Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission

Senior IT Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume on company web site. Got a very polite negative response email within 48 hours. This clear, timely feedback was very refreshing.

I have worked here on contract and found the employees to be competent and friendly. Management generally has clear and well articulated goals and procedures.

Summer Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission in March 2011.

Interview

The interview process for one of the summer internships at WSSC was fairly painless. After sending in your online application (which is very short and simple), HR contacts you about scheduling an interview. If you are selected for an interview, you tell them what time you are available. All interviews for all of their internships are scheduled on a single day, but you can probably discuss it and reschedule if you can't make it on that day. When you arrive, you're directed to the interview room, and you sign in with HR. Then you wait with the other interviewees, until HR calls you to your interview. You get interviewed in the same large room that all other interviewees get interviewed in, so it can be a bit loud and distracting. That said, the questions they ask you are very typical (Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to join WSSC? What will you bring to the company?). The interviewers are very friendly and uncritical; they're expecting unpracticed students. After your interview, WSSC contacts you within about a month about the decision.

I thought the whole process was fairly simple and very professional.

Interview Questions

• What will you bring to our office?   1 Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied for a regular FT job and an internship. I was contacted for an interview for the internship position. I sat with the HR manager who interviewed me and asked me very basic questions. After I left, I was contacted about an hour later and offered the job. I was asked to come back that day to sign my offer letters. I didn't receive the salary I expected but it was a summer internship so it was only for a moment.

Interview Questions

• All of the questions were typical.
      What do you expect to get out of the internship?
      Why do you want this internship?
      Tell me about yourself.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview Process I was a part of had the supervisor of my internship plus the people I would be working with on a daily basis. They asked me a list of questions that were very open ended and conceptual. I found the interview to be very low pressure and very open. It was not an interview where they saw how you reacted under pressure, more just they wanted to know what kind of worker you were and if you had the skills they desired.

Interview Questions

• I think if I recall correctly one was asking about our strengths.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview

The interview process was very relaxed and the interviewers were nice. They asked about 7 basic questions and then asked if I had any questions. Be prepared to answer questions about your background, and it might be a good idea to research the company thoroughly (current projects) before you sit down. It took awhile for them to get back to me, but I was glad they did eventually.

Interview Questions

• What qualifications do you feel you bring to the table, what are some things that interest you about WSSC, Tell us about yourself   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD).

Interview

Phone interview first which is about 30 minutes with hiring supervisor, then onsite interview with hiring manager almost 2 weeks after phone interview. Got the offer almost 4 weeks after that.

Interview Questions

• Three reason why I should hire you?
      What projects are you doing recently at school?
      Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 people, both super nice! I interviewed on a Wednesday, got offered the position that following Monday. They started by telling me about the company & current projects then asked me basic questions. At the end they asked if I had any. The interview was very relaxed & conversational as opposed to stressful.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Laurel, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission (Laurel, MD) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty standard, there were 3 members who sat around and asked different questions about me and my job experience. I had no problems and it was a fairly easy process. The people that interviewed me were great, and got me really excited to work for the company.

Interview Questions

• What is one skill do you think a good project manager should have?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview

I was away at school, so we did a phone interview. It was a panel with no more than 4 people on the other end. After introducing themselves, they gave a little note from HR that they have x number of questions that they'll ask, and that they can't elaborate on them but that they can repeat them.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission.

Interview

Three interviews following 4 month initial application submission.

Several cancellations on part of employer due to last minute emergencies - not unusual for "government-sector" platform environment.

Company website is best-face marketing - as it should be - but not reflective of operations. Interview stakeholders, Read news articles, press and other reviews for balanced indicators.

Interview Questions

• What is the worse job experience and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Great.