and your projects on task?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone Interview with basic behavioral questions. The interviewer acts laid back but it is not laid back. It's kind of going over your resume and what things you have done and what yo have accomplished. Also what you're good at and how it applies to the job

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Was invited for interview within two weeks of application. Within one week of first interview, was invited for second interview as a finalist for position. The interview process and all communications were extremely professional, as were the interview panelists. Time allotment for the interviews was communicated upfront. Questions were directly relevant to the position. Consistent questions for all interviewees; panel took notes.

Interview Questions

• Did you exceed self-expectations in your current position? An unexpected question, but a good one.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview

Other writers reflect my experience; hiring at WSSC is exceptionally slow, think MONTHS not days. And lots of silence. If you are interested in a job soon, skip WSSC.
    Further, my sense is that WSSC may have been threatened with legal action at some point regarding their hiring as the process is EXCEPTIONALLY methodical, documented, observed, and detailed.
    I was interviewed by four technical specialists with an HR observer in the room. They had a list of 15 technical questions in my engineering field, and wouldn't give any context beyond repeating the question. Each of the panelists wrote down impressions regarding my answers to every question. It wasn't a conversation, it was more like a test. Followed with five 'personality' questions, like "tell me about a time when you faced a tough challenge, etc." nothing out of bounds.

Interview Questions

• One question included an two-letter abbreviation that could have had multiple meanings and the interviewer couldn't clarify.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview

Three interviews following 4 month initial application submission.

Several cancellations on part of employer due to last minute emergencies - not unusual for "government-sector" platform environment.

Company website is best-face marketing - as it should be - but not reflective of operations. Interview stakeholders, Read news articles, press and other reviews for balanced indicators.

Interview Questions

• What is the worse job experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview

I was away at school, so we did a phone interview. It was a panel with no more than 4 people on the other end. After introducing themselves, they gave a little note from HR that they have x number of questions that they'll ask, and that they can't elaborate on them but that they can repeat them.

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard, there were 3 members who sat around and asked different questions about me and my job experience. I had no problems and it was a fairly easy process. The people that interviewed me were great, and got me really excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one skill do you think a good project manager should have?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people, both super nice! I interviewed on a Wednesday, got offered the position that following Monday. They started by telling me about the company & current projects then asked me basic questions. At the end they asked if I had any. The interview was very relaxed & conversational as opposed to stressful.