Washington University in St. Louis Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2017.

Interview

Was emailed by a physician for a phone interview three days after I applied online. Had the phone interview two days later after being contacted. Set up an in person interview on the phone at the end of the phone interview for the following week.

Research Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Laid-back, conversational interview which took place on the WashU medical school campus. This interview, just like the few others I've had, was fairly non-threatening and easy going. However, this particular interviewer asked me a few questions that I was ill-prepared for (questions regarding statistical analyses, etc.). In my experience, all of the interviewers were quite friendly, but I would be wary about those that don't at least grill you slightly on specific attributes about working in their lab, because they are most likely not as serious about the interview as you are.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail your previous research experience   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with both common and higher-powered statistical analyses, and explain what they are used for/how they are performed   Answer Question
    • Do you have any experience/familiarity with various computer software or coding? If so, explain.   Answer Question

Interview

It varies from lab to lab. In my lab, generally the candidate meets with PI and other persons one on one. He presents his work to group. Meets with some collaborators. The questions are blend of science and general non-science questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a very specific problem, which the lab was facing from a year.   Answer Question

Senior Research Technician Interview

Interview

Somewhat informal interview filled with garbage questions taken straight off an HR "What to ask your interview candidate" site. Didn't ask questions about my skills, didn't describe job, didn't ask if I had questions. I haven't yet heard back if I got the job, but I don't imagine that I did.

Research Lab/Tech Interview

Interview

Very informal interview process due to networking opportunity; Best suggestion for wanting a position at this institution is for you to network with key grant holders. The traditional methods of applying for a job here is very slim. Its better to network with someone already established at the institution rather going through the traditional method.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

They seemed to just give me the job. However, then there wasn't enough work for me. The post-doc and graduate student who interviewed me were very nice. I didn't feel nervous. I just came into the office and they asked me to talk about myself. There was nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this lab? Talk about prior experiences.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening in which the Project Coordinator seemed as though she was going through a checklist of qualifications and skills to see if I was a match. The second interview required me to meet with the Project Coordinator and Evaluation Lead to discuss the same qualifications and skills. There weren't too many "tell me about a time when..." questions, even though I was prepared to answer them. I tried to incorporate them into my answers, though.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your experience with customer service?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager about the research assistant job in an engineering lab. Had a casual chat with the PI about past research and lab experiences. The staff were all very friendly and willing to give me directions and help.

Interview Questions

• What was your research experience   1 Answer

Senior Research Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

One on one interview with the person currently in the position, and team interview with the doctors who would be my supervisors. The entire process lasted a little over an hour. The initial interview was a phone screen that lasted around 30-45 minutes, both myself and the person interviewing me asked questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me your IRB experience   1 Answer
    • Describe management experience   1 Answer
    • Describe your experience managing study budgets.   1 Answer

Clinical Research Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in August 2015.

Interview

I applied for the position online and was called back for an interview after about 3 weeks. The interview took place in a conference room and was with just one person, which was not what I was expecting. I was asked about my relevant experience and my background, then the position and research was described to me in detail. Overall the interview lasted about 35 minutes. The interviewer was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in clinical research? Why do you think you would be good at this position?   Answer Question