Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington University in St. Louis Interview Questions

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.6

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

Application through HR, phone interview with HR, many panel interviews. Over a 4 hour long interview, I was asked the exact same questions from a prepared sheet over and over. That was frustrating, but by hour 4 (and interviewer 10?) I had basically perfected every answer. Everyone was very kind, though, and I felt very at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were unable to accomplish your task within a deadline.   Answer Question

Police Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2016.

Interview

Very fast and professional process. I applied and about a week later I had a phone call from HR to set up an interview. I interviewed with a four person panel. I then got a call from HR a few days later to set up a second interview with the same format. I then received a call a few days later with a job offer

Interview Questions

• Pretend you are a radio broadcaster and do a short 30 second commercial on why we should hire you. Sell youself to us.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in March 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone screening in which the Project Coordinator seemed as though she was going through a checklist of qualifications and skills to see if I was a match. The second interview required me to meet with the Project Coordinator and Evaluation Lead to discuss the same qualifications and skills. There weren't too many "tell me about a time when..." questions, even though I was prepared to answer them. I tried to incorporate them into my answers, though.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your experience with customer service?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager about the research assistant job in an engineering lab. Had a casual chat with the PI about past research and lab experiences. The staff were all very friendly and willing to give me directions and help.

Interview Questions

• What was your research experience   1 Answer

Student Caller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

You reply to one of their adds then they will meet with you for a face to face interview. The mock interviews are semi formal and if you get the job, you get a lot of free food.

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I sent in an online application detailing the reasons why I was interested in getting the job for being a math tutor. They then emailed me saying i'd moved through and should get some recommendations from teachers. I did this and a few weeks later i got the job. It was a very simple and easy process. They just need to find a way to get more people to apply

Contracts Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Was emailed by hiring manager to schedule interview. Agreed to the time she suggested. Did not hear anything more from them confirming interview. Actual interview was pleasant enough, although it was a "gang" interview. Sent a follow-up email the next day. Never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this job, other than for the income?   Answer Question

PLTL Leader Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

I had a very brief interview with the program coordinator and current PLTL leaders. They asked me questions on how to handle certain group scenarios, what I gained from the program, situations where being in a group helped, or I learned something valuable from working in a group environment etc and also asked what questions I had.

Interview Questions

• What are pros and cons to dominant and quiet students in a group?   Answer Question

Mental Health Counseling Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2015.

Interview

Met with Director of Counseling and a Psychiatrist on staff for a face to face interview. The two took turns asking me what seemed like undergraduate school questions about how to counsel.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you use CBT with Trauma clients?   1 Answer

Grant Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis in October 2015.

Interview

Interview was simple, informal, and informative. The interview lasted about 20 minutes and seemed promising but i guess they got a better applicant. However, interviewer was not strong and seemed to not understand the job she was hiring for.