Washington University in St. Louis Research Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Washington University in St. Louis Research Assistant Interview Questions

2.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

They seemed to just give me the job. However, then there wasn't enough work for me. The post-doc and graduate student who interviewed me were very nice. I didn't feel nervous. I just came into the office and they asked me to talk about myself. There was nothing out of the ordinary.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for this lab? Talk about prior experiences.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Washington University in St. Louis

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager about the research assistant job in an engineering lab. Had a casual chat with the PI about past research and lab experiences. The staff were all very friendly and willing to give me directions and help.

Interview Questions

• What was your research experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online through the university's job website. The professor contacted me to set up an in-person interview the following week. The interview lasted about 2 hours, and it was mostly about how my skill sets and experience would fit into the lab and what my future goals are. A week later, I got an offer letter stating my start date and salary. Reference checks and background checks are part of the hiring process. Drug test varies with different positions.

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis.

Interview

Emailed and spoke to professors and discussed some projects that I worked on in the past. Explained who I was to the professor in terms of hobbies and interests. They gave me ideas of what their labs do and what I would do in their labs.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your past experiences in research? What do you do?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Apply for PHD program

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Phone interview, long interviews with multiple managers. Interviews lasted over an hour. The hiring process included meeting with human resources, a urine test and a hair sample was taken for drug testing. They cut out a significant chunk of hair and the employees who were involved in this process could not have possible been any ruder. In addition to the interviews, references were checked, all that were listed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was told it wasn't an option.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2013.

Interview

I just emailed the principal investigator. Some of the senior students also work in that agency. So they are pretty familiar with our student cohort. Got an email expressing interest to talk in-person. Mainly discussed the current research projects to see if I am interested in working on them. After a week, I followed up and got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2010.

Interview

I applied for and interviewed for several jobs at Wash U and overall they suck at getting back to you. People rarely give contact information and if you ask for a way to get in touch with them they refuse. If you are lucky enough to get the info for a follow up, they sometimes just don't answer you back. I have gone on interviews with them where the interviewer has been down right mean, talking about how apparently incompetent I am. What I don't understand is if they don't think I'm a good fit why even call me for an interview? I think they have a quota of people they have to interview before they can hire someone.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2009.

Interview

Different people have different interview process. Some professors do face-to-face interview. Others just do phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiable conditions.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Washington University in St. Louis (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2008.

Interview

Questions about research. Need to prepare a PPT summarizing your research and before phone interview. Briefly introduce your research and some questions about your skills. There were some questions about your off-work life and hobbies, and some introduction about the university. Generally, it's very positive.