Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 7, 2017

2.6

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Three group interviews. All were fit questions such as what in your work experience prepared you for this role and what challenges do you think you would face in the job

Interview Questions

• Challenges you see in the job   1 Answer

Level I Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a one-round interview process with 2 full time staff members. They asked few technical questions, and mostly wanted to know how many other current techs that I knew. They definitely value having a close-knitted team that feels comfortable working with one another. They want you to be fairly comfortable with mac computers as well.

Certified Medical Coder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy interview STAR method very comfortable environment, manager made the experience easy as if I were talking to a friend. I transferred to this position internally as I have already been with this company for 6 years.

Interview Questions

• Describe how youTell me about the most complicated message you have had to communicate to someone on the
      job. How was it complicated? What did you do to ensure that the message was understood?
      How successful were you in communicating what you intended?   Answer Question

Note Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

They are very friendly. Salary is due to how many copies do you have. They have some requirements for your minimum grades. Absolutely, the higher, the better. And the notes have to be taken nearly so that they can of real help.

Grant Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2016.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter asking how I felt about working in grants. I accepted to come in for an interview. I was screened by the research administrator as well as the division head.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified for this job.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in September 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews. Both were relatively casual. The interviews were conducted like conversations mostly. The interview would start with a question, but instead of just moving on, there was some back and forth. In both interviews, the interviewer spent some time explaining details about the job, so the interviews felt like a two-way street instead of just the interviewee listening and answering questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict with your supervisor. What was the issue and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Director of Clinical Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Thorough interview process, itinerary consisted of multi levels of faculty and staff. This gave a multi layer impression of the culture and work environment. The process was lengthy consisting of intense screening process.

Interview Questions

• With your minimal view of the organization, what process improvements would you suggest in the future.   Answer Question

Senior Research Technician Interview

Interview

Somewhat informal interview filled with garbage questions taken straight off an HR "What to ask your interview candidate" site. Didn't ask questions about my skills, didn't describe job, didn't ask if I had questions. I haven't yet heard back if I got the job, but I don't imagine that I did.

Research Lab/Tech Interview

Interview

Very informal interview process due to networking opportunity; Best suggestion for wanting a position at this institution is for you to network with key grant holders. The traditional methods of applying for a job here is very slim. Its better to network with someone already established at the institution rather going through the traditional method.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Imperial, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Imperial, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty quick and easy! I applied and about a week later I received an email for an interview. I went in the next day for an interview and then was contacted for a second interview a few days later. The day after the second interview I was asked if my references could be contacted and then I received an offer a few days later. Start to finish the interview process lasted about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• The questions were much related to my current job and other questions about my personally, such as my schooling and hobbies. They really wanted to get to know me personally and see how I fit into their organization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation was not necessary.